Karma mod

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Karma mod

Postby nwru » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Enjoy the new Karma mod, aka reputation system. Basically, it lets you give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down towards a particular USER (not a particular post). Currently, you only get one chance to rate a user, so no changing your mind!

You can see the user's karma rating next to their post or on their profile. There's even a Top 20 highest-karma list on the main page!

The mod is currently only activated for the 'familiar' style (edit: dark fire too). Others coming soon. If there are any bugs, feel free to point them out. I get the feeling that this mod has a few.

Disclaimer: This mod is only for fun. Don't take it personally and don't abuse it. If I find anyone gaming the system, warnings/bannings will be in order, or the mod will be disabled entirely.

:cool:
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Re: Karma mod

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 pm

You just made me switch themes...
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Why not wait for the other themes to get the same mod?
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

I thought I saw something at the bottom of Rainbow Pearl referencing this earlier today. Was going to PM raph about it, but wasn't too concerned. I figured all would be known soon enough.

Cool idea. I've always enjoyed reputation systems on Help forums (especially vB forums). Let's just hope that our community can use it properly.

Oh wait. Ha ha.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Jama7301 wrote:Why not wait for the other themes to get the same mod?

I wanted to see it.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:49 pm

I don't see the thumbs up or thumbs down pictures

I'm using the familiar theme too..
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Thank you for this.

This karma mod is really awesome!

Now let me see those thumbs up people!

Eh eh :laugh:
Last edited by Typhus on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 pm

OH! So THAT'S what karma is for... I've never actually known what it was on forums, I thought it was some random crap people add. Now that I know what it is, it's pretty cool. A way to tell the good guys from the bad.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:20 pm

In b4 I have -2000 already.

[edit]wat, I have 1 lol.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:OH! So THAT'S what karma is for... I've never actually known what it was on forums, I thought it was some random crap people add. Now that I know what it is, it's pretty cool. A way to tell the good guys from the bad.

In theory you mean. There are always ways for people to abuse these systems for "the lols" as you internet people say.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Jama7301 wrote:
OzzyOzrock wrote:OH! So THAT'S what karma is for... I've never actually known what it was on forums, I thought it was some random crap people add. Now that I know what it is, it's pretty cool. A way to tell the good guys from the bad.

In theory you mean. There are always ways for people to abuse these systems for "the lols" as you internet people say.

as with my -5 karma :P

I know one of them was metallicaholic666
Image Image
Image Image

I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 pm

estemshorn wrote:
Jama7301 wrote:

as with my -5 karma :P

I know one of them was metallicaholic666

Oh yes, I'm sure that's all ENTIRELY a joke... It has nothing at all to do with your previous foolish behavior...

:laugh: :rolleyes:
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:19 pm

yeah lolz...

oh, and it's -7 now
Image Image
Image Image

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:44 pm

-8 now. You're welcome.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:03 am

nwru wrote:There's even a Top 20 highest-karma list on the main page!

I can only see the top 3, did you change your mind on how many are shown?

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Return to “Forum Talk”