Steve Jobs is dying.

Everything else in here
This topic is 11 years and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
warhol

Steve Jobs is dying.

Postby warhol » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:58 am

May be old news, but just found out a few days ago. Quite sad he's about to kick the bucket when there's so much more to do with Apple. But who's to say whoever's to take his place will do a bad job?

Thoughts?
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
drihscol

Re: Steve Jobs is dying.

Postby drihscol » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 am

lol

apple hasn't done anything truly epic since the 80's.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

warhol

Postby warhol » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 am

Well, apple has been damn good at making things pretty, and what has any commercial entity done that was actually ground breaking this past decade?

I'd actually ask everybody to not make an "and nothing of value was lost" comment, but then it defeats the purpose of me asking for thoughts.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:57 pm

His company makes overpriced, underpowered computers.
His company makes MP3 players that are overpriced.

Sucks that dude is dying, but it's not like their products are going anywhere.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Jama7301 wrote:His company makes overpriced, underpowered computers.
His company makes MP3 players that are overpriced.

Sucks that dude is dying, but it's not like their products are going anywhere.

Well said.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I think Apple is ducked without Steve Jobs. I am in no way even remotely close to being a fan of their products (although I do like my iPod touch but I would prefer a similar device with android instead of iOS). I wonder what direction they company will head?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:07 pm

warhol wrote:Quite sad he's about to kick the bucket when there's so much more to do with Apple. But who's to say whoever's to take his place will do a bad job?

You're sad he is dying because apple products may potentially worsen?

That's...heartfelt of you!

Anyway, on the topic of him dying: It's a shame in as much as he'll probably suffer a little and noone dying is a pleasant state of affairs. Otherwise, meh.

On the topic of apple products: Not really underpowered, apple computers can do a lot more with the hardware they have than PCs. It is MS that has massively fueled the need, and therefore demand, of ever more powerful computers with it's ridiculously unoptimized OS.. And the fact that it's still not seen as fulfilling a use as a primarily gaming machine it hasn't had that same drive forward in terms of hardware.

It is however massively massively overpriced, and warhol.. Pretty? Blerggh the apple design set does nothing for me aesthetically it's the epitome of ugliness in design!
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm

I have a hunch that even tho he may pass on that Apple will continue and make an attempt to stay strong. I am also not a fan of their products but the chances of them going down the drain with the profit they make from selling there devices will almost surely keep them in business.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Rapt0r wrote:I think Apple is ducked without Steve Jobs. I am in no way even remotely close to being a fan of their products (although I do like my iPod touch but I would prefer a similar device with android instead of iOS). I wonder what direction they company will head?

I'll be interested to see this too. Jobs at least had a clear idea where he wanted to take the company, I wouldn't exactly say a vision but you get the idea. I will confess to being intrigued by the possibilities a new guy will bring to the table..
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

The circle of life continues to function. Steve Jobs will live on with his innovations and iLegacy :P

As much as i hate most of Apples hardware products and customer service. They have one of the best marketing teams that i have seen. Lets hope they still continue to deliver the HQ marketing that they always have after Steve Jobs passes
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 pm

iamsensay wrote:I will confess to being intrigued by the possibilities a new guy will bring to the table..

Dammit, now I can't wait for Dream Theater's next album. :sad: And I guess that sad face might as well be Steve Jobs, because, yeah.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Source on jobs actually confirmed dying?

Can't find much and doubt i'm so baked I forgot how to google!
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:24 pm

I think I remember seeing this in the news a week or two ago. Apparently he has like 3 months (or was it weeks? Can't remember) to live.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 pm

He has prostrate cancer or something.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Last I knew he was actually getting better then worse as reported on the news the other day after his appearance to introduce the Ipad 2.

Pancreatic cancer I think.

My Song Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”