Electric Rock Ukulele

Everything else in here
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gurd

Electric Rock Ukulele

Postby Gurd » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 am

So, I just got a very sweet little Teton electric ukulele in the mail today. I bought it for my daughter, who loves rock and roll. So far, so good, however...

Plugging it into my Fender Mustang, I realized I had no idea how to play rock on the uke. If I were teaching her guitar, I would start her off with some power chords. Maybe bass string riffs. But power chords are very difficult on the uke, especially for a 5-year-old. Failing that, I might start her off with an Am pentatonic box... but that is a bit funky on a re-entrant tuning uke.

I was able to jury rig some Santana licks, but his style is so bendy, and it doesn't work that great. You can barely even play the Johnny B Goode type lick on a uke because bending the strings is kind of iffy.

So... does anyone have any experience with rock stuff that actually works on an electric uke? And beyond that, are there any albums out that feature rock uke playing to which one could direct me, so I could get some ideas?

Thanks!
WilmaAndersson

Re: Electric Rock Ukulele

Postby WilmaAndersson » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Interesting, i have one too!

Return to “Off-Topic”