Something people here might not be aware of

Everything else in here
This topic is 8 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Something people here might not be aware of

Postby BombDude24 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:06 am

Hey, I didn't really have a good title for the topic, so that'll hopefully be the worst thing about this thread.

I felt that it'd be appropriate to bring to the attention of the community at large the loss of one of our charters. I didn't really have a better to way to word that, but no, he's not dead, he just isn't a part of this community anymore. I am of course talking about everyone's favorite M1999.

Well, I'm off to a great start, crappy title, and everyone who reads this is going to think that one of our charters is six feet under. Unfortunately, I'm not a master wordsmith, so any confusion can be cleared up in the comments, but just bear with me for now.

So, what does this mean in the grand scheme of things? M1999 will no longer be around these boards, and pretty much, that's that. I didn't really have an intuitive relationship with him, in fact, I don't really have one of those with anyone here, so any signs leading up to his departure were completely unknown to me. Other forum regulars were just as surprised, and he ended up doing a bunch of other things that we didn't really see correlation with flat-out leaving, up until now.

If you check his main thread, all his songs, gone, his youtube channel, all the videos deleted/made private, etc., etc. In addition to this, the community solo compilation thread that he was the project leader for has been locked. The main reason for these first two things was that he felt his charts weren't good enough, and instead of seeking to improve them, deleted them entirely. The solo compilation project was more or less an unexpected casualty in all of this, and with nobody to coordinate with who has what at the moment, it might be dead for good, who knows?

I wouldn't be against uploading all of his songs, myself, so people can get them if they want them, but if he comes back and says to take them down, then that's his prerogative, and I'll take them down.

I don't know, I pretty much don't understand his motivations, but again, it's what he wants to do, so I'll respect his decision, and I won't think less of him for it. I highly recommend you do the same.

If anyone wants to step in to take the reigns of the community solo compilation project, then I guess it's fair game, now, but honestly, I'm tired of picking up the pieces for other projects, I've got my own stuff to take care of, and my own plans, so I won't be the one to do it, I'm sorry.

Well, M1999, I hope you're going to feel better doing your own thing, and I wish you the best in life. I don't understand or agree with your decision, but it's not my choice to make, and I'm going to keep my speculations to myself.

Goodbye, we'll miss you, dude. I say "we'll" because I know I'm not the only one.

EDIT: I don't know if his disdain was for this community, specifically, or for the Phase Shift community, but I'm assuming it's factors from both that made him consider his decision.
farottone

Re: Something people here might not be aware of

Postby farottone » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Authoring is brutal, it takes a toll, bad feedback or no thanks drive you crazy. I understand people pulling songs: I'm not releasing a fair amount of songs because I'm not satisfied of them or because they miss keys, so I can see how anybody would pull something he's not satisfied with.
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Yeah, definitely.

I'll miss him, too. He made great charts.

Also, I do kind of like the way charters interact with each other here. Though I don't have the feeling we're all really close, I do have a sense of community on this forum, and I'm sad he left.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:17 pm

As someone who has been around here since 2008... who the hell is this?

I stopped authoring in 2011 because it takes too much time and I was getting stressed over authoring for Rock Band Network.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Mr_Ice_Pickle

Postby Mr_Ice_Pickle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm late, but whatever. Like I said in the DWSK chatroom, it's very disappointing that this happened, especially since he was one of the first people I interacted with on here IIRC. I really think I looked up to him, which makes it all the more sad that he decided to do what he did. But, he will be missed for making some pretty damn good charts.

But, that means I need someone else's help with the problematic OT song that I got m1999 to help with, because he never got back to me before he left.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Doesn't matter the game, there will still be people note tracking songs.

Anyways, what do you use to note track songs? It does help with note tracking if you can play the song at a slower tempo.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Postby AlexTaylor » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:59 pm

I was not aware of this, when did it happen?
Anyways, it's sad to see him go, he was a great charter.

amak11 wrote:Doesn't matter the game, there will still be people note tracking songs.

Anyways, what do you use to note track songs? It does help with note tracking if you can play the song at a slower tempo.

Just curious, what's note tracking?
I have a feeling that I should know this, but I don't, lol.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:02 pm

AlexTaylor wrote:Just curious, what's note tracking?
I have a feeling that I should know this, but I don't, lol.

Authoring, charting, fretting, note tracking. Different words all with the same meaning.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:03 pm

AlexTaylor wrote:I was not aware of this, when did it happen?

He removed the songs about a week or two ago; he left for good and made it public on the DWSK (Phase Shift) chatroom yesterday.
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Postby AlexTaylor » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:09 pm

wolferacing wrote:Authoring, charting, fretting, note tracking. Different words all with the same meaning.

Oh okay, thanks. :)

BombDude24 wrote:He removed the songs about a week or two ago; he left for good and made it public on the DWSK (Phase Shift) chatroom yesterday.

Damn, a week! I was thinking only a day or two.
Well, thanks for the answer.
wee little kid
m1999

Postby m1999 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:44 pm

disclaimer: post contains cringe

Spoiler:Hey for one last time,

I am feeling awful right now for leaving without any final words other than the OP of my locked song thread (which sounded way too hostile, but I can’t change it now) and my signature/chatango profile message. So I’ll post one last time to clarify why I am leaving. I had most of this text in my sig and chatango profile already, so it might sound familiar if you had already read one of them.

Just know that it is not because of my hate against my charts, nor does it have anything to do with the community or any of you specifically. It's just that I've been feeling worse and worse about my place in this community and the time I spent here to the point that I got more depressed about a game than I should. I can’t really explain what it is, for some reason I always feel like everyone’s better off if I’m gone, not just here, but in real life as well. There’s no real reason for that, and there wasn’t anything in particular that caused me to think that way, but still there’s part of me that always thinks people would prefer if I just went away. So doing that and distancing myself from the community hopefully makes me feel better. Also doesn't help that I've been feeling more and more depressed in general lately.

I really hate myself for leaving the community the way I did, sorry for making it seem like I hate everyone here and disdain the community, which really is not the case.

Thanks to everyone for the great time I had here. But it's time for me to move on.

Last edited by m1999 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:15 pm

m1999 wrote:I can’t really explain what it is, for some reason I always feel like everyone’s better off if I’m gone, not just here, but in real life as well. There’s no real reason for that, and there wasn’t anything in particular that caused me to think that way, but still there’s part of me that always thinks people would prefer if I just went away. So doing that and distancing myself from the community hopefully makes me feel better. Also doesn't help that I've been feeling more and more depressed in general lately. [/b]

As someone who spent a week in the hospital in October because I was planning my suicide, do whatever you think you need to do to get better. Part of the reason why I'm spending so much time here again after being gone a while is because I haven't enjoyed living life for a long time, and Phase Shift and this forum are at least a good way for me to get things off of my mind when times get hard and I feel like relapsing. I'm far from OK, and I've deleted all my social media accounts and made some major changes to my life recently, but I'll know when I feel better. It just might take a long time. You'll know when you'll feel better too, and when you do feel better this forum will still be here ready for you to come back. I hope you can bounce back from whatever you're experiencing sooner rather than later.
Mr_Ice_Pickle

Postby Mr_Ice_Pickle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Farewell, m1999. It's been a pleasure knowing you, and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:09 pm

idk who you are, but from reading your one post in this thread, get some therapy; you might be depressed or have BPD. No joke, though.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:38 am

I'm not sure you'll see this but I sincerely hope that your journey to repair your mental health is succesful. Don't be ashamed or afraid to seek professional help if you need it.

Return to “Off-Topic”