how to add an avatar?

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 12 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Te gusta?
amber619pop

how to add an avatar?

Postby amber619pop » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 am

I keep putting the URL in the blank space but it says the url is invalid every time no matter how I do it. Any reason for this? The dimension is within limits..
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Re: how to add an avatar?

Postby nwru » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:33 pm

What URL are you putting in there? If it's an avatar, I believe that it must end in .gif, .jpg or .png.

You could also try re-uploading it to somewhere like imageshack and see if it works then.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Te gusta?
amber619pop

Postby amber619pop » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:17 pm

i tried using imageshack several times but it would not use that url either. the one i wanted ends in .gif
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 pm

amber619pop wrote:i tried using imageshack several times but it would not use that url either. the one i wanted ends in .gif

Imageshack made it a long process to hotlink(or direct link) unless your signed in, you need that link in order for it to work. If you have a link that ends something like ".gif/" then it won't work, it must end ".gif".

There is still a way to hotlink from imageshack without logging in, it's just a bit tedious.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Return to “Forum Talk”