Dethreading

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 13 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
warhol

Re: Dethreading

Postby warhol » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Then why do people always ask to "get back on topic"? I love derailing, but obviously some people don't like it.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 pm

warhol wrote:Then why do people always ask to "get back on topic"? I love derailing, but obviously some people don't like it.

Do you mean "people" or "tibi" because honestly I can only recall tibi actively worrying about off topicness in the off topic section.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:56 pm

iamsensay wrote:
Do you mean "people" or "tibi" because honestly I can only recall tibi actively worrying about off topicness in the off topic section.

This. Granted, there's a topic for every thread, but yeah.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:27 pm

iamsensay wrote:
warhol wrote:Then why do people always ask to "get back on topic"? I love derailing, but obviously some people don't like it.

True statement is true.
DSP21

Postby DSP21 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Some request to get back to topic but sometimes it is because they want to express their opinion:
An example: talking about the PS3 Root Key and it leads to XBox security which happened

I want to give my opinion about the Root Key and I say...
Back to Topic.... bla bla bla

Sometimes people don't like it but other times it's not the leading to off-topicness it's the opinion which leads to the topic again

Confusing? Sorry if it is...

Steam: DSP21
PSN: D-S-P21
Youtube: Dsp21
Last.fm: NemeSys21
Twitch: Dsp211
Discord: Dsp21#0079
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

How about instead of saying "Back on topic", you just make an interesting post about the original topic so that the flow of the thread leads back to that naturally?

Also, and I'm just going to say this, I absolutely hate it when there's an "argument" (heated debate, there's a difference) and then someone retorts and then covers their ass by saying "alright now back to the actual topic". It's a really obnoxious way of getting the final say and then covering your ass from any further debates against your point.

Want to end a debate? Do some research and find the ace in the hole, then put the final nail in the coffin. Bang, you win, THEN close the post with a thread pertaining to the previous topic, as stated above.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
DSP21

Postby DSP21 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

aander91 wrote:How about instead of saying "Back on topic", you just make an interesting post about the original topic so that the flow of the thread leads back to that naturally?

Also, and I'm just going to say this, I absolutely hate it when there's an "argument" and then someone retorts and then covers their ass by saying "alright now back to the actual topic". It's a really obnoxious way of getting the final say and then covering your ass from any further debates against your point.

Want to end a debate? Do some research and find the ace in the hole, then put the final nail in the coffin. Bang, you win, THEN close the post with a thread pertaining to the previous topic, as stated above.

Acceptable although the above situation was just an example.
But you talked about in the middle of an argument. Of course its completely retarded to "cover your ass" by saying back to topic if you are participating in the argument...
I was principally talking about people who enters the topic for the first time and read the comments and finally express themselves which leads back to your first point a interesting post to flow to the main topic

I don't know if I understood you well but this forum is about socializing and helping (or hating) each others. :wink:

Steam: DSP21
PSN: D-S-P21
Youtube: Dsp21
Last.fm: NemeSys21
Twitch: Dsp211
Discord: Dsp21#0079

Return to “Forum Talk”