Karma mod

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Re: Karma mod

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Any possible way you can get ambitious and edit the mod yourself for karma switching?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
I have special eyes
Belisario93

Postby Belisario93 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Any possible way you can get ambitious and edit the mod yourself for karma switching?

Personally, I like not having the option to switch. It makes you think more about your karma decision before making it. However, if the ability to switch is added, there should be a limit as to how often one can switch it. I'd say about a month would be the best limit. It would still allow you to change, but each decision should have thought put into it.
dangit nobby
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:24 pm

But it's not like it really affects you at all, Why waiting?
People don't change at constant rates or something, If you want to switch, you should be able to do it.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 am

Belisario93 wrote:
Rapt0r wrote:Any possible way you can get ambitious and edit the mod yourself for karma switching?

Personally, I like not having the option to switch. It makes you think more about your karma decision before making it. However, if the ability to switch is added, there should be a limit as to how often one can switch it. I'd say about a month would be the best limit. It would still allow you to change, but each decision should have thought put into it.

This is true. Like there are still some people who I haven't Karma'd yet and have had many chances to Karma. Like (censored), for instance.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:32 am

aander91 wrote:
Belisario93 wrote:

This is true. Like there are still some people who I haven't Karma'd yet and have had many chances to Karma. Like (censored), for instance.

But not everyone makes rational decisions, but I'm not going to open that can of worms again.

I can't believe this is going on still, though. Didn't we get this out of our system back before page 10?

There's not much that can be added to the whole discussion as far as I can tell. We've seen arguments both for and against the system.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 am

Two changes to the Karma mod settings:

1) Permabans will be automatically issued when a user reaches -50 karma. Don't worry, I won't let bans stick if there are fake accounts or any other improper karma votes involved.

2) Those with less than -10 karma cannot give out karma themselves anymore.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 am

woohoo, maybe this will stop the sour people from down karma'ing everyone else
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:29 am

What happened to
Disclaimer: This mod is only for fun.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:26 pm

PERMAbans?
COUNTERPOINT

A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:33 pm

I see no problem with that. Getting your karma to -50 takes some trying and if you somehow manage to get it that low you should probably take that as a hint anyway.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:35 pm

I guess that's true, still that's a lot of power for...well everyone. A month long ban or something feels more reasonable but whatever. And what raptor said. This is no longer just for fun.
COUNTERPOINT

estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:30 pm

nwru wrote:1) Permabans will be automatically issued when a user reaches -50 karma. Don't worry, I won't let bans stick if there are fake accounts or any other improper karma votes involved..

well f*ck.

*stops acting like such a deck*
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:51 pm

SEriously though. You can't go from "This is only fun" to "we're taking this seriously now". Not everyone has taken karma seriously at all (myself included) so now, because of that, there are people that are actually getting close to permaban status. This seems highly unfair. The only way I can see this as actually being fair is a global karma reset.

Also, since this is to be taken seriously now, give us the ability to change our minds on people.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Rapt0r wrote:SEriously though. You can't go from "This is only fun" to "we're taking this seriously now". Not everyone has taken karma seriously at all (myself included) so now, because of that, there are people that are actually getting close to permaban status. This seems highly unfair. The only way I can see this as actually being fair is a global karma reset.

Also, since this is to be taken seriously now, give us the ability to change our minds on people.

Dude, I totally agree. I just didn't want to point it out that it's unfair because people would be all like "lol yeah you think it's unfair because you're like 10 points away from permaban"

and yes, I know it's crazy, but i'm actually f*cking agreeing with Rapt0r on something for once.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 pm

It would really be nice to have the option to change our vote now. If we had the power to take karma back(and really forth again), then I don't think the reset would matter though, but that's just me *shrugs*.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Return to “Forum Talk”