Who here can growl?

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The J-Dawg

Who here can growl?

Postby The J-Dawg » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:56 am

I've been having a hell of a time learning to growl. I've been told that trying to growl like someone else is a big no no, so i tried just why i felt natural. Anybody got any tips?

This is where i am in growling i guess.

http://www.mediafire.com/?947adi2aa4c9es1
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Who here can growl?

Postby amak11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:33 am

I misinterpreted this as a different type of growling ;)

grrrrr
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

The Shizophrenic Kid
jaxxxson

Postby jaxxxson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 am

My dog does regularly.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Meow.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The J-Dawg

Postby The J-Dawg » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 pm

thats what Bilbo Baggins hates
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:24 pm

DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:55 pm

I can, what do you need?
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:15 am

I can only scowl, sorry
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The J-Dawg

Postby The J-Dawg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:16 am

Teach me the ways of growling like a 200 pound 13 year old girl at a justin beiber concert
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 am

The J-Dawg wrote:Teach me the ways of growling like a 200 pound 13 year old girl at a justin beiber concert

Take a breath into your lungs, just your lungs, as full as possible. Now exhale and mentally measure how much air you blew out.
Now take a breath into both your lungs and your stomach. Exhale. Notice how much more air you breathed out? This area, your diaphragm, is what you're going to use for growls, not your throat.

Tense this area up, use your closed fist above your stomach below your ribcage to feel your diaphragm get more firm. Now, push the air out and say things like "cadaveric decomposition" and "cosmic entities eviscerated" and other combinations of metal sounding words. If you're pushing right and have your screams correct, this will not hurt your throat at all. You'll feel the rugged raspiness but it won't hurt.

Practice when nobody's home, just growling the words to pop songs and stuff until you build this up.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:23 am

guide to being a total tool ^^^
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:28 pm

vedicardi wrote:guide to being a total tool ^^^

wat ;_;
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:41 pm

in a sentence: "learning" how to growl defeats the entire purpose of screaming, shouting, yelling, or any aggressive vocals; they're FAKE, you're teaching yourself to sound angry when really you're just performing a trick.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:08 pm

vedicardi wrote:in a sentence: "learning" how to growl defeats the entire purpose of screaming, shouting, yelling, or any aggressive vocals; they're FAKE, you're teaching yourself to sound angry when really you're just performing a trick.

Yeah, but it's all in the interest of the music, not the interest of being secure that you're actually angry
I mean, I love raw angry yelling and shouting and stuff but if you want to continue to be a vocalist and continue to make music you can't really wing it with gutturals unless you want to hurt yourself lol

-- Edit: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:08 pm --

vedicardi wrote:in a sentence: "learning" how to growl defeats the entire purpose of screaming, shouting, yelling, or any aggressive vocals; they're FAKE, you're teaching yourself to sound angry when really you're just performing a trick.

Yeah, but it's all in the interest of the music, not the interest of being secure that you're actually angry
I mean, I love raw angry yelling and shouting and stuff but if you want to continue to be a vocalist and continue to make music you can't really wing it with gutturals unless you want to hurt yourself lol
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:12 pm

learning how to do it without harming yourself makes sense, learning how to do it in a certain style and practicing what is essentially imitation of every other terrible deathcore vocalist is what I'm referring to. don't get the two confused. "how can i grwl gud" =/= "how can I scream/shout/whatever I want to do without destroying my vocal chords completely"

Return to “Off-Topic”