Rewriting and updating the official scoreboard

For discussion of high scores and high score charts
This topic is 6 months and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Linkid

Rewriting and updating the official scoreboard

Postby Linkid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:39 am

Hi all!

The official scoreboard (called « worldcharts » on the website) is a bit outdated. And I know that there are some other scoreboards, but they all seem to be outdated too.
So, I decided to rewrite the official scoreboard, based on the outdated one and inspired by the others.

The first roadmap is:
  • having the same functions of the official one
  • writing a possible migration from the old one to the new one
  • integrating a challenge mode

It is not usable, yet, but I'm working on it.

Sources: https://github.com/Linkid/fretsboard
Official scoreboard: http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/charts/
Last edited by Linkid on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxi_danne

Re: Rewriting and updating the official scoreboard

Postby maxi_danne » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 am

Hi all!
The official scoreboard (called « worldcharts » on the website) is a bit outdated. And I know that there are some other scoreboards, but they all seem to be outdated too.
So, I decided to rewrite the official scoreboard, freespins based on the outdated one and inspired by the others.
The first roadmap is:
having the same functions of the official one
writing a possible migration from the old one to the new one
integrating a challenge mode
It is not usable, yet, but I'm working on it.

Great initiative thank you very much!
Last edited by maxi_danne on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"By gambling we lose both our time and treasure the
two things most precious to the life of man. "
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:19 am

Hi!

The scoreboard is in progress and the first version will be released soon. Almost all original features are implemented.
I've contacted the maintainer of the official scoreboard and when my scoreboard will be ready, it may replace the current one (but I hope it would be transparent for users) :).
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Mon May 14, 2018 4:18 am

Hi!

I finally released the first version of the scoreboard [0] and deployed it in a tiny instance [1].
This is more like a pre-released, so it may seem ugly… but some changes will come soon ;). And the deployed website is not totally stable, so scores could be removed anytime. I will warn you when it will be more stable :).
If you want to contribute, you're welcome (it's opensource), even if it's just opening issues or suggesting some ideas for the future.
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi!

Here is the new release (v1.1) I just made : https://github.com/Linkid/fretsboard/releases/tag/v1.1 :). It is available here too : https://fretsboard.herokuapp.com.
The scoreboard is available in English and French. You're welcome to help to translate it in your language :).

In this version, I tried to reduce the size of medals, and to add some links in the footer.
In the next release (v1.2), I will try to render tables in a better way. It's not a big thing, but it will be enough for a release.

Bye.
Last edited by Linkid on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:19 am

Hi!

I've released 1.2 and 1.3 versions in 2018 and 2019. Some dependencies and translations updates, more or less. The next version will be for this year, for sure ;).
The scoreboard is still available in English and French. You're welcome to help to translate it in your language :). I'll set up a more simple environment for people who doesn't use GitHub ;).

Bye.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:32 am

Looks neat!! Is it really for FoF only, though? I think most people have stopped playing it, preferring other games like Clone Hero or Phase Shift. Have you considered using your project for one of those games?
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
TheAftermathYT

Postby TheAftermathYT » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:03 am

Nice work Maupy and Linkid!

PS : We should do something like this with a refreshning of what song is still alive on FoF by sorting everything and all.... Would be interresting but still... I don't see the point if it would matter or not. Like a new recent Wikidot thing lol
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Sat May 01, 2021 9:45 am

Maupy2 wrote:Looks neat!! Is it really for FoF only, though? I think most people have stopped playing it, preferring other games like Clone Hero or Phase Shift. Have you considered using your project for one of those games?

Hello Maupy2,

Sorry to answer only now…
For the moment, the idea is to have a replacement for the current (broken) scoreboard. As for support for other games, this is a good idea and I will open an issue about that :). But their scoring system would have to be documented and accessible, to be implemented here.

By the way, I released a new version of the scoreboard: v1.5 :). It is available here too : https://fretsboard.herokuapp.com.
The scoreboard is available in English and French. You're welcome to help to translate it in your language :).

Bye.
Isabella256

Postby Isabella256 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:13 pm

Hi guys,
Updating the official scoreboard with the latest scores and stats to keep fans informed and engaged. Stay tuned for real-time updates as the action unfolds. :2thumbsup:
Last edited by Isabella256 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “High Score Discussion”