PS Store Downloaded Content Sharing doubt

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
DSP21

PS Store Downloaded Content Sharing doubt

Postby DSP21 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:06 pm

So I already now the steps for getting other people downloaded stuff...

But one of my question is that if you change your PS3 ACCOUNT user name to the same name the other person who bought the stuff you want, will it work?

My name for example is QWERTY
And I wanna trade with POITE
I change my PS3 ACCOUNT to POITE and enter his PSN, then the store, download the desired content. After ending the download, install it. And then change the name again to QWERTY
Will this work or do I really need a new PS3 account?

My second question is, does this apply for Guitar Hero DLCs?
Because when I go to see my DLC's on installed data section it does not have the owner's info :D

Thanks for the help :laugh:

Steam: DSP21
PSN: D-S-P21
Youtube: Dsp21
Last.fm: NemeSys21
Twitch: Dsp211
Discord: Dsp21#0079
back from the dead
thebocaj

Re: PS Store Downloaded Content Sharing doubt

Postby thebocaj » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 pm

DSP21 wrote:My second question is, does this apply for Guitar Hero DLCs?
Because when I go to see my DLC's on installed data section it does not have the owner's info :D

Yep, works fine. As long as you're both in the same region, that is, as me and Slashfan found out.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Who was it here that got mad about being banned from PSN for doing this exact same thing?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Who was it here that got mad about being banned from PSN for doing this exact same thing?

Estem?

Oh wait, he got banned for using someone else's credit card...
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:54 pm

You have to make a new user on your PS3 and sign up for a new PSN account, then click use an existing account and sign in with thier credentials, then you can access everything.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:20 pm

No, someone did for sharing PSN accounts to have more RB DLC.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:57 pm

I know we've had a few other people here request content sharing. But it is a ban-able offense if Sony catches on to you. Which most times they don't.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Rapt0r wrote:No, someone did for sharing PSN accounts to have more RB DLC.

I tried to do this but with Xbox hdds. Doesn't work well.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:19 pm

@ amak

Is it? See it was pretty much their idea really. I mean transferring your stuff to a different console. Do you really think that's going to stop people from giving there information to at least friends so they can play? No! So Sony, tell me why you would punish someone over something you thought of?

Anyway, for RB, HMX doesn't care, they just frown upon it, says HMXcj.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Releasing games? Knowing full well I can copy them and distribute them to all my friends? Why would they punish me when they know it's so easy! It was even their idea!

You're an idiot. That's all there is to it.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Slashfan, i wasnt saying it wasnt allowed, but for most content it's limited to 5 consoles (5 activations). ALL games and DLC are limited to be activated 5 times, with the exception being GH/RB/Singstar etc, DLC cause you know, people delete stuff but may want to play it later.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Are you saying this is allowed?
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Rapt0r that's not what I was getting at. I'm saying if they didn't want people sharing their stuff then they shouldn't have implemented that.

My Song Thread
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:14 pm

They implemented it as a courtesy for people that owned multiple consoles of their own so that they could use their purchased content on more than one of them. Steam games are meant to be the same way for people that have multiple computers.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 pm

This is why I don't undertsand how they can punish people for abusing it when they implemented it in the first place. I mean sure it's against the rules but if you didn't think people were going to do it then why bother wasting your time implementing it? That's what I'm trying to say. They obviously knew it was going to happen so how can they go around and punish people for it?

My Song Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”