From the SourceForge changelog:
* Wrote concise instructions for building and installing the game.
* Removed runtime SVG support. All images must be pre-rasterized as PNG graphics now. This also removes the dependency on Amanith, making the game simpler to build and package.
* Reworked the build system. Now an installation package can be created with a single command for Windows and Mac OS X.
* Added textured fretboard strings and bars.
* Updated the translations.
Edit: Since this is built off the "unrecommended" version 1.2.512, I would hope that some of it's issues have been resolved. If you try 1.3.110, please share your experience below.