Jump to buttons.

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Jump to buttons.

Postby omfgdrphl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Code: Select all

[jumpto=topofpage]Top of page[/jumpto]

Something like that. When you click it that would take you to the top of the page. Think of how wikipedia uses the table of contents. Good idea? Like you could make a button to go to the downloads part of the page.
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Re: Jump to buttons.

Postby BlackFate » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:39 pm

If you look at the arrows under your avatar (above my name), they take you to the bottom and top of pages,

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Yeah, but you can make them take you to other portions of the page. Like wikipedia. So if you wanted you could make a link to jump to the part of the post with the download for a song or something. Get what I mean?
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Urmm, do you mean something like this? -

Or do you mean jump to a certain part of a post?

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:16 pm

To a certain part of a post.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:45 pm

With phpBB's custom BBCode, this should be possible. Along with Img, URL, etc., there could be an Anchor option. Sure.

Only problem that I can see, off the top of my head, is if you specify an anchor on a certain page (e.g. with "&start=30" in the URL), and that post gets moved to another page, the link to it would break.... I think.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:39 pm

I've been wishing for anchors for some time, I wonder if this could be this simple
jump to Anchor1
jump to Anchor2
Jump to code example
(don't mind the filling text, it's just to make jumping to's more explicit)
In physics, especially quantum mechanics, the Schrödinger equation is an equation that describes how the quantum state of a physical system changes in time. It is as central to quantum mechanics as Newton's laws are to classical mechanics.

In the standard interpretation of quantum mechanics, the quantum state, also called a wavefunction or state vector, is the most complete description that can be given to a physical system. Solutions to Schrödinger's equation describe atomic and subatomic systems, electrons and atoms, but also macroscopic systems, possibly even the whole universe. The equation is named after Erwin Schrödinger, who discovered it in 1926.

Schrödinger's equation can be mathematically transformed into Heisenberg's matrix mechanics, and into the Feynman's path integral formulation. The Schrödinger equation describes time in a way that is inconvenient for relativistic theories, a problem which is not as severe as the one in Heisenberg's formulation and completely absent in the path integral.

Anchor 1

Einstein interpreted Planck's quanta as photons, particles of light, and proposed that the energy of a photon is proportional to its frequency, a mysterious wave-particle duality. Since energy and momentum are related in the same way as frequency and wavenumber in relativity, it followed that the momentum of a photon is proportional to its wavenumber.

DeBroglie hypothesized that this is true for all particles, for electrons as well as photons, that the energy and momentum of an electron are the frequency and wavenumber of a wave. Assuming that the waves travel roughly along classical paths, he showed that they form standing waves only for certain discrete frequencies, discrete energy levels which reproduced the old quantum condition.

Following up on these ideas, Schrödinger decided to find a proper wave equation for the electron. He was guided by Hamilton's analogy between mechanics and optics, encoded in the observation that the zero-wavelength limit of optics resembles a mechanical system--- the trajectories of light rays become sharp tracks which obey a principle of least action. Hamilton believed that mechanics was the zero-wavelength limit of wave propagation, but did not formulate an equation for those waves. This is what Schrödinger did.

Anchor 2
If it jumped to here, seems like it's that simple.

Using this equation, Schrödinger computed the spectral lines for hydrogen by treating a hydrogen atom's single negatively charged electron as a wave, \Psi(x,\,t)\;, moving in a potential well, V, created by the positively charged proton. This computation reproduced the energy levels of the Bohr model.

But this was not enough, since Sommerfeld had already seemingly correctly reproduced relativistic corrections. Schrödinger used the relativistic energy momentum relation to find what is now known as the Klein-Gordon equation in a Coulomb potential
He found the standing-waves of this relativistic equation, but the relativistic corrections disagreed with Sommerfeld's formula. Discouraged, he put away his calculations and secluded himself in an isolated mountain cabin with a lover.

While there, Schrödinger decided that the earlier nonrelativistic calculations were novel enough to publish, and decided to leave off the problem of relativistic corrections for the future. He put together his wave equation and the spectral analysis of hydrogen in a paper in 1926. The paper was enthusiastically endorsed by Einstein, who saw the matter-waves as the visualizable antidote to what he considered to be the overly formal matrix mechanics.

The Schrödinger equation tells you the behaviour of ψ, but does not say what ψ is. Schrödinger tried unsuccessfully, in his fourth paper, to interpret it as a charge density. In 1926 Max Born, just a few days after Schrödinger's fourth and final paper was published, successfully interpreted ψ as a probability amplitude[4]. Schrödinger, though, always opposed a statistical or probabilistic approach, with its associated discontinuities; like Einstein, who believed that quantum mechanics was a statistical approximation to an underlying deterministic theory, Schrödinger was never reconciled to the Copenhagen interpretation

Here's the code of this post:

I wonder if this could be this simple
jump to [jumpto=anchor1]Anchor1[/jumpto]
jump to [jumpto=anchor2]Anchor2[/jumpto]
[jumpto=codexample]Jump to code example[/jumpto]
[...]
[anchor]anchor1[/anchor]Anchor 1
[...]
[anchor]anchor2[/anchor]Anchor 2
If it jumped to here, seems like it's that simple.
[anchor]codexample[/anchor]Here's the code of this post:

So to summarize, you put anchors with the [ anchor ]AnchorName[ /anchor ] tag and you jump to them with the [ JumpTo=AnchorName ]link text[ /JumpTo] tag, now what happens if many people use the same anchor name on the same page? I don't know! I don't think it would matter much, the links created seem to be using the post id number. Also I don't want to clutter the posting page with bbcodes buttons but if it works good and is useful enough we can add these buttons
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:47 am

let's try this out then...
Jump to code example
(copied a lot of raph's filler)
In physics, especially quantum mechanics, the Schrödinger equation is an equation that describes how the quantum state of a physical system changes in time. It is as central to quantum mechanics as Newton's laws are to classical mechanics.

In the standard interpretation of quantum mechanics, the quantum state, also called a wavefunction or state vector, is the most complete description that can be given to a physical system. Solutions to Schrödinger's equation describe atomic and subatomic systems, electrons and atoms, but also macroscopic systems, possibly even the whole universe. The equation is named after Erwin Schrödinger, who discovered it in 1926.

Schrödinger's equation can be mathematically transformed into Heisenberg's matrix mechanics, and into the Feynman's path integral formulation. The Schrödinger equation describes time in a way that is inconvenient for relativistic theories, a problem which is not as severe as the one in Heisenberg's formulation and completely absent in the path integral.

Here's the code of this post:

let's try this out then...
[jumpto=codexample]Jump to code example[/jumpto]
(copied a lot of raph's filler)
[...]
[anchor]codexample[/anchor]Here's the code of this post:

I can delete this post if you want...

EDIT: It jumps correctly in the preview for the post, but in the thread it jumps to raph's anchor and not mine. Hope this clears up some things at least.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Danke raph

Return to “Forum Talk”