A birthday and some renovations!

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 8 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Re: A birthday and some renovations!

Postby AlexTaylor » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:40 pm

What about redoing the poll system?

There is no "Delete Poll" option.
And when I tried to change the question and choices, hoping that maybe it would reset the votes, it didn't and the votes stayed.

Not a big deal, but pretty much every other forum I go on has where you can freely add/delete/change polls.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 am

If possible, since the user base isn't as nearly as large as its peak, the restriction on multiple consecutive searches should be removed, in my opinion. If it's an issue of it being an inherent function of the forum architecture, or if it'd affect the bandwidth or something, (just spouting tech jargon as I have no idea what I'm talking about) then I could understand why to keep it.
farottone

Postby farottone » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:17 pm

BombDude24 wrote:If possible, since the user base isn't as nearly as large as its peak, the restriction on multiple consecutive searches should be removed, in my opinion. If it's an issue of it being an inherent function of the forum architecture, or if it'd affect the bandwidth or something, (just spouting tech jargon as I have no idea what I'm talking about) then I could understand why to keep it.

It may also be an anti-crawler protection system. ;)
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 am

Here's an idea. What if FoF had a list of charters , sorted by reputation? Rep would pretty much be like karma, but only for people that chart. Whoever has more is higher up on the list. Sound good? No? Didn't think so.
My Song Thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59701
FrOoGle HeRo I - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=628936#p628936
FrOoGle HeRo II (unfinished :C) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58720
FrOoGle HeRo III - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=637471#p637471
FrOoGle HeRo IV - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=638836
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

Signature picture provided by The---Way
The Avenger
Yhughu

Postby Yhughu » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:15 am

FrOoGle wrote:Here's an idea. What if FoF had a list of charters , sorted by reputation? Rep would pretty much be like karma, but only for people that chart. Whoever has more is higher up on the list. Sound good? No? Didn't think so.

Could only work if everyone used it. And if that is based purely on the quality of the charts. But I guess everyone on here knows that charts from the prominent charters are good. (Except mine XD)
So I don't really know where to use it for?
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:50 am

Yhughu wrote:
FrOoGle wrote:Here's an idea. What if FoF had a list of charters , sorted by reputation? Rep would pretty much be like karma, but only for people that chart. Whoever has more is higher up on the list. Sound good? No? Didn't think so.

Could only work if everyone used it. And if that is based purely on the quality of the charts. But I guess everyone on here knows that charts from the prominent charters are good. (Except mine XD)

This is where nwru's song database idea could come in handy. An average of each author's song ratings could be pulled to create a list, ranked by said average. Get on that ru! :tongue2:
warhol

Postby warhol » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:04 pm

wolferacing wrote:
Yhughu wrote:

This is where nwru's song database idea could come in handy. An average of each author's song ratings could be pulled to create a list, ranked by said average. Get on that ru! :tongue2:

There was this time when FinalFret was alive during its short two-month stint that all songs posted on there would be reviewed by a set of, well, reviewers. I think it was a team of ten people who would take submissions and any one of them could approve of each submission, posting it on the database of the site.

Of course, doing so here would require a specific amount of dedicated people to panel, which might not be that easy. However, considering the fact that the popularity of FoF has died down, less people have created charts, which lessen the possible workload generated.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra

Return to “Forum Talk”