Does world tour suck?

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
venus_doom

Re: Does world tour suck?

Postby venus_doom » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:11 pm

It's a cowaf*cking piece of dog sh!t
T3H H0LY PWNZ0R
GeneralGilliam24

Postby GeneralGilliam24 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 pm

I change my vote, GH:WT IS in my opinion better than RB2, The songs are not as hard, but they are much better.
User banned for Credit Stealing.
Rock Band Enthusiast
mrbrownstone1990

Postby mrbrownstone1990 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:43 am

venus_doom wrote:It's a cowaf*cking piece of dog sh!t

AVGN FTW!

Also agreed
Jjjohn0404

Postby Jjjohn0404 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Rock Band has way better dlc. More hardcore drummers should go with rb2. If you haven't played the drums before, then get GH:WT. Also, if you're into creating crappy sounding music, go with world tour
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:14 pm

are you guys serious? i got it and all the people that say ghwt is easy obviously haven't played the game.

btw if anyone knows any mars volta, im making wax simulacra as a custom song, absolutely beastly drums.
Ions are here, amazang
Angrytigerp

Postby Angrytigerp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Yeah... saying that the drums are easy... I can drum IRL, but some of this stuff is ridiculous. Just another reason I am NOT gonna learn BYOB on a real set. And I actually prefer the two raised pads, because while some people get annoyed by it, I like the added difficulty. Now, if they could only get that yellow pad to be mounted on the far left of the set and put in a pedal for the high-hat...

World Tour isn't really one way or the other in being "good" or "bad". I don't like most of the songs on it, but that's just me. Also, while I've played RB2 and could compare them for you, I'm going to be getting it for Wii soon anyway, so I'm not gonna make the "WT or RB2" judgment.

And as for drum kit quality... my snare (red) and high-hat/aux. crash (yellow) worked horrifically, till I taped the sensor thing like I saw on a homebrew fix. I know you guys are going to argue that it shouldn't have been necessary, and you're right, but it wasn't hard and they work fine now. I bet the reason that half of you take issue is because you learned RB's 4-pad configuration, and if you don't drum IRL, the 5-pad config is too hard for you (the extra pad is there for you to remember).

@ MarvinPA: Which songs are underfretted in drums? EDIT: Wait, are you saying RB is way underfretted? Because you are very right in that case.

So in answer to the question: if you are used to the RB/RB2 drum layout, don't bother with the drums because you're gonna have a bad time trying to make them work out for you (both in-game performance and, for some, RL hit detection). As a GH game, WT is as good as any of its predecessors, IMHO, in terms of performance and layout, etc. It comes down to your take on the setlist.
ImageImage
I'm a musical guy. Check out my YouTube Page, for example.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:47 pm

It should be BETTER though, not just as good. It's the 4th game, not the 2nd.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
GesterX

Postby GesterX » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:43 pm

If they just brought out some good challenging DLC I would love the game. I played GH3 almost non-stop for 8/9 months after I got it. I'm already quite bored of GHWT. There's only a handful of songs that are interesting to play. The rest are criminally repetitive or just too easy. I think GH3 got the balance just right between difficult and fun songs to play. I'm waiting on GH:M to deliver the goods because I really like the GH:WT engine but not the songs. Hopefully they will use the same engine but this time the songs are going to be good too.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:30 pm

As soon as I started playing my PS3 busted, but from the few mins i played it was good. Although I think the change in fretsbuttons and notes were a downgrade :thumbdown:
I eat marbles
klorjne

Postby klorjne » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm

jdawg wrote:are you guys serious? i got it and all the people that say ghwt is easy obviously haven't played the game.

btw if anyone knows any mars volta, im making wax simulacra as a custom song, absolutely beastly drums.

There's no way in hell you could accurately create a Volta song in that god-awful music maker.
Having played it again recently:
With few exceptions (Hot for Teacher cough cough) the drums are pretty easy and singing is also really easy. Guitar is still fun, I especially enjoy Purple Haze. Gotta say though, it's pretty stupid having 3 TOOL songs on disc
vedicardi wrote:I wonder how many more pages this thread will last before it gets locked like every other thread on here started by some idiot
amak11 wrote:(Oh no klorjne don't sig quote me again, i proved online gameplay on a portable gaming device will be slow)
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:40 pm

klorjne wrote:Gotta say though, it's pretty stupid having 3 TOOL songs on disc

Exactly. Those songs are WAY to repetitive and get boring fast.

I gotta say apart from the edition from full band feature,, I liked GH3 better. :/
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 am

vedicardi wrote:It should be BETTER though, not just as good. It's the 4th game, not the 2nd.

Which, oh the irony, everyone makes out to be OMGDABEST. Just because Harmonix made it and HOPOs didn't suck like in GH1... And it wasn't a ridiculously overpriced song pack.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:12 am

fofgh3 wrote:

Vicarious is one of the best songs on the game b*tch. :smile:

Assassin, Livin on a Prayer, Vicarious, Today, About a Girl and You Can Go Your Own Way, are the best songs. :\
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:39 pm

MarvinPA wrote:
fofgh3 wrote:

Vicarious is one of the best songs on the game b*tch. :smile:

Assassin, Livin on a Prayer, Vicarious, Today, About a Girl and You Can Go Your Own Way, are the best songs. :\

QFT

and i can make wax simulacra on the ( decent ) music maker, what do you expect, absolutely to the t, REAL drums and REAL guitar, do you know the agony it would be to make a music maker like that. there is no possible way.

im fine with it, its absolutely simple and brings custom songs in the picture. something rock band could never do now, all they can do is receive the feedback and make a better one on ghwt2.
Ions are here, amazang
Lv9 CPU
Master Goldfish

Postby Master Goldfish » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:39 pm

I like it alot
I tried Rock Band 2 at a friends house, and I don't really like it compared to Guitar Hero World Tour.
Frets on Fire World Tour:
https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32422
My Offical First Project

Return to “Other Music Games”