Virus Information - PLEASE READ!

News in the world of Frets On Fire
This topic is 16 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
coolcheeze

Postby coolcheeze » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:55 pm

I have been in contact with a developer of Frets On Fire. He assures us that this is NOT a virus... and some Virus Software is in fact false detecting a keylogger in the .exe.

if you would like to see the email i received from the developers... PM me and i will forward the pertinant parts of it.

They submitted the .exe to fsecure for investigation and it was proven that the file was being detected improperly

Fsecure info

Please do as they suggest on the FOF main site and submit the FOF.exe to your anti-virus folks to get this problem resolved.

This will be the post about the virus warning... and any topic started about the virus will be removed immediately and if a topic started has the same kind of content that some did yesterday..that user will have their account suspended. Lets keep this a clean fun community and enjoy the great program that has been given to us freely.
Last edited by coolcheeze on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funcoot

Postby Funcoot » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up!
Internet Pirate Image

Also visit http://www.fof.bb2.org/index.php?act=idx another FoF forum.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:57 am

Unpinning this topic. It doesn't seem to be much of an issue anymore.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki

Return to “News”