Frets on Fire 1.2.512

News in the world of Frets On Fire
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
stone

Postby stone » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm

well...

whenever i start a song it crashes . so im re-downloading 1.2.451
No, i Can NOT, Read it, NOT re-upload anything i have posted before 8/12/2008.
Reason: My hard drive died, that and I deleted them.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:39 pm

probably because it still has the crashing stage.svg/png

-Alex
samppu

Postby samppu » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:25 am

I hope this works better with vista than the 1.2.451 did.downloading....

it didn't work any better :( I'll try some mods
Last edited by samppu on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Ken

Postby Evil Ken » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:50 am

i dont like 1.2.512 version
1.1.324 have bugs
but i think best fof version 1.1.324
My W.I.P
Gaara's Compilation

My Youtube Channel
GaaraGCM
poison

Postby poison » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:37 pm

most of 1.1's bugs are solved by RF's mod. same with 1.2.4 version. i use capos mod too though.
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
clemon79

Postby clemon79 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:02 pm

Is there any word if this version fixes the issue with some rhythm tracks wth imported GH2 and 80's songs? I'm trying to fix them manually (because I haven't gotten a lot of help finding the fixed rhythm.oggs; everyone keeps giving me an air of "STFU moron" and then pointing to Mediafireish-hosted files that aren't there anymore...yeah, who's the moron?), but I'd rather not have to if it's being addressed client-side.
warhol

Postby warhol » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:56 pm

Can't you just delete them?
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
clemon79

Postby clemon79 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:26 am

warhol wrote:Can't you just delete them?

There seem to be two different problem types with the bad-rhythm songs: the ones that are playing the right rhythm track at double-speed, and the ones that include the wrong rhythm track, period. (Strutter is one of those, in my song set the rhythm.ogg is I think for Monkey Wrench.)

If you delete them, they sound weird, because there is now no bass track (or rhythm guitar track) for a song that should have one...the thing is I can't remember if every GH2 song has a rhythm track, or if some did and some didn't. (Take Strutter: clearly the Monkey Wrench track needs to go, but is there a "correct" Strutter rhythm track out there I can find to replace or, or does Strutter even have one in the first place?)

So I'm trying to find out what specifically is wrong with which tracks so I can figure out if it's something fixable or not, instead of just going with a suboptimal "just delete them" strategy. (Particularly with the '80s songs, which I KNOW are fixable...I just want a list of which ones need fixing, since I can't find the complete set of fixed rhythm tracks.)
Last edited by clemon79 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichallusTG

Postby MichallusTG » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:35 am

If one is double-speed, open it in Audacity and make it a stereo track.
clemon79

Postby clemon79 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:29 pm

MichallusTG wrote:If one is double-speed, open it in Audacity and make it a stereo track.

Yes, that I know. (Although in Audacity and GoldWave on my system, it's still opening as a double-speed stereo track, so I guess I'll need to stretch it out.) What I don't know is which tracks in '80s need this done to them. Also which tracks I can expect to have problems in the GH2 set.
fire2k7

Postby fire2k7 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:15 pm

I think I read somewhere that some songs didn't have a rhythm track & that when songs get converted to FOF many of the rhythm tracks get bumped up into the incorrect song. Someone did a reconciliation of this & posted it, but I don't have the link. You could try searching for it or try searching for info on the original GH song to see if it has the rhythm feature.
clemon79

Postby clemon79 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:07 pm

fire2k7 wrote:I think I read somewhere that some songs didn't have a rhythm track & that when songs get converted to FOF many of the rhythm tracks get bumped up into the incorrect song. Someone did a reconciliation of this & posted it, but I don't have the link. You could try searching for it or try searching for info on the original GH song to see if it has the rhythm feature.

Okay, that's a step in the right direction, thanks. Being a new guy, do you remember if there was a direct reference to "rhythm.ogg" in most of the posts discussing this? It would be helpful to have some useful search terms, so I'm not working completely blind.

And yeah, I can drop GH2 into my Xbox and check the rhythm-track situation, because I'm pretty sure some songs do not, but that's time consuming and tedious, so if I can find the info here... :)

Anyhow, thanks again, I'll see if I can scare something up. If someone knows of this thread and can post a link or at least something to search on, it'll be most appreciated. :)
clemon79

Postby clemon79 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:56 pm

clemon79 wrote:
fire2k7 wrote:Anyhow, thanks again, I'll see if I can scare something up. If someone knows of this thread and can post a link or at least something to search on, it'll be most appreciated. :)

I found the list. I think I'm pretty much good to go. Thanks to everyone again!
SlowDrag

Postby SlowDrag » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:14 pm

This iteration of FoF (512) has made me return to FoF. There's no memory leak with this version. You can play as many songs as you want without lag. I know many mods won't work with it but I'm satisfy with FoF as it is. Big thanks to the developpers team.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:20 am

clemon79 wrote:Is there any word if this version fixes the issue with some rhythm tracks wth imported GH2 and 80's songs? I'm trying to fix them manually (because I haven't gotten a lot of help finding the fixed rhythm.oggs; everyone keeps giving me an air of "STFU moron" and then pointing to Mediafireish-hosted files that aren't there anymore...yeah, who's the moron?), but I'd rather not have to if it's being addressed client-side.

No it's not fixed.

the only work around is to get or make stereo tracks.

-Alex

Return to “News”