impressive stats

News in the world of Frets On Fire
This topic is 16 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
h3r1n6

Postby h3r1n6 » Tue May 01, 2007 3:01 pm

Guinness wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:A thanks button could be a neat addition to the tune trading forum come to think of it. Similarly to what torrent sites use. It's nothing big, just bumps a thread and gives the maker a thanks without having to post essentially the same thing.

I think it be cool to have a vote panel in the tune trading forum. Where you could vote your thoughts on the quality on the conversion of a song 1 to 5. Too many people are too quick in giving thanks without even playing or reviewing the song.

Yep, more feedback would definately be good, I think it would be a nice feature for the forum.
I guess I am going to make my next song additions polls. The only problem is, that polls are bumped every time someone votes, so that would need to be turned off.

Too many thank yous would just spam the forum, but a few thanks let you know, that your work is appreciated.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:33 pm

You people do realise there's a "Rate User" button, right? Just use that.

Raph666: The point wasn't that people come here just to get recognized, it's that when you take a lot of time and really work on something until you think it's great, you should be proud of it. it really sucks to spend a whole lot of time on something making it perfect, only to have it go unnoticed. People deserve to be recognized for their work. If you're just in it to get noticed, then you probably didn't put your best effort into it anyway. I don't care if you leech or not, as long as you appreciate someone else's work and let them know, you're fine in my book. When someone tells you that what you've worked on is cool or they like it or something, it makes you feel good, and that's what it's about.
[/rant]

Please still contribute, though! :)
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Thu May 24, 2007 12:25 am

I hate that this forum has so many users and nobody posts.

Really I see like the same 10 people in every thread and every so often another person actually decides to make a post.

I guess its nice that most of the lurkers dont do anything though. They would probably just annoy us like fretsonfire noob.
Last edited by Micicle on Thu May 24, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Mon May 28, 2007 12:39 pm

jake2k3 wrote:You people do realise there's a "Rate User" button, right? Just use that.

Raph666: The point wasn't that people come here just to get recognized, it's that when you take a lot of time and really work on something until you think it's great, you should be proud of it. it really sucks to spend a whole lot of time on something making it perfect, only to have it go unnoticed. People deserve to be recognized for their work. If you're just in it to get noticed, then you probably didn't put your best effort into it anyway. I don't care if you leech or not, as long as you appreciate someone else's work and let them know, you're fine in my book. When someone tells you that what you've worked on is cool or they like it or something, it makes you feel good, and that's what it's about.
[/rant]

Please still contribute, though! :)
~Jake2k3

;_:

That was beautiful man.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Tue May 29, 2007 12:22 pm

well i guess people tend to lurk when they arnt that much into the game. like for stepmania, im not really into it so i dont post often maybe only like 10 times total. for FoF, im hooked on so i post very often.
tanman37

Postby tanman37 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:36 pm

Dr Zaius wrote:A thanks button could be a neat addition to the tune trading forum come to think of it. Similarly to what torrent sites use. It's nothing big, just bumps a thread and gives the maker a thanks without having to post essentially the same thing.

i support this idea, 100%, and if im late on something for not reading all of the topic yet, then i'll smash my keyboard:P:P:P:P
if i told you what i was thinking,,,,,,well then you would know what i was think, what else do you want????!?!?!??!?!
warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:27 am

I'd be ok with the thanks button, only if the thread is bumped every 10 thankies
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:53 pm

coolcheeze wrote:check this out... over 27,000 members! and growing.... keep it up!
Total members: 27872
Total male members: 27215
Total female members: 650
Total members whose sex is unknown: 7
Total members who have posted: 3006
Total members who have no avatar: 14
Total members who have signation: 2034
Total members who entered a real name: 16689
Total members who have YIM: 533
Total members who have AOL: 885
Total members who have ICQ: 430

To show how much this board has grown recently, look at this! In under 2 months, we've grown to over 40,000 users!

Total members: 40007
Total male members: 39011
Total female members: 988
Total members whose sex is unknown: 8
Total members who have posted: 4281
Total members who have no avatar: 23
Total members who have signation: 3309
Total members who entered a real name: 24635
Total members who have YIM: 934
Total members who have AOL: 1496
Total members who have ICQ: 709
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:20 pm

nwru wrote:Total female members: 650
-------------------------------------------
Total female members: 988

338 member increase in girls...

And the overall increase is the reason there's so many damn nubes... :angry:
warhol

Postby warhol » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Well, at least Y!m is still above ICQ :/
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm one of the 14 w/o an avatar. Woohoo!!

Return to “News”