C3's question thread

Everything else in here
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: C3's question thread

Postby amak11 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:00 am

Maartah wrote:I enjoy this thread

I thought I was the only one. lol
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

JarheadHME

Postby JarheadHME » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:05 am

I'm late. Yeah. But f*ck it.

You are the most ignorant person I have ever seen. Ever.

For literally every single point someone has made in here.

I don't care if you say "You can't compare music to something else blahblahblah" that's one part where you are completely missing the point.

Say you made your precious Elgato HD60 (seriously, humblebragging much?) and decide to mass produce it. That's the mixed mp3/flac/wav/ogg/whatever. Then there's the schematic that you can make them all based on. That's the master tracks. You could make something very SIMILAR to the Elgato just by finding parts that do something similar, i.e make similar sound tracks, but you likely won't be able to create the exact thing without the schematic.

Then say you allow a guy to have the schematic to make, say, an addon to it, like a cable extension or something idfk what you would put as an addon for an elgato probably nothing but that's not the point. That would be licensing the master tracks. If he gave out the schematics to someone else, they can make the elgato if you so choose. Now, say they just wanted to look at the schematic. Just see HOW it was made, nothing else. That would be the person just listening to the stem.

You wouldn't want that schematic to be mass produced and publicly available, because then they could make the exact same product and sell that at a cheaper price, thus taking away money from YOU.

It's basically like this that people in music want to prevent :

They don't care what the majority's intentions are, and they don't care what you think of of the "musicians" who do that kind of thing, the point of the matter is PEOPLE CAN DO IT, and they want to prevent that. They don't care if you just want to listen to it to appreciate it, they want to prevent the minority from doing that image.

And with them being fine with people listening to it in the game, it's because, as has been pointed out, that the songs were licensed for use in the game. They were not licensed for use for you to listen to on your computer. Like the guy being allowed to have the schematic for the addon. Having the device itself would be like a song being in the game. You could look at the parts on the inside, see how they were arranged and that kind of thing, but the fact of the matter is, it's not the original schematic, and thus, not the original stems.

Now please, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't f*cking nitpick holes in my comparison, because then you would be doing what you've been doing in this entire thread: Missing the damn point.
Click here to request a song to rip for here!
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:10 am

*grabbing popcorn intensifies*
JarheadHME

Postby JarheadHME » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:21 am

Gonna go off topic from the thread itself for a moment...

I'm surprised you're actually still here. Considering all this stuff I've heard you've said and done about FoF, like the whole thing I heard about with the whole blocking download linked redirected from here. I hear in general that you don't like this place. Aside from the whole multitracks business what's up with that?

if you so desire this could be continued via PM.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:36 am

I love you too, Jarhead. :love:

I don't nitpick in your comparison or other's, indeed I hate when people just don't get the point you're trying to make and nitpick BS in your comparison. I'm not one of those persons, believe me. BUT, here, I'm so sorry, you can't compare music business to anything.

What you're doing there is just using an example or comparison to prove your point and completely ignore all the rest of the story. It just does not work. I've tried it with recipes and cooking, but it's not the same: some would say master are ingredients, others would say it's the tools you use to cook, etc. It just doesn't work.

Anyways, with my Elgato I can, as I've done, record the practice mode and BOOM!, surprise, I can use the master track however I want, and play it through the computer, and edit it, and whatever. There are millions and millions of CD's out there, millions and millions of consoles, and there are millions and millions of recorders. So even the dumbest kid can become a source of master tracks in a matter of 3 minutes. That's to prove the completely nuts point of saying that C3 team is super duper unique, and they are one of the only sources of master tracks. Which is not true, not true at all. If you couldn't listen to an isolated master track through the game, then yeah, there would be no way to record it, and then C3 team can say ripping the CD and convert the audio files to mp3 or OGG is the only way.

And that's that. :rolleyes:
JarheadHME

Postby JarheadHME » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:38 am

No I can't f*cking compare something that is EXACTLY like music, obviously that isn't going to happen. But we're comparing things with things that are close enough, and you're dismissing them because they're not exactly the same.

You're still doing exactly what you've been doing.

You are saying my comparison is invalid when it would be close enough to get the point across for everyone else. I even TOLD WHAT PART OF THE COMPARISON WAS WHICH. You're the one completely ignoring the story because "It's a comparison obviously it can't be very similar."

Back to my comparison, you doing that would be like the person you allowed to have the schematic to do something with it giving them to someone else without your permission. You're still taking them without permission. It does matter through what means you got them. It doesn't matter how simple it is, you're still doing it.

They weren't claiming that they were the only source at all! You're putting words into C3's mouth! They just don't want to provide an easy way for multitrack leechers to get them. Maybe the people who want them don't have RB to get them off of, let alone a capture device.

Also, you can't listen to the instrument itself. You can get close, yes, but you can't listen to the instrument with no background noise at all, unless you do some funky sh*t to the file.
farottone

Postby farottone » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:44 pm

JarheadHME wrote:You're still doing exactly what you've been doing.

If you try to explain math to a rock, you can't expect much. At the same time, are you sure your time is well spent talking to a rock? :smile:
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
JarheadHME

Postby JarheadHME » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Maybe so but when someone pisses me off like that I just need to go off. If he still doesn't get it after this then the thread needs to be locked so that another me can't happen... cause there will just be no getting through to him.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Hey, relax, sleep, drink some water, do some exercise, no locked threads or S, what are you talking about?

If you can't talk to people that don't share your opinion, then just don't talk. Go away if this thread pisses you off. This is for civilized people that can actually talk about something without being pissed off and wishing to lock and close everything they don't agree.

You think I am a rock?
Fine, go away.
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:24 pm

It's so cute, it's like the rock is trying to talk to us. I just know it!
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:37 pm

What are you, like internet bullies?

They weren't claiming that they were the only source at all! You're putting words into C3's mouth!

I'm so sorry, Jarhead, I know you can't read the whole thread, but at least, don't call me a liar :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Quoting Farottone:
"(just the fact that you think that an MP3 available from thousands if not hundred of thousands of sources is as valuable and as in need of protection than something only available from one single source boggles the mind)"

Oh wait, now I'm sure Farottone or TrojanNemo have an explanation about that, that it doesn't mean actually that, and you know... it's gonna happen what religious people do when science prove they're wrong. "No, it's an interpretation, you can't take it literally, bla, bla, bla"
Cordal

Postby Cordal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:10 pm

-----
Last edited by Cordal on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rambomhtri

Postby rambomhtri » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:33 pm

And I think you should be banned because obviously you didn't come here to help anyone neither answer to the topic.
JarheadHME

Postby JarheadHME » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Everyone who has attempted to answer the topic has been brushed off by you because you think it's a stupid answer, even though to everyone else it makes perfect sense.
Cordal

Postby Cordal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:37 pm

-----
Last edited by Cordal on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”