The Beatles:Rock Band information thread *update 8/08*

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 14 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Re: The Beatles:Rock Band information thread *update 8/08*

Postby ryanpanties » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

vedicardi wrote:Why would you expect any to be left handed when none have been so far?

.....because not all of The Beatles were right handed.... "Watch some live videos" :tongue:

vedicardi wrote:That was intentional, watch some live videos

I didn't say it was unintentional, I said it was obnoxious. I'm sure it was obnoxious to listen to in the 60's as well, and is probably a fair representation while it detracts from my gaming experience. That doesn't somehow make it a plus.

vedicardi wrote:That seems fair to me as some one that didn't preorder

Well, Gamestop advertised it as something "exclusive"... so a valid complaint, if not exactly against Harmonix. Do you mean "fair", or do you mean "works favorably for me personally"? Preordering vs online = $5 difference, and it was advertised as "exclusive songs", so while I am personally opposed to exclusive content it's a shame not to get what you were told you were paying for.

vedicardi wrote:Why would they do that for that reason? It's obvious that the SH crowd isn't their primary target

Again, I'm not so much complaining about their motivation as about the game they put out, though I did provide my own theory as to why they did it. And I'm making my difficulty comparison to previous Rock Band songs, not scorehero charts... I think it's fair to say that the Rock Band crowd IS their primary target.

vedicardi wrote:So? You don't have to buy them all. Would you prefer they made less guitars so you have less options?

No, I'd prefer they made more options and features rather than (or at least in addition to) more graphics and peripherals.

vedicardi wrote:Not a thing you said makes sense

I can understand your responses better in light of you feeling that way. :tongue2:
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Yeah I know, you can see that from my most recent post lol

I forgot to mention in the bit about the crowd that you can simply turn it down

Maybe it's not fair to you per say but I think if you think about everyone who bought the game it's much more fair in general. I'd blame gamestop at that.

I mean SH crowd as in people that are looking for difficult charts.

I have a feeling there isn't really that many more features that could have been added to RBB
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
dey see me trollin
mitch951

Postby mitch951 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:08 am

Epic game
Buy it now.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 am

mitch951 wrote:Epic game
Buy it now.

Indeed. This is correct.
Rock Band Enthusiast
mrbrownstone1990

Postby mrbrownstone1990 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Everyone needs to buy this now and download All You Need Is Love and play the guitar chart. Do it!

The achievements in this game are really fun, the ho/po ones are quite tricky. Ive gotten 1/3 of them (Octapus's Garden) and came really close to Dig A Pony (Damn trill at the end!). And this game isnt a push over like some people said there are some tricky songs on this game for all instruments
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:16 pm

From a musical standpoint, they really charted the chords well.

I read somewhere that the Beatles accepted to make the game because they looked the other band specific games and thought they were terrible, and that they could do better.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Played this with a group of people over for the first time last night, and I can't help but notice that if I'm playing on expert, and somebody else is playing Easy.....

my expert chart scrolls at easy-speed, making it look cramped and claustrophobic and unprofessional as hell.

And I really can't believe you guys are arguing with me on guitar difficulty level...... the lack of challenge in RBBeatles has been frustrating enough for me that I started teaching myself to play lefty (i'm righthanded) day before yesterday, and I'm already playing lefty on hard for most of the song list.

I usually think Rock Band is well charted, and this one just isn't. I'll admit that part of it is the guitar parts they chose to follow, which makes me want to reiterate the fact that they should have charted multiple guitar parts. They charted 3 vocal parts, how hard is it to add one more item on a menu and a few more ticks in the midi? It's also not a very good audio mix for gameplay.

Aside from graphics, the only redeeming gameplay quality is the multi-vocals, and those require purchasing extra mics and mic stands.... which is a situation they purposely set up for 360 users by removing support for the 360headset. This game is just one huge list of peripheral sales, and it will succeed as that because Beatles have always been collectible. I would still prefer a Beatles Track Pack for RB2 instead. This game would be a flop if it weren't for viability of the band involved.

You can say "The Beatles say it's a better RockBand!!!" all you want, but despite having all kinds of respect for them as musicians...... they don't know **** about Rock Band, lol. For most of you around here they're roughly your parent's age.... what exactly makes you trust their endorsement of their own product? Their background in videogame development? :confused: Or maybe it was all the flawless FC GH videos Paul posted on youtube? :tongue:

As for "they couldn't have fit many more features into RockBandBeatles........ where on earth is that coming from? You mean as far as disc space? How could they "not fit" support for 360mics, or a few extra bytes per song of charting additional parts? If space was an issue I could have done without some of the "rare video" interludes in favor of some features. If time was an issue i could have waited for christmas, so long as it meant a product that wasn't mostly glitter and a sale-able name.
aduro

Postby aduro » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:20 pm

ryanpanties wrote: I'll admit that part of it is the guitar parts they chose to follow, which makes me want to reiterate the fact that they should have charted multiple guitar parts.

You're a goddamn lunatic if you think this would be fun. The Beatles tracks are almost exclusively either trade-offs between Lennon and Harrison or single tracks with multiple overdubs. And it's usually both

You can say "The Beatles say it's a better RockBand!!!" all you want, but despite having all kinds of respect for them as musicians...... they don't know **** about Rock Band, lol. For most of you around here they're roughly your parent's age.... what exactly makes you trust their endorsement of their own product? Their background in videogame development? :confused: Or maybe it was all the flawless FC GH videos Paul posted on youtube? :tongue:

Nobody has ever said this in their life and the Beatles haven't said it either

As for "they couldn't have fit many more features into RockBandBeatles........ where on earth is that coming from? You mean as far as disc space? How could they "not fit" support for 360mics, or a few extra bytes per song of charting additional parts? If space was an issue I could have done without some of the "rare video" interludes in favor of some features. If time was an issue i could have waited for christmas, so long as it meant a product that wasn't mostly glitter and a sale-able name.

Nobody has ever said they couldn't fit more features in to RBB, at least in that sense. Space on the disc isn't the issue. There's just reasons not to include features like these. Breaking this down..

1. support for 360mics
Obviously logitech, harmonix and activision want people to buy their mics, but there's definitely an element of the 360 mic being really terrible. The static greatly reduces the accuracy of the vocals which is just no fun at all

2. Extra guitar tracks
There's some few obvious reasons for this. More guitar tracks means more audio tracks, which translates into longer loading and lower memory budgets for everything else on screen. Besides, If they have two guitar parts, how would you choose each one? It's not user friendly at all, it's completely the opposite of what Harmonix has done in the past, and the result would be boring, repetative midi tracks with less notes
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Guys are just angry because they know it is not That epic.
aduro

Postby aduro » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:04 pm

RedShadow wrote:Guys are just angry because they know it is not That epic.

That's really not this consensus

my expert chart scrolls at easy-speed, making it look cramped and claustrophobic and unprofessional as hell.

I forgot about this, yeah it SUCKS. They did this because supposedly there's potential for eyestrain when you've got so many necks moving at different speeds. I wish they had extra options to tweak it to be faster
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm not a Beatles fan but yesterday I got the chance to play this. It was pretty amazing. The music is hit-or-miss with me, but the effort and dedication put into making the sceneries and the animations is pretty incredible. There's just a sense of lightness and easygoingness that hits it for me. The guitar seems pretty good, the drums were OK. Overall, I think it would be a worthwhile purchase, even if you're not that much of an admirer of the music I think everything else may draw you in.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:55 pm

no ****, you're using the RB2 engine
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:00 pm

aduro wrote:...nobody has ever said....

Did you even bother to read the rest of the thread? Those comments were all references to things said prior to that comment in this thread, so it's interesting that you're so very sure that nobody has ever said them in their life, lol. It is possibly you're just uninformed?

I hardly know what to say about most of your comments honestly.... you imply that loading one additional audio track is going to be an immense strain on the system, that no Beatles song has two chartable guitar parts in it, and that the 360 mics don't work satisfactorily on RB2 (they're not great quality, but they work fine for lower diff vocals)..... i really don't think i have to detail responses to those things for them to look like rather questionable conclusions. :unsure:

vedicardi wrote:no ****, you're using the RB2 engine

I don't think RB2 worked that way, did it? Maybe i just played it with people playing at higher difficulties on that one, I could be wrong.
Last edited by ryanpanties on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:01 pm

ryanpanties wrote:
vedicardi wrote:no ****, you're using the RB2 engine

I don't think RB2 worked that way, did it? Maybe i just played it with people playing at higher difficulties on that one, I could be wrong.

Yes, it did work that way as well.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Tormann71 wrote:Yes, it did work that way as well.

Oh, ok. Glad i said i could be wrong. :blush:

Return to “Other Music Games”