News article... GH:WT outsells RB2 2:1 but.....?

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 15 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: News article... GH:WT outsells RB2 2:1 but.....?

Postby amak11 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 pm

In my view GH:WT still is the better game. I like a challenge and guitar hero has been been getting a bad rep for it, RB doesn't have Jimi Hendrix, RB doesn't have Ozzy, and I haven't seen a Lynard Skynard song for RB yet. Personally harmonix is trying too hard make their game better. The only good part of RB is the DLC, it has more known bands, but the songs on the game disc suck.The songs on the World tour disc are better, even though GH:WT doesn't have alot of DLC . but what if Activision made a tool to turn the old GH games into DLC. Everyone would stop playing RB and start playing GH.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:32 pm

amak11 wrote:Everyone would stop playing RB and start playing GH.

they even didnt maked the dlc with ghwt compatible what really pissed me off because i had a lot of them. in the first ghwt announcement they claimed that the dlc would be playeble in ghwt. well that was a big fail. you can be sure that all rock band dlcs will be playeble in future games. can we say the same about gh dlcs? not really

in my eyes thare are not much point where ghwt is better. songs are a point of taste. for my taste the setlist is nothing special and is for sure not better as the one from rb2 both tracklists have a few good artists and a lot of crap

i like more the rock band gui and i hate in ghwt the blue starpower color. the drum fills are a joke in ghwt and there are tons more things that are bad made in ghwt.

both games have a lot of place for improvements.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:57 pm

amak11 wrote:In my view GH:WT still is the better game. I like a challenge and guitar hero has been been getting a bad rep for it, RB doesn't have Jimi Hendrix, RB doesn't have Ozzy, and I haven't seen a Lynard Skynard song for RB yet. Personally harmonix is trying too hard make their game better. The only good part of RB is the DLC, it has more known bands, but the songs on the game disc suck.The songs on the World tour disc are better, even though GH:WT doesn't have alot of DLC . but what if Activision made a tool to turn the old GH games into DLC. Everyone would stop playing RB and start playing GH.

You really need to start paying attention, because RB has 2 Lynard songs, and NON-LIVE ones at that. Not only that, but there are a huge number of bands in RB not in GH, so you can't argue with who has better artists. Don't make me start listing them off.

"but what if Activision made a tool to turn the old GH games into DLC"

They wouldn't be masters and they would need to magically make drums and bass (not rhythm) and vocal charts for all of those songs.

And recently RB has been getting a lot of old GH songs...
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:57 pm

holystoneH wrote:
amak11 wrote:Everyone would stop playing RB and start playing GH.

they even didnt maked the dlc with ghwt compatible what really pissed me off because i had a lot of them. in the first ghwt announcement they claimed that the dlc would be playeble in ghwt. well that was a big fail. you can be sure that all rock band dlcs will be playeble in future games. can we say the same about gh dlcs? not really

in my eyes thare are not much point where ghwt is better. songs are a point of taste. for my taste the setlist is nothing special and is for sure not better as the one from rb2 both tracklists have a few good artists and a lot of crap

i like more the rock band gui and i hate in ghwt the blue starpower color. the drum fills are a joke in ghwt and there are tons more things that are bad made in ghwt.

both games have a lot of place for improvements.

Yeah i hear you, alot of the songs on rock band just don't make any sence to have on, like really, people listen to this?

ghwt had alot of classics, no metal, but it was still ok. and the only thing im mad about with the dlc and ghwt is that dragonforce didn't become compatible, but unlike most people i got the metallica pack before wt and i thought it was awesome you could play them on both.
Ions are here, amazang
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm

jdawg wrote:Yeah i hear you, alot of the songs on rock band just don't make any sence to have on, like really, people listen to this?

There's something there for everyone. In order to have extreme metal that annoys people like Painkiller you have to have some New Wave and Pop Rock so those people can't complain.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:29 pm

vedicardi wrote:
jdawg wrote:Yeah i hear you, alot of the songs on rock band just don't make any sence to have on, like really, people listen to this?

There's something there for everyone. In order to have extreme metal that annoys people like Painkiller you have to have some New Wave and Pop Rock so those people can't complain.

Everyone loves a little fog hat. ROFLMAO

well then you think about why do they call it rock band and have pop songs. oh well, ghwt sucks, rock band sucks, beatmania ftw

= X
Ions are here, amazang
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Yeah i hear you, alot of the songs on rock band just don't make any sence to have on, like really, people listen to this?

How good the song is and how fun it is to play are two completely different things.

I had fun with 90% of the pop-rock songs, even though I don't like them too much. The only songs I really didn't like were the 6 minute songs that repeated the same riff over and over, [cough]PDA and Band on the Run[/cough].

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Kermit4Prez wrote:

How good the song is and how fun it is to play are two completely different things.

I had fun with 90% of the pop-rock songs, even though I don't like them too much. The only songs I really didn't like were the 6 minute songs that repeated the same riff over and over, [cough]PDA and Band on the Run[/cough].

those are GHWT songs

---- EDIT ----

jdawg wrote:
vedicardi wrote:

well then you think about why do they call it rock band and have pop songs. oh well, ghwt sucks, rock band sucks, beatmania ftw

= X

It's pop rock there are no purely pop songs in there
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:39 pm

This is my analysis:

Spoiler:GHWT: HOLY **** ITS A SPECIAL DEAL ON CHICKEN!!!

RB2: A very fun game which has over 500! songs and a great UI
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:33 am

jdawg wrote:
vedicardi wrote:

= X

It's pop rock there are no purely pop songs in there[/quote]

Chad Wardenn: Who wants ta play dah shiyeht?

whats the difference between pop and pop rock. one of them is pretending to be something else. =o
Ions are here, amazang
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:38 am

Without an internet connection, that 500 song library everyone keeps bragging about drops to about 80-90. So that falls into consideration for me.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 am

jdawg wrote:whats the difference between pop and pop rock. one of them is pretending to be something else. =o

Britney Spears = Pop
Paramore = Pop Rock

Big difference
barbwireboy2

Postby barbwireboy2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Hhhheeeeeyyyyy nice going...just make a pointless topic knowing its completely gonna go like this -

Person A - RB2 IS LIEK TEH AWESOMEZZZZ
Person B - NUH UH...GHWT IS AWESOMEZ CAKEZZ
Person C - RB COPIED OFF TEH GUITAR HEROEZZZZZZ
Person A - NUH UH...GH ACTUALLY COPIED OF TEH RB LOLZZZ
Person D - THATS WAT URE MOM SIAD LUL

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
dey see me trollin
mitch951

Postby mitch951 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:06 pm

barbwireboy2 wrote:Hhhheeeeeyyyyy nice going...just make a pointless topic knowing its completely gonna go like this -

Person A - RB2 IS LIEK TEH AWESOMEZZZZ
Person B - NUH UH...GHWT IS AWESOMEZ CAKEZZ
Person C - RB COPIED OFF TEH GUITAR HEROEZZZZZZ
Person A - NUH UH...GH ACTUALLY COPIED OF TEH RB LOLZZZ
Person D - THATS WAT URE MOM SIAD LUL

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Nice going making a pointless post in said topic.
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:31 pm

amak11 wrote:In my view GH:WT still is the better game. I like a challenge and guitar hero has been been getting a bad rep for it, RB doesn't have Jimi Hendrix, RB doesn't have Ozzy, and I haven't seen a Lynard Skynard song for RB yet. Personally harmonix is trying too hard make their game better. The only good part of RB is the DLC, it has more known bands, but the songs on the game disc suck.The songs on the World tour disc are better, even though GH:WT doesn't have alot of DLC . but what if Activision made a tool to turn the old GH games into DLC. Everyone would stop playing RB and start playing GH.

Actually, RB2 is harder than GH:WT(Battery, Bodhisattva, Painkiller, Peace Sells, Visions, etc.). Seriously, GH:WT has nothing harder than Visions.
"RB doesn't have Jimi Hendrix, RB doesn't have Ozzy, and I haven't seen a Lynard Skynard song for RB yet."
RB has had 2 Lynyrd Skynyrd songs as DLC. Let me ask you something. Does GH:WT have Rush, Judas Priest, Grateful Dead, Journey, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan, Joan Jett, Kansas, Red Hot Chili Peppers, AC/DC, Megadeth, The Who, Ratt, Guns N' Roses, Bad Company, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Alanis Morissette, Billy Idol, etc?
"songs on the game disc suck.The songs on the World tour disc are better"
Read the sentence I said before.
"but what if Activision made a tool to turn the old GH games into DLC. Everyone would stop playing RB and start playing GH."
That wouldn't be that good since it probably wouldn't work on the PS2(Which has the most GH games)
Add me on XBL

Return to “Other Music Games”