48 h that I don't sleep for a track of your drum proj 4

Everything else in here
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Atax

48 h that I don't sleep for a track of your drum proj 4

Postby Atax » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:06 pm

I'm serius, now are 48 hours that i'm on pc, I feel that before have a reahab (that in any case after this after hour I must have, so you can answer me also with all the calm, but sunday i will back here as new and if I don't find any kind of help.....IF....well s**t happens.lol)
I need only the drum track of "Naglfar - I Am Vegenance" just for do the same thing that i've done with my list, at most rewrited in midi or with music notation softwares for let it suitable to be read and play by a vsti. Ehen I must rewrite the parts, when it goes all straight I need 10 days of work, 3-4 hour every day, but i'm sorta maniacal and so i get a sirugicar care on every shadow of the arrangiament, that's not a bad thing...is pure madness because i spit blood to do something that I will use neither for a youtube video, just for have fun and for get more intresting my fdaily guitar training. But anyway if are few I find in old raw midi files some crick and crack sounding bass nline, some completely out of time and semi invented drumtracks that anyway, mean always that i found a crappy piece of what I need to do a guitar back track (so all the instruments except guitar) and also find it fun I reinstall on my pc after 15 years programs such mod plug and fast tracker, pretty oldschool :cool: lol
I had used those program for years in the past so, if some midi that i found need only some adjust here and there I make it shiny new in a couple of hours with restauration and then in find a most realistic and up to date vsti that could have a cool, but at most because is a cover from a date song is no matter of cool, but to find the suitable tone that thogheter with all the other istruments on wich i done the same work will result a sorta of realistic reproduction of the original, but withouth guitar parts. Well I must admit that the ozone matching eq process had save my ass for can be "archive" a track as a finished and ready to rock on work for 70-80 songs circa on the 90 or around that I have. So, not bad, Ozone have done his part in some way, just a little....lol
Anyway I try with all the programs that I have (work on win 10 now but I still have win 7 on the other pc) going far from mod plug, I download almost 5 giga of sound banks for virtual drums that could be used in a midi editor, and not only midi banks...After 24 hours with a trasposition of tones on a midi editor with an SFX encoder (i think that is used for built drum parts & loop for superior drummer, indeed i'm sure that I have exactly the bank that toontrack engiiner have used to pack all the sd bundles that are around.
Then I use Ezdrummer, but anyway with ezdrummer stuff, also the more obscure and may forgotten test relase of sundbancks to track a drum for ez, that also who have write it wanted to forget to had done something alike (not really, it's my think, but I think to be right lol) but in the end the mapping of your midi from the drum project 4 after traspositions, chanes of patterns, and please don't ansk me the exactly process because as I say, are 48 hours that I don't sleep and what I have done to get something that sounds perfectly in time, and have a semi straight line of kick and snare with some strange hit of "nothing" or cowbell here and there, but that you can percieve that taking it and FINALLY put it in the proper editor that have to be used as the instructons say and not invented or tweaked, hacked 'till the program freeze procedures to edit what still need to be edited.
So, I know that don't have an idea of what the hell I done to get this crappy aimed cool drumtrack get to you hard to suggest me now what software or develop progr. that could be esited from the block notes to edit the parts that after 48 hours I have must accept the fact that are anythig other apart the bugs in my work because i done it passng over too much programming stuffs and of course take as good the 43 editing even if it sounds well because a wrong tweak let it sound like must be, but in fact is no more than the artistic falling that can be "born" from someone that during a motorcycle race have an accident and save his ass with a seriers of what seems an extreme exibition of a new martial art mixed to some "matrix motion" styles...but he done an accident, not a stunt show.

Yes i can d it: even if what you know or what you will kindly thing would be a good method to get from your "Drum project 4" the whole "I am Vegenance" folder and from that start to tell me, suggest me what i can do, even if the process need other files from that folder, as the ini or the ogg, a procedure to get a midi drum map track "standard kit" of this song. May you also know how to do the work since to get to the midi files that fit perfectly with the kind of midi notation that need only to be drag and drop in ez drummer as i will get it following your procedure:
So attempt, sure methods, even a tip to stat the work but from the right way that I will only have the care to follow with logic to work on the track to get what i need, because as I say, if like a not crazy dude may even this afternoon I could stop my work and say "ok this sound like naglfar one, and all the bugs are there just because I reach this results with extra tweaks of the original, that is perfect and so go on this way can only let those bugs emerge more and more, since they are matter of bad moods on the good line that you do with yor great work for buit it up in FOF.
I can't even say that I wll get credit neither on the less seen video on the entire youtube to who can and would help me, because as i say, i do it to make more funny my guitar training playning on the songs that i alway dream to play, and I assure to you that this help a lot and get noticeable skill on the instrument because of the extreme stimulation that I reach when I stop for a couple of second to play on the back track and realize that what i have "hear" before was me at 100%
ok 48 h no sleep had done the brain fries and you have of course noticed it, stop write, and just say thaks to wo coulg get me any kinf d of help in this work
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Re: 48 h that I don't sleep for a track of your drum proj 4

Postby nwru » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:41 pm

uhhhm.. whut ? :blink:
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:53 pm

I now have a 48 hour headache from reading that. :scared:

What you are trying to do is take a fof drum midi and make it playable within a vsti, so you can get a faux separated drum track.. i think?! Or maybe you just ate too many tacos, I can't tell.

Obtain the program REAPER. Import the fof midi track. Place the vsti of choice in the FX of that track. Move the notes where they should be. You can click on the lanes of the midi numbers to hear which drum sound is where. BAM, faux drums!
Atax

Postby Atax » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Ok, I sleep almost till now, so 18 hours of sleep. Your suggestion Wolferacing is almost perfect, I done many times what you have say or insert a midi track in reaper, assign a vst to theis track and then press play meanwhile praying that the work starts to rock. But this happen once, may twice. LOL. I must always done some edit job here and there, or try to find what could be a better vsti and then change the one that I choose with the other, and this can be repeated for 4-5 times till i don't get what I was looking for
So, let me see if really my brain haven't get damages in my last madness (i'm always talking with Wolferacing): so you are tell me after the midi import into reaper and put ezdrummer as vsti on this channel open the midi editor, adjust the midi FoF drum components placing it in the correct midi section eg for the kick drum midi pattern of ez and then i've got my bomb drumtrack. (you know that if you play it in ez drummer as is in FOF tou will ear a cybal track, or FoF midi cover all the cymbal section of ez? I LOL when i play it but meanwhile I understad that the work that will deseves the re-order of the componets will be not a joke at all)
Dreaming is always a good thing. I done it both in reaper and both in mixcraft studio pro that imo have a more accurate midi editor than reaper but the main problem is that the FOF drumtrack have absolutely not write on the single drum componet pattern what the hell is. Ok for kick, snare, crash and hit since I know well the song and I can recognize how it may sound a midi pattern as notation only getting a look to the "notetion" of the pattern for those 4 essential drum components i still have put them in the proper ez drummer componet pattern. But for toms, floor tooms, other kind of cymbals well, without a reference from the originala FOF the work is becoming harder than i think. Now I get a program that's call "Toontrack ez player, that should be a standalone and vst tool done proper to set up drum midi files, or it says that can also find and extract midi drum part from a "ensemble" midi files and edit it immediatly with an ezdrummer editor, that if works really like I just say mean to have to done 1 time the work, no more and added coversion, transposition, sound bank adjustmet ecc ecc, if you intend to play it with ez (and also superior) you have just to be accurated on the work meanwhile you do it. If your notation is right it will immediately play right by this vsti, because you've edited it direclti from the notation "read root" of this vsti. If it sound crap or not right the peroblen is and can be only that you have fail something, and since you work into the vsti reading software an error on the kick+ride cymbal part, is of course in the kick and ride midi section, and in the exact point where you hear it. As when in a record you hear some crap that last 1-2 second, with selection+zoom in an audio editor you will off course able to visualize in the zoomed wave form that in this point the wave design start to do aliens crop circles,...lol...anyway you will get in target the gap, then is up to your ability that comes from intuition or notion to re-edit right it
Ok i speak too much, thank you for the suggestion, now I see if I'm able to reopen a daw without vomit and set again me @work from now or if is better to do it tomorrow...

Return to “Off-Topic”