Frets On Fire wiki site

News in the world of Frets On Fire
This topic is 12 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: Frets On Fire wiki site

Postby acrox999 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:00 am

:D Great! Thanks man.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:03 am

I update the Wiki now and then, but it seems like no one edits it anymore

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Actually, many people is updating the wiki everyday. I received mail about edited wiki pages for about 10-20 mails.
goatnad

Postby goatnad » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm

how do i post to the wiki? i made an account and read the tut for it but i dont see an edit button or anywhere i can add the songs i have.
goatnad

Postby goatnad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 am

First let me say go F**K yourself. I am logged in and at the B section of the song database but at the bottom there is no edit for me only this (Start watching: site fretsonfire.wikidot.com | category _default | this page [?). Anyone else other then almighty slashfan have any clue what im doing wrong?
xbox360922

Postby xbox360922 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:21 am

Firstly, are you logged into Wikidot? (Being logged into the forum does NOT automatically log you into the wiki, you MUST create a separate Wikidot account).
Second, have you joined the wiki? Being logged into Wikidot does NOT mean you can automatically edit our wiki. You have to join the wiki, the current password is: November
goatnad

Postby goatnad » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:39 am

thank you xbox360922. didn't realize i had to do that last step and didn't know i wasn't actually logged in. thank you for not being like slashfan and thinking your to good to correctly help me.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 am

Dude just stop being an ass towards me. Doesn't help the situation.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:Dude just stop being an ass towards me. Doesn't help the situation.

Neither does bringing up the issue after it has been resolved for nearly two weeks already :glare:
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:11 pm

AAAHHHH Wiki vandalization AGAIN...

My Song Thread
Stoner!
Quaazzy420

Postby Quaazzy420 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:40 am

xbox360922 wrote:Firstly, are you logged into Wikidot? (Being logged into the forum does NOT automatically log you into the wiki, you MUST create a separate Wikidot account).
Second, have you joined the wiki? Being logged into Wikidot does NOT mean you can automatically edit our wiki. You have to join the wiki, the current password is: November

thanx bro i just typed in novemeber and refreshed and it worked thanx again
Stoner
Wiki Queen
Five

Postby Five » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 am

I thought I'd repost this small discussion from the wiki here where more people can see it and add their opinion.

We need an "instruments" column
NBSRDan 6 Sep 2009, 00:48 +0200

With the wide support for bass/rhythm and especially drum tracks, as well as vocals in beta, it's about time we added an "instruments" tab alongside artist/title/difficulties/fretter/link. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to add - I'd do it myself, but first I want check that it's welcome.

Re: We need an "instruments" column
mordikai wartwunson 20 Sep 2009, 00:37 +0200

Almost everybody uses FoFiX instead of vanilla FoF, so I second this. Also, for the same reason, I think the "difficulty" column should use easy/medium/hard/expert rather than supaeasy/easy/medium/amazing.

I don't see how anyone would have an issue with an "instruments" column, except maybe that it should be called "tracks" instead.

Re: We need an "instruments" column
Five 24 Apr 2010, 16:10 +0200

I haven't played this in a very long time and have no clue about the new versions, but in the past I think the "supaeasy/easy/medium/amazing" difficulties were used to avoid copyright problems, both in FoF and on the site.

Adding an instruments column would be a lot of work at this stage since you would have to add the column lines to each and every row on every page, on the right position of every row. I'm not sure if that work is warranted since the vast majority of songs in the database are still guitar only.

I would suggest to discuss this on the forum since not many people look at the comments here. If enough people think a new column makes sense then I'm sure someone will step up to take on the tedious task. Right now I personally don't think that column is really necessary, though.

-- Edit: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:18 pm --

slashfan7964 wrote:I update the Wiki now and then, but it seems like no one edits it anymore

The wiki is still being updated very regularly as you can see here: http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/system:recent-changes

Edit again:

While I'm here, can I please have an official opinion on adding external links on the wiki? I have removed a few direct download links recently since I'm pretty sure those are not okay. What about links to other forums, like this one: http://fretsonfiredownloads.darkbb.com/ ... m-t101.htm ?
I always assumed that links must lead to a song thread on this forum.

To anyone editing the wiki: Please be more careful with the code, and use the preview button! It also helps to copy a row and insert your data instead of typing it all out, or at least look at the other rows to check if your information is entered correctly. Thank you.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey Five! long time no see! :tongue:

The instruments column would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Not that it wouldn't be very useful, but how could anyone be sure of the instruments involved without going to the link, downloading the song, and at least opening the .mid file up in an editor (or load it up in-game). This is time better invested into the SongDB, which will be giving instrument info.

It's ok to post links to other forums, if the song is only/primarily there. As with all the other forum links on the main page, the wiki is for the whole FoF community to come together on. Though if it's on more than one forum, I'd prefer it to be one in English.

It's NOT ok to post direct links Mediafire/Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. First, because of legal reasons. Second, it neglects the charter's credit and doesn't give any means to leave feedback on their efforts.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
smashdude

Postby smashdude » Wed May 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Do you guys know where I can look up the songs that I can look up that have the FULL songlist (not the Wiki one). For example they do not have the Cars, the Knack, etc but those are listed in some of the links. I want the FULL song list. There is no way that Pat Benatar cannot be listed in there. And some files do not work such as Stairway to Heaven and You Belong With Me. I want ALL files to work and every song to show up that should be in there. I want ELTON JOHN and that isn't even in there.
+Syn

Postby +Syn » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 am

Hello, I've tried to join the wiki for edit songs database, but I can't. I have the forum page account, and also the wikidot account. When I'm here: http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/system:join, this appears me:

Join!
Joining this site is quick and easy:

Create an account on Wikidot.com by clicking the create a new account link below.
Come back to this page and enter the membership password to join this particular wiki and receive member/editor status.
Password:

What's the password that I need? I've tried with my account one and with all the months.. but nothing

(Sorry for my bad english :P)

EDIT: Finally I got it! Don't know what happened, but the password is still november. Anyway, thanks for all the posts ;)

Return to “News”