Guitar Rising!

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 15 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
djmute

Guitar Rising!

Postby djmute » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:02 pm

This might have hit the radar earlier in the forums but I'm pretty excited about this game coming up called Guitar Rising.
Don't get me wrong, I love playing FoF and have carpal tunnel as proof of that, but being a guitar player I've been waiting for a game that uses real guitars sit'n the corner of my room. I'm just hoping that once it comes out, the FoF community will jump on fretting songs for it! The songs I see listed in the demo vid don't seem very interesting.

Check it out
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2xCck2OCuY4kpqHdu
Angrytigerp

Re: Guitar Rising!

Postby Angrytigerp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Well, see, there's already something for that... it's called a band. People play in them with real guitars all the time.

Really, the thing with GH, RB, and FoF was that it gave people who have no musical experience a taste of what it's like, and gave real guitar players, drummers, etc. a challenge to have fun dumbing themselves down to 10% of their full capability (and, in light of those complaints from real musicians that it's too hard, failing at that). This... this is just bad. I don't need a game to tell me I'm playing a song right, thanks. I'll use my ears for that.

Although, this would be great fun to plug into a real band's instruments, and see how well they do as judged by a game.
ImageImage
I'm a musical guy. Check out my YouTube Page, for example.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Old news. What it has to do with Frets On Fire?! Put this thread in the Rythm Guitar games SECTION!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:16 pm

And besides that, have they announced that custom songs can be added to the game? I wonder how the game will have you calibrate your guitar, will it force you to tune it to standard and then test various notes?
djmute

Postby djmute » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:19 pm

I completely understand the appeal and draw of RB+GH type games to give the average joe gaming chops to playing well without to much time and money invested in a real instrument. As there is a place for these games, I think this is just a natural progression (or regression!?) and another option for players who might be interested in learning a real instrument and sticking with a fun, familiar and quite efficient format for learning. then there are those that want a different kind of challenge as I know many here have pretty much reached the peak of skillz on FoF and might want to build on the skillz learned from rhythm games.
jrdnxxhero

Postby jrdnxxhero » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:20 pm

"Angrytigerp"]Well, see, there's already something for that... it's called a band. People play in them with real guitars all the time.

Well, if you can't understand what the game is trying to do, it's trying to give you a real guitar playing experience. For people that don't know how to shred.
Angrytigerp

Postby Angrytigerp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:28 pm

I don't get it, though. It's basically a Guitar-Heroized (made up word, yeah) version of Guitar Pro. An animated, scrolling tab -- whoop-de-doo. I am not shelling out 40 bucks on this when I can just DL TuxGuitar, a GP tab, and totally import it (take that, you money-whoring Guitar Pro pricks!) for free. Or figure out a song by ear, but that's mainly when I teach myself simple old video game songs -- but my point remains that it's just a way to make money off of the people who play Guitar Hero or Rock Band, want to play a real instrument, but can't function without a virtual fretboard telling them what to do and when.
ImageImage
I'm a musical guy. Check out my YouTube Page, for example.
Moonflow43

Postby Moonflow43 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 pm

djmute wrote:I completely understand the appeal and draw of RB+GH type games to give the average joe gaming chops to playing well without to much time and money invested in a real instrument. As there is a place for these games, I think this is just a natural progression (or regression!?) and another option for players who might be interested in learning a real instrument and sticking with a fun, familiar and quite efficient format for learning. then there are those that want a different kind of challenge as I know many here have pretty much reached the peak of skillz on FoF and might want to build on the skillz learned from rhythm games.

this guy gets it. don't get me wrong, tabs are great and such, but this is mainly for people who STARTED in gh/rb (like me) and later decided to try and play guitar. it's much more of video game environment and should hopefully be more fun than just reading tabs or playing along with a .mid. i already have a real guitar and a usb connector with it, i'm all ready for this game/teaching program!! haha

oh and this is extremely old news (little over a year now if i'm not mistaken) and the creators have STILL yet to edit their homepage in any way besides to extend the copyright year (which they did in like july or something, lmao)
Check out my songs thread here // Forum Instructional Video
incredibly
special jerry

Postby special jerry » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:47 am

looks cool.
FoF / GH / RB are all good & fun but it doesn't come close to jammin' a real instrument. - not that it's supposed to, its just a game.
this 'game' is coming from a totally different angle

i understand why some people don't like it though
you gotta remember: its "cool" to hate stuff, even if its just another option which you don't have to pay attention to..

mmm, lemons!
you.
Caystony3

Postby Caystony3 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Coming soon

Yes, as "soon" as
Duke Nukem Forever
The Evangelion Live-Action movie
Starcraft Ghost
Gran Turismo 5
and The Last Dangerous Visions by Harlan Ellison all get released.

As Moonflow43 said, this will never come out because this "game" is the epitome of the Stop Having Fun Guys: a bunch of SHFG decide to make this P.O.S. but their arrogance of distancing it from Harmonix/Activ.-Blizzard made them stick their heads up their own ***** even further.

Oh yes, it's cool to hate on something, especially if that "something" will never see the light of day! its advertisement on this board consists of this positive topic and the rest being 1-post wonders declaring "Hey! Stop having fun guys on Frets On Fire! ZOMG this **** iz reelistik Geeter rusing 4eva!!One11!"

Is said "totally different angle" being to not have fun or to play guitar with computer aided help? If it's not a game, then as Angrytigerp said, just get Guitar Pro...

Return to “Other Music Games”