Bro what is with the Gender selection on this site?

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
Dreamcast-Turnip

Bro what is with the Gender selection on this site?

Postby Dreamcast-Turnip » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Not sure if this belongs here. But can i just suggest something real quick?
It would probably be better to have it so that when you sign up, the gender options are just Male, Female, and Non Binary. or maybe have it say Other and allow you to put whatever you identify as on it. I find it kind of dumb to have "Spider Man" and "Guy with Moobs" be options.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: Bro what is with the Gender selection on this site?

Postby Maupy2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:56 am

Dear bro,

I agree. Tbh, I'm kind of surprised to hear they're still asking for your gender on sign-up. When I go into my settings, I can't find anywhere to enter my gender.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 pm

haha, you're right. That list is 10+ years old, only viewable at sign-up and totally ridiculous.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Hey, I like being Iron Man...
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:57 pm

Advika wrote:I'd like to suggest a more inclusive sign-up process with just three HIDDEN-SPAM-REDACTEDender options: Male, Female, and Non Binary. Alternatively, you could provide an "Other" option for individuals to specify their gender identity. "Spider Man" and "Guy with Moobs" as choices seem unnecessary and trivialize the important concept of gender identity.

agreed with the spammer. I'm removing the gender/sex from registration. We have no interests in collecting that kind of information.
(now too bad I have to banhammer that account and it's now looking like I'm replying to nobody...)
Preethi

Postby Preethi » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:06 am

Dreamcast-Turnip wrote:Not sure if this belongs here. But can i just suggest something real quick?
It would probably be better to have it so that when you sign up, the gender options are just Male, Female, and Non Binary. or maybe have it say Other and allow you to put whatever you identify as on it. I find it kind of dumb to have "Spider Man" and "Guy with Moobs" be options.

Absolutely, your suggestion for more inclusive gender options is important. Simplifying to Male, Female, and Non Binary or providing an "Other" option would better respect diverse gender identities, making the sign-up process more inclusive and respectful.

Return to “Forum Talk”