Frets on Fire 1.3.110

News in the world of Frets On Fire
This topic is 2 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
rick950

Re: Frets on Fire 1.3.110

Postby rick950 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm

hi dudes i think frets on fire 1.3.110 is the one i downloaded my class teacher showed me game so i tryed it but it lags alot so i must of downloaded latest can anbody recomand another 1 for me ty
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:49 pm

rick950 wrote:hi dudes i think frets on fire 1.3.110 is the one i downloaded my class teacher showed me game so i tryed it but it lags alot so i must of downloaded latest can anbody recomand another 1 for me ty

will theres one or two its called 1.2.514 or you can play the stand alone version called fofix

heres a list http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/latest-fof
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:26 am

Duh, frets on fire is already standalone. -_-' FoFiX is a stand alone mod for FoF.
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:17 pm

acrox999 wrote:Duh, frets on fire is already standalone. -_-' FoFiX is a stand alone mod for FoF.

um frets on fire is the base standalone is a mod that parted from it base like herling mod would be the mod but its also compiled into a stand alone version or a moded version DUH DEE D DEE DEE
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:56 pm

gen_codehazzard wrote:
acrox999 wrote:Duh, frets on fire is already standalone. -_-' FoFiX is a stand alone mod for FoF.

um frets on fire is the base standalone is a mod that parted from it base like herling mod would be the mod but its also compiled into a stand alone version or a moded version DUH DEE D DEE DEE

IT'S CALLED HERING MOD. NO NOT HERLING NOT HERRING NOT HEARING IT'S HERING

And anyway: Do you notice that almost half of the mods is stuff stolen from other games. That's why the mods are very different to the stock game
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:40 pm

MarvinPA wrote:
gen_codehazzard wrote:

IT'S CALLED HERING MOD. NO NOT HERLING NOT HERRING NOT HEARING IT'S HERING

And anyway: Do you notice that almost half of the mods is stuff stolen from other games. That's why the mods are very different to the stock game

sorry i dont play the hering mod that much man cool down and thats my point fof standerd with out the mods/stand alone mods the game is merly nuttin but a single guitar with no star power and clam down man shesh sorry
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 pm

gen_codehazzard wrote:[fof standerd with out the mods/stand alone mods the game is merly nuttin but a single guitar with no star power

And that's all it needs to be really. I don't want an exact clone, I want a different experience from this game than what I get from the high-market ones.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Those mods do more than just make it look like GH. You don't want it to look like GH, then don't use those skins. FoFix makes they game a lot more playable by adding more instruments and a better HOPO system as well as other stability fixes.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
emperorsenshi

Postby emperorsenshi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 am

My review-log thing:

I installed the game, took all of a minute
Tried to load the game, but it kept crashing when I tried to run a song on amazing! I turned off Light-Graphics and it fixed the problem, although after changing it the game closed and I had to reload it
Played all 3 songs on keyboard, amazing level. No dropped notes using keyboard
Played Defy on guitar. Secondary pick didn't really work very well, but that's an old problem that has been talked about to death and fixed in FoFiX/or by using XPadder
Tried to upload a song the old fashioned way (ya know, by choosing track and giving it a name and charting it using song editor)
Game crashed trying to exit with the number '1' popping up. Bah, no one uses song editor anyway.
Promptly uninstalled the game and went back to FoFiX
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:47 pm

trinidude4 wrote:I finally got around to trying this version on my Mac and I must say it is pretty good. Maybe it's even better than 1.2.451. I read that the version on the official site is compatible with Intel Macs, so I recompiled it to be Universal. The link is in my signature.

I tried it, and after i choose the difficulty, it just stays in the brown window. Nothing happens, what's the problem?
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:15 pm

RedShadow wrote:I tried it, and after i choose the difficulty, it just stays in the brown window. Nothing happens, what's the problem?

I'm not too sure. I just check through all the files and they look like they all support ppc and i386. I'm going to need some information from your console when you run the game and it hangs. I'll try and see if there's something obviously wrong with the file.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Code: Select all

Last login: Sat Mar 28 18:03:40 on ttyp1
/Users/powermac/Desktop/SecretFilesX/Games/Frets\ on\ Fire.app/Contents/MacOS/Frets\ on\ Fire; exit
Welcome to Darwin!
You have new mail.
powermacg4:~ powermac$ /Users/powermac/Desktop/SecretFilesX/Games/Frets\ on\ Fire.app/Contents/MacOS/Frets\ on\ Fire; exit
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Session.pyc", line 66, in signalMessage
  File "Session.pyc", line 87, in handleMessage
  File "World.pyc", line 245, in handleSceneCreated
  File "SceneFactory.pyc", line 42, in create
  File "Scene.pyc", line 96, in __init__
  File "GuitarScene.pyc", line 75, in createClient
  File "Stage.pyc", line 252, in __init__
  File "GameEngine.pyc", line 315, in loadSvgDrawing
  File "Data.pyc", line 106, in loadSvgDrawing
  File "Resource.pyc", line 157, in load
  File "Resource.pyc", line 68, in load
  File "Data.pyc", line 106, in <lambda>
  File "Svg.pyc", line 559, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data/flame1.svg'

OK, i think now i know whats wrong, It needs a flame.svg... doesn't it?
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:12 pm

That's strange. I guess it needs flame1.svg. My game runs fine without that file though.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Could you pass the flames?
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:28 pm

RedShadow wrote:Could you pass the flames?

I don't have a flame1.svg that goes in the data folder. I think I did figure out what's going wrong. To get it to work, make sure both Chilly and LightGraphics mods are off. Or possibly copy the flame1.svg from the data/mods/Chilly or data/mods/LightGraphics folders into the data folder.

Return to “News”