Those ideas are awsome
40%
They suck
60%

Total votes: 5
DSP21

New Forum Sections

Postby DSP21 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:03 pm

I dont know if its hard or not to add or change the forum sections...
But new ones would be cool

Here's my ideas:
Non FoF Tech Support (PC problems, informatic and programming stuff) - A section who could help people with problems and give advices
Theme Posting - (just for posting themes)
Theme Support - (just for theme help) (or maybe just a section for themes only - including help and brand new themes)
Games (Change Music Games for Games) - Simply modify the Music Games section to Games. It would be nice and people didnt need to go to Off-Topic to post about a game which is not related to music

Other:
Remove the High Scores (unverified)?
I dont really know what is that still doing there... ( Can you explain? =D )

So what do you think?

And remember these are just ideas, who knows maybe some day they can be used :laugh:

Steam: DSP21
PSN: D-S-P21
Youtube: Dsp21
Last.fm: NemeSys21
Twitch: Dsp211
Discord: Dsp21#0079
Rapt0r

Re: New Forum Sections

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:24 pm

What wrong with Off-Topic being used for everything off-topic of Frets on Fire?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
DSP21

Postby DSP21 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

As i say they are just ideas...
Theres nothing wrong with Off-Topic section

Its just... organization =)

Steam: DSP21
PSN: D-S-P21
Youtube: Dsp21
Last.fm: NemeSys21
Twitch: Dsp211
Discord: Dsp21#0079
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:30 pm

It's not like any of it is overcrowded.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Theme posting and stuff goes into the FoFiX forum, just as the support does. there is absolutely no need for this.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 pm

I think he's meaning being more organized for newer members. Sorta helping them out. I like the non-fof tech support idea, but again, we have off-topic for that. (And i think most people know someone or are quite capable of dealing with their own problems)
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 pm

I don't see how that is easier for new members. Everything is clearly labeled and marked where it goes. Anyone with half a brain can figure that out.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:31 pm

^^^^^This

That being said I don't think nwru or raph would do this anyway regardless of what anyone says in here.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Oh i agree, im not saying the idea is bad, it has it's flaws (like potientially unorganizing the forums). But a part of it appeals to my tech loving nature, just sayin :/
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Rapt0r wrote:What wrong with Off-Topic being used for everything off-topic of Frets on Fire?

Are you implying that the off-topic forum allows off-topic discussion?

I kid, I kid.

Seriously, though. More organization never hurts. I say go for it, at least for the ones FoF/iX related. General Tech is a bit necessary, I think.
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:43 pm

we could make a sub-category that would fit the bill for housing tutorials? i don't really see anything here that they really fit under... however it's not like we have a ton of tutorials either... ya know?
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
warhol

Postby warhol » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:45 am

I've been voting for a Rants section (which would disable post counts)
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:33 pm

warhol wrote:I've been voting for a Rants section (which would disable post counts)

Unnecessary in my eyes. Would just be a place where people would spam useless sh*t. While off-topic gets this occasionally, it'd be even worse with it's own forum.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

DSP21 wrote:Non FoF Tech Support (PC problems, informatic and programming stuff) - A section who could help people with problems and give advices
Theme Posting - (just for posting themes)
Theme Support - (just for theme help) (or maybe just a section for themes only - including help and brand new themes)
Games (Change Music Games for Games) - Simply modify the Music Games section to Games. It would be nice and people didnt need to go to Off-Topic to post about a game which is not related to music

Other:
Remove the High Scores (unverified)?
I dont really know what is that still doing there... ( Can you explain? =D )

These are some good ideas. Thanks for wanting to make the community a better place. That said, here's what I think from a devil's advocate perspective:

Non FoF Tech Support - I think if people need help with their computer outside of FoF, they'd be better off going somewhere else. There's many sites that professionals routinely participate in (e.g. experts-exchange.com, tek-tips.com, etc.).
Theme Posting - Themes are already fragmented between the FoFiX forum (since most now are made for FoFiX) and the FOF Mod Discussion and Support forum. Would having a Theme Posting too make things worse in this regard? What is the real difference between a theme and a mod (I don't even know anymore)? Could we get away with having a few theme topics, such as death_au's wikipost?
Theme Support - Many of the above points apply to this one too. What else does anyone ever post in response to a theme post/annoucement? They generally say thanks or give feedback or get support with that particular theme with the already-made-and-relevant topic.
Games - Again, there's no shortage of gaming sites out there either. I think there are few enough game-specific topics in Off-Topic to keep there.

High Scores (unverified) is a locked forum that is only visible for historical reasons. Since it's been that way for over a year now, I'm going to hide it entirely.

kamakazikilla wrote:we could make a sub-category that would fit the bill for housing tutorials? i don't really see anything here that they really fit under... however it's not like we have a ton of tutorials either... ya know?

This was one of my original intentions with the Frets on Fire Wiki, to have tutorials and how-tos that everyone could contribute to and tune up, but it's had a lack of activity lately.

warhol wrote:I've been voting for a Rants section (which would disable post counts)

No way :tongue2: Let's keep that where it belongs: on Facebook.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Rapt0r wrote:It's not like any of it is overcrowded.

Rapt0r wrote:I don't see how that is easier for new members. Everything is clearly labeled and marked where it goes. Anyone with half a brain can figure that out.

Got to agree on both
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants

Return to “Forum Talk”