Frets On Fire 1.2.451 - Still Rocks!

News in the world of Frets On Fire
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Hybrid

Postby Hybrid » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:42 am

Because our official webpage has been down few days, we made project page to the sourceforge: http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

And we have also made new World Charts system for you!

Frets On Fire 1.2.451:

This release contains an important fix for the note tapping system. The old system would incorrectly register missed notes even if the player was playing correctly. The new system is Jürgen Approved™. Stability and performance fixes have also been made.

- fix hopo conflicting with normal gameplay
- fix audio crashes and skipping
- song editor startup fix
- fix graphics glitches on some graphics cards
- song filter improvements
- made tapping configurable
- linux packaging fixes
Last edited by Hybrid on Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hybrid
Graphician of Unreal Voodoo
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:45 am

Moved to news
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:50 am

Awww, sweet!
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:50 am

It's cool you guys fixed all the major bugs, these two minor bugs still exist though:

-HO/PO is too spaced out (its not supposed to start counting at the end of a note, but at the beginning. If that makes any sense)
-Some songs are very wierd sounding because they have sped up or slowed down audio tracks

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by mmsven on Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:27 am

Also, your world charts look awesome :)

I am looking forward to kicking some ass on it
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:12 am

I still have C++ runtime error crashes on certain songs. once I start using the source I can tell what that's from. They work fine on the previous version.

The HOPOs are still a mess. Their strum fudge factor does not seem to work all the time. If i try to pick a song (like I would without HOPO) I get tons of misses still. Also their HOPO detection is still off. They are using the end of a note to determine when the next HOPO starts. Also some of the values just seem incorrect. It may be because of the previous thing though.

Also, HO and PO don't work, just the 'tap' as I explained in my last RF-mod update email. Another thing that does not work is a HOPO trill.

Fat Lip seems a good example song to use as a benchmark. I've still got a few HOPO notes I am missing from there in RF-mod, gotta figure those out. But this version seems only slightly improved over the last. The biggest thing people will like is the ability to turn off HOPO.

memory wise this release is good. The pyogg stuff really helps in the Memory usage. only Started off around 40M and went to 50-60 when playing a GH1 song. the previous version goes to about 100M

Performance wise it's ok. I'm still getting better performance out of the previous version, but that is because I have performance saving toggles. Hopefully they will also have a good affect in the new version when I port RF-mod-4.0.

I'm glad to see this released. Hopefully it will quell some of the rumblings of the anti-hopo crowd.

-Alex
m0nkiii

Postby m0nkiii » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:24 am

Coool, gonna test it later today.
Great with a World charts but
"it will only become visible when one of the administrators verifies the song by hand." To prevent cheater I guess ? Who is this lucky admin, lol :D
Stream

Postby Stream » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:26 am

Its possible release the new charts system to public?

Regards
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am

Still sticking with .321 and RF-Mod 3.0.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
mattm591

Postby mattm591 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:54 am

Does this release solve the problem I (and someone else) have with the notes being out of sync (regardless of what av sync setting used)
Leather Rebel!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:45 pm

I tried it and tappable notes have greatly improved. Runs smooth, some glitches at the end of some songs are gone and you don't get runtime errors out of the blue.
pyksy

Postby pyksy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:03 pm

As always I've compiled the latest Frets on Fire for AMD64 Linux, get it from http://www.bukkake.fi/FoF-x86_64/
Divra

Postby Divra » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:58 pm

Strange, I played Defy the Machine, and it uploaded the score, but when I tried a GHI/GHII one it didn't. I thought it was about the folder names and renamed them like 'iwannabesedated', but it didn't help. It doesn't even upload when I play Defy the Machine!
Charts (Down as of November 25th)
Leather Rebel!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:16 pm

Yeah, same here. Seems to work with "the default package": Tutorial, Bang Bang, Mystery Man, Defy the Machine, This Week I've Been Mostly Playing Guitar and Fasten Me.
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:08 am

The HOPO system is much improved.. but still not as good as that found in RF Mod.

I had it crash on me with the C++ error about 2 times in an hour (believe it or not.. that's a huge improvement) :)

when trying to jump to a song by typing a letter, it will always crash back to windows..

when restarting a song, the audio sometimes has problems

So this is a much improved release..
I have none of the above mentioned problems with the old version/RF mod though.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539

Return to “News”