Vidya cards

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Re: Vidya cards

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 pm

I dont' want to deal with OCing. I tried to OC my CPU. My computer wouldn't boot. Nothing happened. I eventually got it to boot ( holding th epower button). Not going to risk blowing poop up.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:40 am

Rapt0r wrote:I dont' want to deal with OCing. I tried to OC my CPU. My computer wouldn't boot. Nothing happened. I eventually got it to boot ( holding th epower button). Not going to risk blowing poop up.

I think it's because you OCed it too high. Part of OCing is trial and error, and maintenance.

My android phone comes with 600 mhz on demand. OCing lets me push it to 787 mhz with a 5 degree temperature change, even on 90+ degree weather. I had it set to 804 mhz but that was too high, and constantly my phone would reboot.

You just gotta mess around but play with SAFE ranges.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:10 pm

OCing for those cards is well documented on the web, you just gotta look for the right numbers.

look at my first post on this thread.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 pm

I didn't push it very high at all. I don't know what the duck happened. Needless to day, I don't want to mess with it.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 pm

What was you cpu again?
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm

AMD Phenom II X4 970 I think. It's 3.5ghz
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Nice. I dont know how OCing goes with AMD CPUs, but I heard i7s are good at it.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:26 pm

I know a guy that has this clocked over 4ghz. I could probably get mine pretty high if I wanted to. It runs cool as duck with the cooler I ahve on it.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Been playing demanding games all day and no crashes! This vidya card is awesome!!!
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Nice man, Cograts!! Which one did you end up getting?
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:40 am

The 560 Ti. Sooo ducking mad. Spent close to 4 hours helping build my buddies computer (over an hour of that time was spent trying to figure out why his computer wouldn't boot which was due to a 2nd power cable that needed to be attached to the mobo). Turns out that in the process of removing my 4870, blowing the dust out of it, and installing it into his computer, I somehow ducked the fan on it. It doesn't spin (kinda does a jerk as you turn the computer off). Looks like it'll either need a new cooler on it or just needs a new video card. Either way, I owe him $80 for the card since that's what he bought it from me for.
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:18 am

Well congrats on your new card, and sucks to be him hehe.

Why not getting a new cooler (zalman) and hooking it up to that card? Unless it already shows artifacts, it's worth a shot.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:33 am

The worse the card did was show a green bar across the top of the screen during boot. We took the card out and it was hot and fan wasn't working. Card works now though. Apparently, the fan wasn't plugged into the card completely (I swear I chekced this 30 times). So now I don't owe him the money back for the card and his computer works! Holy poop ducks that took forever to build. First computer I've built without the assistance of anyone else more experienced.
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:28 pm

Took ages? Man, PCs are easy as poop to build with recent hardware. Setting up a neat and fully functional OS is another story though.

Back on the "vidya" card matter, I'm lucky because my old 8400GS works like a charm again.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

I was also being extremely careful with everything as not to break anything. poops expensive yo.

Return to “Off-Topic”