Signature pic

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Arctic Monkey
Dabutz

Signature pic

Postby Dabutz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I have this picture here http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7285/dabutz.jpg that I want to put in my sig but I'm not sure how.

I'd also like to know how to put it next to the text thats already there like everyone elses, instead of it appearing above or below it. Aaaaand is there any way that I can make the background behind the letters transparent so that it won't be white, but match the red of the forum? Or do I just have to change the background color to this forum red color? I'm able to make it transparent in paint shop pro but then I think it saves it as having a white background...

Sorry if there is a tutorial or something on how to do this somewhere, but I would appreciate the help!
estemshorn

Re: Signature pic

Postby estemshorn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 pm

You can put it in your sig by wrapping the [img] tags around the link.
like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7285/dabutz.jpg[/img]

and i'm not exactly sure on how to put it "next to" the text so i can't really help you there :P

and you need to save it as a .png or .gif file, not a .jpg file. .jpg files don't have transparency.

hope i helped!
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:41 pm

To put the text next to the image, you need to put them in a table. I think it'd go something like

Code: Select all

[table][tr][td]Image goes on the left[/td][td]Text goes on the right[/td][/tr][/table]

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Arctic Monkey
Dabutz

Postby Dabutz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the help! It looked too weird with the background transparent since the letters sort of blend into the colors that are there so I just kept it simple. Too bad that the way they wrote "Dabutz" on the cd I got it from was all chopped up so I had to move the letters around.....but thats my problem.

Funny that you responded to this thread SUSAltd because seeing your sig made me think that I should finally try to make one!

Thanks again :2thumbsup: :thumbup:

Return to “Forum Talk”