Tech Support and 'Other Games'

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Tech Support and 'Other Games'

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 pm

As an added bonus, ill run one of fofix's moving background. at full speed at 720p, that's showing balls. and Phase shift i will run with 100% performance robbing crap
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:21 pm

really? last i remember FoFix didnt have AA and stuff... been a while since I used it so i could be wrong.. probably am ha

and i agree 100% with ander, it seems pretty much like amak is fanboying over fofix and is afraid to admit that its been beaten so hes trying to find every reason to bash it

heres a challenge for you amak, try and do this with fofix and show me your result:

lets ignore the fact that most of those are playing pro instruments, can you record fofix running 4 player at 30 fps at the resolution of 1360x768? if you can then do so and post it on youtube.

-- Edit: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:24 pm --

amak11 wrote:As an added bonus, ill run one of fofix's moving background. at full speed at 720p, that's showing balls. and Phase shift i will run with 100% performance robbing crap

oh really amak? you mean like this?

run with 100% performance robbing crap

again.. at the highest settings PS IS DOING MORE THEN FOFIX!!!! you cant expect a dynamic background to run better then a f*cking video!

-- Edit: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 pm --

you know what amak, how about you post your computers specs.
Image Image
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Accepted! Uploading may be an issue, my net sucks for upload speeds D:

--Edit--

If you must know

Pentium Dual-Core 2.93ghz
4gb ddr2 RAM
1gb ATI Radeon HD 5450 video card

it's not a high level gaming machine.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:37 pm

you neglected to supply computer specs =/
Image Image
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:42 pm

i did supply specs, those are the only relevant ones to either game. I'm not telling you with OS i have installed and such, for all you know i could be running windows 7 on a emulator at full speed

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 pm

yea.. you added specs NOW

my system specs are:
pentium dualcore 1.6 ghz
4 gigs of DDR2 RAM
1 gb Nvidia GT 240

so your system is quite a bit better then mine
Image Image
I have special eyes
Belisario93

Postby Belisario93 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:08 pm

From my experiences, FoFiX performs in different ways on each machine. I'd imagine you could have 2 machines with very similar specs but have way different results with it, from what I've seen in tech support. It might go similarly with phase shift. I have found Phase Shift to run better on my machine than FoFiX, but obviously that is not everyone's case. FoFiX is just not something you compare speeds with.

With that in mind, whether or not one is better than the other (either in functionality, source open-ness, or efficiency) is rather irrelevant in this discussion, given that we're talking about whether one should be allowed to be mentioned in tech support, not which one everyone should use. Personally, I'd say that while Phase Shift (and other music games) should not be the end all, be all solution to tech support problems, it should not be written off either.

I understand that this forum is for Frets on Fire, but we should not deny someone help just because said help involves trying out a different game. There's really not any big loss for us when someone switches to PS. It's not like we're making money off of each download of FoFiX.
dangit nobby
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Belisario93 wrote:From my experiences, FoFiX performs in different ways on each machine. I'd imagine you could have 2 machines with very similar specs but have way different results with it, from what I've seen in tech support. It might go similarly with phase shift. I have found Phase Shift to run better on my machine than FoFiX, but obviously that is not everyone's case. FoFiX is just not something you compare speeds with.

With that in mind, whether or not one is better than the other (either in functionality, source open-ness, or efficiency) is rather irrelevant in this discussion, given that we're talking about whether one should be allowed to be mentioned in tech support, not which one everyone should use. Personally, I'd say that while Phase Shift (and other music games) should not be the end all, be all solution to tech support problems, it should not be written off either.

I understand that this forum is for Frets on Fire, but we should not deny someone help just because said help involves trying out a different game. There's really not any big loss for us when someone switches to PS. It's not like we're making money off of each download of FoFiX.

yea, this is off topic, but I want to finish this off now, I'm tired of having this EXACT same argument every month with this guy.
Image Image
I have special eyes
Belisario93

Postby Belisario93 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Asskickulater wrote:
yea, this is off topic, but I want to finish this off now, I'm tired of having this EXACT same argument every month with this guy.

not really taking any sides, or trying to ridicule. Just found it to be relevant.
dangit nobby
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:32 pm

haha, I have that pic, it is awesome XD
Image Image
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Despite the lagginess i was able to record a HD video of 4 players. You challenge me with 4 players and we all know more players in fofix is buggy. Personally im not uploading a video that recorded at under 20fps to my channel. (15 fps is not pretty to look at) (on a sidenote that was 3.121)

--Edit--

Should have gone with 4.0 :D
Last edited by amak11 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:57 pm

"Despite the lagginess"

thank you, you just proved my point entirely.
Image Image
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Asskickulater wrote:"Despite the lagginess"

Then i disproved your point in the same sense as i got a perfect HD recording with 4.0 alpha using my theme whichh is still buggy as hell :smile:

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Can't wait to see these recordings.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:11 pm

amak11 wrote:
Asskickulater wrote:"Despite the lagginess"

Then i disproved your point in the same sense as i got a perfect HD recording with 4.0 alpha using my theme whichh is still buggy as hell :smile:

no, I said to record 4 player in 1360x768 with 30 fps you failed, I recorded my video at 30 fps at full size with 5 players running on a dynamic background aswell as using mostly pro instruemnts, FoFiX can barely hold up with 4 players on a video/image with basic instruments. you even had the added advantage of being on a faster computer then me and PS STILL destroyed fofix. face it, you just lost amak.
Image Image

Return to “Forum Talk”