World Star Power Chart is DOWN

For discussion of high scores and high score charts
This topic is 14 years and 4 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Re: World Star Power Chart is DOWN

Postby Lysdestic » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:01 pm

...the URL is easily changed in the fofix.ini file. Where all settings are easily changed.

Home folder on Linux/Mac (hidden .fofix/), somewhere in %appdata% for Windows, the last time I checked.

Surely, someone hosting charts should be armed with this kind of knowledge.
techiefIve

Postby techiefIve » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Quite right Lysdestic. The last time I had to adjust the upload URL I was by editing the ini in the root fofix folder (C:\fofix for me). Nowhere in the documentation for fofix, or FoF for that matter does it say they've moved the ini.

Lysdestic wrote:Surely, someone hosting charts should be armed with this kind of knowledge.

Now I have bullets!

For Windows, you'll find your ini in
C:\Documents and Settings\{your username here}\Application Data\fofix

For Linux/Mac I believe that Lysdesitc has it right
Lysdestic wrote:Home folder on Linux/Mac (hidden .fofix/)

If anyone knows different from experience, let me know. I don't have Linux or Mac at my disposal.
I'm the administrator of http://www.fofchart.com so if you plan on hacking it, please let me know in advance so I can make a backup.

I also run http://www.techiefive.com but so far, it's just a stupid graphic on an ugly bgcolor. Feel free to hack this one.

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 pm

...you're kidding, right?

Just about every sticky in the FoFiX sub-forum mentions the ini, and I'm quite certain it is covered on the wiki on the Google Code page.

I do have Linux at my disposal, and considering my certainty in saying so, I can say that the fofix.ini file is indeed located in ~/.fofix/fofix.ini

SUPER-DUPER-NETWORK-ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!1111 wrote:For Windows, you'll find your ini in
C:\Documents and Settings\{your username here}\Application Data\fofix

Or, you know, you could just type %appdata$\fofix\ into the run dialog.

Crazy, I know.
techiefIve

Postby techiefIve » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:32 am

Quit being a prick man. I'm not trying to start a flame war here OK? I'm just trying to give back to the community so that we can all enjoy the charts. There's no reason for you to try and be all superior about it and $#!+. If you want to help troubleshoot the charts, be my guest. You obviously know so much more about FoFiX than I do, and I'm sure you're a better php coder than Divra right?
I'm the administrator of http://www.fofchart.com so if you plan on hacking it, please let me know in advance so I can make a backup.

I also run http://www.techiefive.com but so far, it's just a stupid graphic on an ugly bgcolor. Feel free to hack this one.

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:36 am

If you had been around enough to establish yourself more in the community, you'd know to expect tone like this from me. If it offends you, skip over the bass clef avatar.

And yes, considering that you can't even find the file central to all the games settings, there is indeed a point in me "being all superior about it and ****."

Also, I would help you troubleshoot them, but god-dammit, I can't find my .ini file.

Return to “High Score Discussion”