ALWAYS BET ON DOUK

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: ALWAYS BET ON DOUK

Postby amak11 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:32 pm

It was the demo we all expected... we all drew penises on the whiteboard.. we killed that thing...drove the monster truck. it sucks as a game, but it's a 'fun' shooter not meant for the hardcore player.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:40 pm

amak11 wrote:It was the demo we all expected... we all drew penises on the whiteboard.. we killed that thing...drove the monster truck. it sucks as a game, but it's a 'fun' shooter not meant for the hardcore player.

So what you're saying is that Casual=fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(video_game)#Critical_response

sup

I said when the demo came out. There were still some people excited. Also, almost no one in this thread said anything bad about the demo.

The driving was appalling but rapt0r seemed to be enjoying it so I figured I wouldn't rain on his parade with complaints. :/
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:28 am

amak11 wrote:It was the demo we all expected... we all drew penises on the whiteboard.. we killed that thing...drove the monster truck. it sucks as a game, but it's a 'fun' shooter not meant for the hardcore player.

Don't even. Duke 3D in Lets Rock is harder and way more fun than this.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 am

lol i didnt even bother with the demo i knew itd suck. I mean really they try to take serious sam's gameplay and put a "modern edge" on it which comes down to terrible platforming puzzles and boring linear combat
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:23 am

So the verdict is it sucks and shouldn't be bought? Do I have any reason to buy it?
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am

DUKE IS YOUR REASON!
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm

ie it sucks and there is no reason to buy it
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:25 pm

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

also this is why I bought doook

DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 am

Rapt0r wrote:DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

also this is why I bought doook

[img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254896_10150216102224268_716874267_7018414_3640790_n.jpg[img]

im not worthy D:

and also, im curious as to seeing a poll in these forums rating duke from a scale of 1-5 or something like that

and i just saw my brother beat the game, that was the weakest ending ever for the amount of freakin time we had to wait for duke to return >:l

I expected the boss to be almost impossible like a normal duke game would be in the hardest difficulty, my brother said the octabrain boss was tons harder
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:21 am

Currently stuck at Octaking, I'll blame it on the two weapon limit. It'd probably be no problem if I had a shotgun or a railgun or a shrink ray to go with the devastator but nope, I'm stuck with M1911 and ripper which both suck against normal octabrains.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Kotti wrote:Currently stuck at Octaking, I'll blame it on the two weapon limit. It'd probably be no problem if I had a shotgun or a railgun or a shrink ray to go with the devastator but nope, I'm stuck with M1911 and ripper which both suck against normal octabrains.

savor that boss, its the hardest >:l
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:46 pm

I bought this.

I returned it 30 minutes later. What a total disgrace of a game and a humongous let down. Not even worth bargain bin prices, in fact, even thinking of it makes me wanna punch the creators in the groin.

Sup.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Bump from hell, I know, but I just finished DNF.

I am a big fan of Duke Nukem. I played all of the games, except the mobile versions, and including the DOS originals. I have a long history with Duke. And thus, it pains me even more when DNF isn't that good of a game. It's really just a very decent game with NOTHING out of the ordinary or worth mentioning. Even Duke's one-liners and general personality don't come across as well as they did on 3D. It's a shame, really, as the potential is there. But seriously, poop and pee jokes everywhere? Recycled one-liners from 3D with worse voice acting? Fetch quests for 2 straight levels? Oh, how the mighty has fallen.

Not everything is bad. It's just that it doesn't have too much good either. Replace Duke with Sir Allistair McShorts and you'd have the same game. It's a generic FPS with some environment interactivity, but even that is much, much less than the PS1 and N64 games. I was expecting a lot more because of the 2001 trailer, which showed a open-world Las Vegas you could actually interact with, lots of vehicles to get around in the city, the whole shebang. It didn't happen. God, I which they would have just released the 2001 version instead of changing engines. We could have it so much better.

Gearbox should just remake Duke Nukem: Zero Hour next, arguably the best Duke game ever made. I'd buy that and totally not pirate it, I swear. Next one will be better. HAIL TO THE KING, BABY.

PS: For those people with long loading times, the new patch helps immensely (from ~1 minute to 7 seconds). It also makes the Queen Biotch mission impossible if you enable 4-way inventory but, oh well.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:54 am

4 guns instead of 2 seems like such a huge improvement but I can't bring myself to play it....

Return to “Off-Topic”