I have an idea

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 15 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I play on exspurt
Gitert994

I have an idea

Postby Gitert994 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:30 pm

Ok I couldn't think of a title so here's my idea.

Instead of signatures filled with songs *cough* puppetz *cough* we should have a section in your profile that you can put your fretted songs in. Now if your like puppetz and you have over a million then well I can't back that up. Well anyways. If people like your songs and frettings they can be subscribed to you. Like youtube, and everytime they upload a new song to their profile if your subscribed to them you could receive a P.M. with their newly updated songs!

That's my idea. Of course puppetz will be the most subscribed but I thought it wasn't to bad of an idea.
Edogawa Conan
Shawnyall

Re: I have an idea

Postby Shawnyall » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:53 pm

That is a good idea :D
FoFiX v3.100 Final
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 am

I think that's a pretty good idea, but as I've only made a medium number of songs, so I still have to use my signature line to get them noticed :p

A similar idea would be to have a thread subscription feature where a user can subscribe to a thread and only be notified when the original poster makes a new post (as opposed to other members posting, ie. leaving feedback). This would allow people to use a thread to list their charts in to accomplish the same thing with less code work.
Retired Fretter
tyros

Postby tyros » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am

Good idea, I like it.
But we have to do something about song rating idea too. Lots of ideas, but not a whole lot of actions :sad:
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:37 pm

raynebc wrote:A similar idea would be to have a thread subscription feature where a user can subscribe to a thread and only be notified when the original poster makes a new post (as opposed to other members posting, ie. leaving feedback). This would allow people to use a thread to list their charts in to accomplish the same thing with less code work.

Shouldn't be too hard. I'm thinking: have a new forum called something like "song announcements." Users can create one, and only one topic in there, which others can subscribe to. Updates could be done by posting replies.
tyros wrote:Good idea, I like it.
But we have to do something about song rating idea too. Lots of ideas, but not a whole lot of actions :sad:

Ideas are still being thrown around in that thread, though they seem to have slowed down recently.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
T3H H0LY PWNZ0R
GeneralGilliam24

Postby GeneralGilliam24 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm

nwru wrote:Ideas are still being thrown around in that thread, though they seem to have slowed down recently.

Funny, as soon as i post my solution they slow down, what could people be trying to say :biggrin:
Last edited by GeneralGilliam24 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User banned for Credit Stealing.
I play on exspurt
Gitert994

Postby Gitert994 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Now signatures like Generals aren't that bad because it's just one link to it. I still like my regular idea though.

Return to “Forum Talk”