What do you want from the world charts?

For discussion of high scores and high score charts
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Divra

What do you want from the world charts?

Postby Divra » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:04 am

Hello, you might have noticed that the charts have been down a while. Two people have offered to host it, but I want to rework some things before it gets back up.
To avoid wasting time on things that won't be used anyway, I would like to know what you use on the charts. If it turns out there is a feature nobody uses, I can leave that and get more time to work on the thing you do use.
So, what do you want to see on the charts? No new features right now, just opinions on the old ones.
Thank you
Charts (Down as of November 25th)
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: What to you want from the world charts?

Postby acrox999 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:02 am

Remove the awards system. The signature, and all that unwanted things. Just player, song list and player and song pages.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Re: What do you want from the world charts?

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Yeah, the awards just try to make you feel better about yourself.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
Uh huhuhuhuhuhuh!
crushedsoul1298

Postby crushedsoul1298 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:42 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:Yeah, the awards just try to make you feel better about yourself.

at least it works, it always made me feel good
Bite me.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:04 pm

The songs that I played is not in the awards list LOL. :laugh:
techiefIve

Postby techiefIve » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 am

I like the awards just fine. It gives you a genuine goal to get all of them. What I would like to see is a direct comparison between two players. That way you can see your scores right alongside another player's to see how you stack up song to song.
I'm the administrator of http://www.fofchart.com so if you plan on hacking it, please let me know in advance so I can make a backup.

I also run http://www.techiefive.com but so far, it's just a stupid graphic on an ugly bgcolor. Feel free to hack this one.

aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Hey Divra. First off, I wanted to say thank you for making these charts and I am only suggesting modifications, not trying to insult the layout or anything. I use your charts for Starpower Drums only.

The awards are nice to see, like 500 songs played, 100 FCs etc. I wish there were more in this category so people could see more of how good the player is. The awards seem kind of lacking to have any real weight to them, though they'd be cool to have if they were more in-depth.

The songs played icons for Guitar Hero and Rock Band and such...I never use them. There isn't enough there either, and theres no real reason to have them. And sometimes they don't work either (for having different rips of the same song and such). I would use them if there were icons for every song for all the games, but it seems, again, lacking when it doesn't include all songs.
What I think would be a really cool idea for this page would be to add icons of resized album.png's (if they are supplied with the song) of every song the player FC's. (I think for every song played would be way too much). This way, no separate icons have to be made, and you could see what songs the player FC'd in expert instead of what songs they have merely played in expert. I don't know if it would be possible to upload the icon of the album.png though.

The Songs Played page has got the right information, but I think it needs some definite polishing. I think all the icons and text should be a little bit smaller, and should be displayed in a grid that has a definite size. With columns of Amazing, Medium, Easy, Supaeasy, Points, Song Name, and viewers should be able to organize the grid from each category from highest to lowest. This way, by just clicking, the viewer can see what song has given the player the most points, what songs the player has gold stars in etc etc.

At a song's stat screen, I think streak should be displayed as well, but I'm sure you've heard that before.
And the Most Played Song should be removed or fixed, its always bothered me because it doesn't display the song I've actually played the most.

Thanks again for the charts, I really hope to see them up soon!
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

billhur

Postby billhur » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Im very excited that someone is taking the bull by the horns and getting the new world starpower charts back up, as far as changes I would be happy with them being as they were I found them to be fun and effective.

Im looking forward to seeing them go up. also i would like to know how to change the report address built into FOFIX so it will work as it has in the past, im sure that will be explained once the charts are active.

Big thanks Divra!
techiefIve

Postby techiefIve » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:25 pm

I've gotta say I agree with italianstal1ion about the FCs. It would be pretty cool if we could see which songs each player has FCed. I know that the picture idea wouldn't really work so great though. Basically Divra would have to upload the pictures himself and then go through and associate them with the score chart for that song manually. In order for the game to upload the picture the game designers would have to incorporate that into the game, but I doubt they'd put that high up on the list since they're still trying to hammer out bugs on what they have already. It would probably work fine as a list though without graphics and even that would be pretty cool.
I'm the administrator of http://www.fofchart.com so if you plan on hacking it, please let me know in advance so I can make a backup.

I also run http://www.techiefive.com but so far, it's just a stupid graphic on an ugly bgcolor. Feel free to hack this one.

KJR79

Postby KJR79 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Any update on the charts? I miss them. Thanks for working on bringing them back.
techiefIve

Postby techiefIve » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm

There's nothing new at the moment, but Divra is working on the code during the downtime so that they're even better when they come back up. Check here https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43491 for more info.

tjmidnight420

Postby tjmidnight420 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:57 pm

people are wanting an achievements system for frets, and the awards system is it... just rework it to include game/pack specific awards, and then throw some awesome FOF awards on top like 5000 songs, Gold starred 1000, things that you can't do in any one game or pack.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 pm

This alive?
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 pm

This alive?
ImageImage

R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:30 pm

cool double post, bro
but on topic, a new world charts wil lbe cool

with some wicked achievements

Return to “High Score Discussion”