Scores In Profile

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Azzco

Scores In Profile

Postby Azzco » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:11 pm

I just got the idea when toating bread. why not integrate the score charts with the site, Divra's world charts are of course first choice and this idea is a bit hard to make real untill the playr pages are working again.

Well just a little idea and would need some cooperation from Divra but methinks it should be highly doable.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
blackfriday

Re: Scores In Profile

Postby blackfriday » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:09 am

This is a good idea, I like it. When will the player pages be working as well?
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:42 am

I think Divra's working on it right now, although he's also doing some other stuff it seems. :)
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:00 am

The forums once hosted it's own charts and it was not very popular. There was a score ticker showing last played/scores and such and some people complained about it. Also, charts website for a large number of players are excessively demanding for the servers even with few features. Add more way to access the database and you add cpu time to the server, we all saw that Divra's website gets locked for these reasons from time to time, we should be careful when playing with charts. Even the world charts had to make some compromise (like score deletion after some time period) to keep running.

I don't say it's a bad idea though, just that it's a "touchy" subject

Return to “Forum Talk”