Editing of OP

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 12 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
farottone

Editing of OP

Postby farottone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 am

Hello all, I'm maintaining this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55607

When I started it yesterday it had to be approved and everything went fine. Now I tried to edit the opening post, something I would do on a regular basis to add links and change status. The thread went back in moderation and no replies show up (I had a couple). I was wondering if this standard for the OP, because I suppose I'm gonna be updating the opening post a lot and besides replies (which I suppose will come back as soon as the OP gets reapproved).

Thanks very much to anyone who can help.
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Re: Editing of OP

Postby nwru » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi farottone.

As an anti-spam measure, users with less than 5 posts have to have their posts approved by a moderator/admin if they have links in them. You're still under that threshold, so your posts are more scrutinized than others.

I know it's annoying for some newcomers such as yourself, but it blocks a LOT of spam :cool:
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
farottone

Postby farottone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:33 pm

nwru wrote:Hi farottone.

As an anti-spam measure, users with less than 5 posts have to have their posts approved by a moderator/admin if they have links in them. You're still under that threshold, so your posts are more scrutinized than others.

I know it's annoying for some newcomers such as yourself, but it blocks a LOT of spam :cool:

I understand that, that's no problem. The fact that my thread lost a couple of replies though worries me a bit, I think I'll wait for a few more posts before editing that OP again in case other replies get wiped out.

-- Edit: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:40 pm --

Also, I have no idea why but I have two threads now open. Could an admin or a mod simply merge the two threads? It would be greatly appreciated, I have no idea why there's two of them.

Ok, now I get it. No replies were lost, they are simply in the duplicate thread. Sorry for the confusion but I have no idea this happened... :(
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:59 pm

No worries. I've merged the topics together, but they're still a bit messy. I don't want to lose any of your changes, so please look them over and delete the unnecessary post.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki

Return to “Forum Talk”