Guitarrero, a clone of Frets On Fire

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 11 years and 4 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Guitarrero, a clone of Frets On Fire

Postby raynebc » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Guitarrero still seems to have full CPU utilization when paused, but idles at no usage if the program is not in the foreground. Some bugs:

*If I return to main menu during the middle of a song and select Play, the game crashes. I also saw this happen after completing the entire song, exiting to main menu from the song select menu and pressing Play. Even if I just enter and exit the song select screen continuously after starting the game, the game eventually crashes even though I didn't play a chart. I doesn't happen if I just start the game and going back and forth between the main menu and credits screen though.
*On a couple of my charts, I noticed Guitarrero didn't render one or more guitar notes during gameplay
*If I miss playing a sustained note, I can play it in the middle of the sustain and the game resumes playing the audio track even though it doesn't count it as a successful hit (no score/hit counter increase)
*If I let go of the frets early during a sustain note, the game stops playing the audio track even if I had successfully hit the note.
*Playing a Rock Band chart again, it had me play the drum track instead of the guitar track. Here's the chart I reproduced this with:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l0s9lr
*At the song selection screen, pressing alphanumerical keys on the keyboard causes the letter/number to be drawn at the top of the song selection screen and it causes a pause/start playback of the song preview

Some suggestions:
-Allow the up/down arrow keys to be used in the difficulty selection screen. It might also be convenient to be able to use left/right arrow key to change between the difficulty or player # selection, and highlight the box for whichever is action to be controlled by the up/down keys.
-When entering my name at the end of the song, I didn't get to enter it completely because one of the letters was what I had configured as fret 1. During high score name input, consider accepting all alphanumerical characters until Enter is hit.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:56 pm

*If I let go of the frets early during a sustain note, the game stops playing the audio track even if I had successfully hit the note.

Not necessarily a bug. GH2 was like that.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
FretsOnFireCpp

Postby FretsOnFireCpp » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi !
First of all thank you so much for testing ! (especially raynebc :thumbup: )

I've added your suggestions to my TODO list and already have made some
I have uploaded a new version of Guitarrero
Which is done in v1.00 BETA 4
-> Fixed - Guitarrero still seems to have full CPU utilization when paused or in menu
-> Fixed - Bug when going to song selection, going back and then going again in song selection -> crash
-> Fixed - If I miss playing a sustained note, I can play it in the middle and the game resumes playing the audio track
-> Fixed - When filtering songs by name, the preview always change even if the song dont disapear
-> Added the habiability of making optional to cut the audio if the frets are released too early (sustainMode in launcher (checked = ignore early frets releases))

In TODO list :
-(IMPORTANT)"Miss" sound effect is only played if a note is played outside of the correct hit window.
-(IMPORTANT)If a frets is for example the key a you can't properly enter your name at end of a song
-(IMPORTANT)Add some graphic effect when playing correctly
-(IMPORTANT)Provide some documentation to explain settings, gameplay mode (ie. what is "Reflex"?)
-Add the ability to detect input to map buttons (ie. to game controllers)
-Provide a per-player difficulty selection
-Provide a per-player instrument track selection
-Allow the up/down arrow keys to be used in the difficulty selection screen.
-It might be convenient to be able to use left/right arrow key to change between the difficulty or player # selection, and highlight the box for whichever is action to be controlled by the up/down keys.
-Seems to miss some notes during gameplay in some songs (maybe notes that start after a sustain note but when this sustain note isn't finished ?)
-Sometimes play drums instead of guitar track (same bug in fof for me, i'm missing something :/)

You could download the new version at the same place : http://playguitarrero.online.fr/index.php?en&go=download

Also Acrox999 made a forum for Guitarrero at this place : http://guitarrero.netii.net/ Thanks to him ! (I'm updating website right now)
I don't want to "stole" Fof community (I don't think it could happen just to be clear ;)) but I hope he'll be useful ;)

Thanks for helping !
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Rapt0r wrote:

Not necessarily a bug. GH2 was like that.

And GHIII and GH:WT etc etc, I think RB too! yep RB too. It's just simple logic I guess...
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Cool, downloading the latest version. Forum is also updated! I'm gonna post a tutorial how to modify the skins there.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:06 am

The only bug I found this time:

*When a chart is played, Guitarrero stores information about it including but not limited to the delay value. If the chart is completed or quit, and the song.ini file is altered or replaced, Guitarrero will not reload the correct information even if the delay value is different. I came to notice this because earlier versions of the game overwrote delay values in song.ini as 0ms instead of correctly reading it. When I played those charts in Beta 4, I remembered that I had to correct this, so I quit the chart, replaced the song.ini file and started the chart again. I found that the game still played it with the delay value of the previous time I played it, even if I played a different chart and came back to the first one. I had to completely exit and restart Guitarrero before it reloaded the delay value from the song.ini file. The expected behavior would be for the game to load this kind of information each time a chart is selected for play.
FretsOnFireCpp

Postby FretsOnFireCpp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 am

Hi raynebc !

I've fixed this :
-> Fixed - Sometimes play drums instead of guitar track
-> Fixed - Guitarrero wasn't reloading the delay value of song for each play

I'm working on other point you tell.
I'll post when I'll upload the new beta version ;)

Thanks for testing ! :thumbup:

-- Edit: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:26 am --

Hi !

Just some news !

Track selection is almost done (guitar, drums or bass track) and some other bugs / improvements.

I'll make a new release ASAP (very busy with studies :/)

@plus !
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:54 pm

thanx for keeping us updated :D
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:54 am

Drums. :)
FretsOnFireCpp

Postby FretsOnFireCpp » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 am

The code source is now released :
https://github.com/fontaromain/Guitarrero

If you want to help me to improve this game, please let me know.

Have a good day !
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Wow, it sure has been a while. I've been focusing almost entirely on pro guitar/bass authoring for Rock Band and Rocksmith style charts the past couple of years. Is there a changelog for the differences between 1.0 and the last beta version from a few years ago?
FretsOnFireCpp

Postby FretsOnFireCpp » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:04 pm

There was nothing more since all this time unfortunately :( (just bug fixes)
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:49 pm

oh wow I completely forgot about this, I always thought this would be my game to replace fofix, good to see its still being worked on, had a good start.
Image Image
FretsOnFireCpp

Postby FretsOnFireCpp » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 am

Yep for sure it's been a long while =)

If someone wants to help please let me know ! (If graphics designers could be interested in I really would like to make a fully working 3D scene with animated characters as the game could allow it quickly =))

Return to “Other Music Games”