About this forum

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
Divra

Re: About this forum

Postby Divra » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:39 pm

nwru wrote:
raynebc wrote:I went to edit the first post of one of my threads, and it blanked the subject line. I didn't even notice until it told me that I must specify a subject. I like that we can change them now (to fix typos, etc), but it would be a little bit of a time saver if the original subject line is kept by default when editing the post.

Noted. It would be nice to have a piece of javascript that, when a little button was pressed, it would copy the subject over and automatically populate that box with.

I'm really rusty with these things. Anyone want to take a stab at it? Even pointing me in the right direction would help.

To set the title

Code: Select all

javascript:alert(document.getElementsByName('subject')[0].value='asd');

seems to work (made it an alert because otherwise it would leave the page for some reason... Now someone else can do the hard part (getting the old title) :)
Charts (Down as of November 25th)
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:25 pm

raynebc wrote:I went to create my first new thread since the forum conversion and I saw that the description field is omitted. I always thought it was a nice place to describe the included difficulties, instruments, etc. without junking up the main subject line. Is that field going to come back, or is it scrapped forever?

It's scrapped forever. One of the few things that Ikonboard has that phpBB doesn't. I have mixed feelings about that.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
bowstar

Postby bowstar » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Yesterday the new forums looked like it would take a while to get used to. Well I can say it didn't take long at all. Keeps getting better with all the little tweaks. Very easy to navigate now once you know where everything is!
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this game and makes it what it is! Much love for doing what you do!!!
XxXxXxXxXx My Kick A$$ Animated Backgrounds xXxXxXxXxX
Zombie Mod for 1.2.451
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Couple glitches:

The "Mark forums read" link on the new posts result page is a link to review new posts
The "Mark forums read" link on the normal search results page is a link to the advanced search page
I occasionally get a "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." message when trying to post

Otherwise, I do like that the "View new posts" and "Mark forums read" links are on all pages, I can't wait for them to work again.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:54 pm

raynebc wrote:The "Mark forums read" link on the new posts result page is a link to review new posts
The "Mark forums read" link on the normal search results page is a link to the advanced search page

How odd. They're the same 4 links in the forum's header. I'll have to dig into that.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Retired Fretter
tyros

Postby tyros » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Just noticed a new logo on the Pearl Red theme, it's awesome :biggrin:
Gerinych

Postby Gerinych » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:11 pm

raynebc wrote:It also seems that the forum doesn't display if, when or by whom a post is edited. Not sure if that's something that wanted to be kept.

Yeah it does.
EDIT: See?
EDIT2: Ah crap, it doesn't :). We need to fix that. I could've sworn this forum showed that a post was edited and how many times.
EDIT3: edit?
Last edited by Gerinych on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:02 am

The editing is somewhat complicated, compared to Ikonboard.

If your post is the most recent one, you can edit all you want without that message showing. The only way the edit message will show up is if you edit your post and it ISN'T the most recent one. I believe that phpBB has always behaved this way.

raynebc wrote:The "Mark forums read" link on the new posts result page is a link to review new posts
I occasionally get a "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." message when trying to post

I believe I have the "Mark forums read" link straightened out. At least, it's working ok for me now.

On "The submitted form was invalid..." thing. I haven't seen that once myself. If you're able to replicate it on demand, that'll help a lot.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:52 am

nwru wrote:I believe I have the "Mark forums read" link straightened out. At least, it's working ok for me now.

The links say

index.php?mark=forums

as one would expect, but I still can't get it to actually mark the forums as being read, so it has no effect for me. The same new post results appear even after I try to mark everything as read.
Gerinych

Postby Gerinych » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:36 am

Ok, got another one...
The button I circled in red redirects to the last post in the topic if you click it an the front page. Can you make it so that it redirects to the last unread post like before or like this button:
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:26 pm

Gerinych wrote:Ok, got another one...
The button I circled in red redirects to the last post in the topic if you click it an the front page. Can you make it so that it redirects to the last unread post like before or like this button:

I see what you're saying, but that's the "Last post" column. It's like that on purpose.

Maybe using the "View new posts" or "View active topics" screens would give you the options you want while keeping updated.

Return to “Forum Talk”