Rules for updateing other members work?

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 10 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Sirenix

Rules for updateing other members work?

Postby Sirenix » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Im currently working on a Def Leppard cd if thats not obvious by now lol, and I was wondering, what is the rules for editing and posting someone elses work other then giving them full credit obviously. Last time the member was on was in 2011. All i'm really doing to it is creating a rhythm or bass parts for it, and/or creating other skill levels for use with my guitar hero 3. Im sure there are other people who could use the music updates for the files but if it's in any way breaking any kind of rules i will keep it for myself. It's mostly just finishing someone's project to me.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Re: Rules for updateing other members work?

Postby nwru » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Just giving them credit in your forum post should be sufficient since the other member is inactive. If they were still active, I would say maybe ask their permission. If they said no, you could always release yours will just the rhythm and bass parts.

Giving credit is important around here. We take credit theft fairly seriously. Kudos to you for asking first!
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Sirenix

Re: Rules for updateing other members work?

Postby Sirenix » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Oh ya of course. The amount of effort it takes to make a song is nuts, just editing out guitar solos and adding rhythm rifts in their place takes an hour or so lol. I was going to post in his page and post it there but that tread is actually locked. So I'll link from mine to his as the original fretter. Last thing I ever want is to upset anyone I'll send him a PM too in case he does pop back up some time. Im just hoping to expand the online database with more ways of playing the songs ;)

Return to “Forum Talk”