Question about bass pedals

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Question about bass pedals

Postby hallo_frandz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:54 pm

I bought a 3.5 mm splitter and I was wondering if any of you guys or chicks know where to find a cheap pedal so I can do double pedal. Money isn't an object but I'd like a cheap one.
Obama sucks, Liberals suck, Metallica sucks, Avenged Sevenfold sucks, Nevermore sucks, I am greater than you. I will be more than you will ever think to be. I have more money than you. I am what you dream of being and what women dream of getting. I am the absolute single greatest thing ever. Just talking to me, your life seems to have a bit more meaning. Coheed & Cambria rocks, Buckethead rocks, Michael Angelo Batio rocks, Slayer Rocks, Megadeth is god, Neil Peart is god and Jimi Hendrix is the almighty god.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Question about bass pedals

Postby amak11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I pretty sure a normal slpitter wont work, but then again, i dont have the money to buy a second bass pedal. You could try to find a used one online. The cheapest i have seen is the PDP setup which includes the double bass adapter. They cost around 25 - 30 depending on where you are. Amazon or gamestop might have them in stock.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Postby hallo_frandz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Don't understand why it wouldn't work. There's videos of it working on Youtube
Obama sucks, Liberals suck, Metallica sucks, Avenged Sevenfold sucks, Nevermore sucks, I am greater than you. I will be more than you will ever think to be. I have more money than you. I am what you dream of being and what women dream of getting. I am the absolute single greatest thing ever. Just talking to me, your life seems to have a bit more meaning. Coheed & Cambria rocks, Buckethead rocks, Michael Angelo Batio rocks, Slayer Rocks, Megadeth is god, Neil Peart is god and Jimi Hendrix is the almighty god.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Then again, i dont know. My understanding it that you need a special adapter for RB1 drum sets while the RB2 sets are already capable of this feature.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Postby hallo_frandz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Either way, I'll find out.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:10 pm

RB1 sets wont work with a headphone jack splitter, what will happen is that both bass pedals will operate only one bass 'drum' meaning if pedal a is pressed pedal b is unresponsive. Theres videos of it on youtube, the mother of all that is true and factual.
aduro

Postby aduro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:49 pm

My friend got one of these for $30 at best buy
http://bombmatt.wordpress.com/2009/01/1 ... rock-band/

It's not great and the splitter doesn't work (It's just a headphone splitter). There really aren't any decent budget third-party pedals out there, it sucks
The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Postby hallo_frandz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:12 pm

So I can't get a second Rock Band pedal that comes with the splitter? Only works on RB2 drums?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Myfingershurt rigged a double bass thing for RB1 kits, didn't he?
Ah, here's the link:
http://www.cpeproto.com/doubleBassPedalKit.html
aduro

Postby aduro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:01 pm

hallo_frandz wrote:So I can't get a second Rock Band pedal that comes with the splitter? Only works on RB2 drums?

Yes you can get a separate RB2 pedal. It comes with a special splitter that will work. Should work on both rb1 and rb2 drums
The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Postby hallo_frandz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Thanks Aduro and Death, will buy both and try both, if neither work, gonna buy some firecrackers
aduro

Postby aduro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Either will work, you should get one or the other
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am

Just get the pdp bundle pack, it's actual double bass and not just a plastic bass pedal with a headphone splitter on it. And it come with a foot pedal
Ions are here, amazang
The Greatest Ever
hallo_frandz

Postby hallo_frandz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 am

jdawg wrote:Just get the pdp bundle pack, it's actual double bass and not just a plastic bass pedal with a headphone splitter on it. And it come with a foot pedal

What?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:24 am

hallo_frandz wrote:
jdawg wrote:Just get the pdp bundle pack, it's actual double bass and not just a plastic bass pedal with a headphone splitter on it. And it come with a foot pedal

What?

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Rock-Re ... B001VIF550

this is what we are talking about when we say pdp bunble pack, it has a spare pedal and a adapter that allows for double bass

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Return to “Other Music Games”