Policy on RB3 Versions?

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
impostor404

Policy on RB3 Versions?

Postby impostor404 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:03 am

Quick question. I just finished charting a song, and was going to make a post with links to both FoF and RB3 versions. However, my post was disallowed for "illegal content". I haven't been on this site in a while, and was just wondering if there was a FAQ I missed somewhere or if this was just a fluke.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Re: Policy on RB3 Versions?

Postby nwru » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

It's basically the same rules as for multitracks. See: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=52411
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
impostor404

Postby impostor404 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Ok, that makes sense. Whoever deleted my thread probably looked at the filesize and assumed it was a multitrack.

However, most ways of compiling an mp3 into a RB3 file result in a way bigger size than an equivalent FoF track. Would this mean a RB3 file using a CD version like any other song here would be allowed?
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 pm

I see now. I was the one who denied the post it because I initially thought it was a rip of a song FROM RB3 :blush:

It's not explicitly mentioned in the rules anywhere, but it's discouraged to post an RB3 version of a charted song without the FoF(iX) version. You do know this forum is for the game Frets On Fire, right? The vast majority of members here would rather have that version instead.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

impostor404

Postby impostor404 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I was planning on editing the post to include the FoFix version later, since I was having some problems with it. I only posted the RB3 version first because I chart primarily for that now, even though I started with FoF. The new post will have both.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Bumping this to try to spark some discussion.

I would like to see a rule set in place about Con files. Lately I have seen quite a few "Tune Posting" topics regarding RB3 con file formatted customs. The authors of these topics only supply the con format and that's it. Since this is a Frets on Fire forum, I believe this should not happen. I don't have a problem with the actual RB3 customs themselves, but rather the lack of support for FoF. I strongly believe that if you post songs that are formatted for RB3 you should have to post their FoF formatted versions as well.

The Con-only topics are not benefiting FoF at all. In fact, they are causing confusion. Forcing FoF versions to be posted with Con files will fix both of those issues.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:13 am

wolferacing wrote:Bumping this to try to spark some discussion.

I would like to see a rule set in place about Con files. Lately I have seen quite a few "Tune Posting" topics regarding RB3 con file formatted customs. The authors of these topics only supply the con format and that's it. Since this is a Frets on Fire forum, I believe this should not happen. I don't have a problem with the actual RB3 customs themselves, but rather the lack of support for FoF. I strongly believe that if you post songs that are formatted for RB3 you should have to post their FoF formatted versions as well.

The Con-only topics are not benefiting FoF at all. In fact, they are causing confusion. Forcing FoF versions to be posted with Con files will fix both of those issues.

and just who would enforce that? theres barely any active staff around here
Image Image
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 am

Asskickulater wrote:and just who would enforce that? theres barely any active staff around here

We're always watching :wink:

Besides, most of you don't see the posts that get denied in the moderator queue. I'm regularly shooting down multitrack posts and such.

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 am

nwru wrote:
Asskickulater wrote:and just who would enforce that? theres barely any active staff around here

We're always watching :wink:

Besides, most of you don't see the posts that get denied in the moderator queue. I'm regularly shooting down multitrack posts and such.

i think your the only staff active here lol

Edit (nwru): Ok, back on topic...
Image Image
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 am

Im with Wolferacing on this. The fact here being this forum didnt start as a game hacks forum. All or most songs should be compatible with fof\fofix\PS first, everything else second
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 pm

amak11 wrote:Im with Wolferacing on this. The fact here being this forum didnt start as a game hacks forum. All or most songs should be compatible with fof\fofix\PS first, everything else second

I'm so proud of you :'-)

anyway yea I'm in agreement, but Is till think theirs any real way to enforce it lol (unless there are more mods active and just lurking all the time :P)
Image Image
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:08 am

The report button is a powerful tool.

Return to “Forum Talk”