The Instru-mentals Thread / NEW ALBUM OUT NOW

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
estemshorn

The Instru-mentals Thread / NEW ALBUM OUT NOW

Postby estemshorn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 pm

The Instru-mentals youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/InstrumentalsYT
The Instru-mentals Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/InstrumentalsFB

Instead of releasing a new thread every time I release a new album, you all can just b*tch about how much The Instru-mentals sucks in ONE THREAD.

Album List

The Instru-mentals (Debut Album)
The Instru-mentals - The Instru-mentals
Release Date: January 04, 2010
Label: none
Length: 33:34
Synopsis: The debut album featuring original tracks including The sound of your face and A calm.

Track List
  • 01. A Calm
  • 02. Staring at The Sun
  • 03. Da Secks
  • 04. The Sound of Your Face
  • 05. Mr. Charles Theodore Sandwich
  • 06. Shards of Glass
  • 07. (Don't Say) g2g
  • 08. Somewhat Disoriented
  • 09. Psycho-Deli
  • 10. Chocolate Bagels - Special Bonus Track

Download link: Click Here or Click on the Cover Art Above

Two Thousand and Techno
The Instru-mentals - Two Thousand and Techno
Release Date: March 14, 2010
Length: 31:56
Synopsis: The second album by the Instru-mentals, featuring 11 songs, with only one of them being pre-released

Track List
  • 01. Accidental Success
  • 02. Invader Jim
  • 03. Gumdrop Forest
  • 04. Dude, Where's my Cream Cheese?
  • 05. Just Because
  • 06. Two Thousand and Techno
  • 07. Titled
  • 08. Sometimes
  • 09. R. Peggio
  • 10. The Tale of the Rainbow Alligators
  • 11. Did you see the Muffin Man?

Or
Click Here to listen to it for free without any download

Experimental Procedures
The Instru-mentals - Experimental Procedures
Release Date:May 27, 2010
Label:none
Length:75:04
Synopsis
With a duration of over an hour, this is a pretty experimental album. It has my longest song, 11:11 (Make A Wish), and it has my lulziest songs, Donny is gay, and Donny is Gay (Trance).

Track List (click the spoilers underneath them to read information about the song)
  • 01. March of the Epic Men

Spoiler:This song is my adaptation of the musical piece entitled "March of the Minute Men", a song that we played in band. It is way different from the actual song, but the main "clarinet" line (which is actually a trumpet line in the real song) is pretty close.

• 02. Rhyme After Rhyme

Spoiler:This song was inspired by the chord progression in Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
    (which goes F, F, G, Em). Also, the reason for the many tempo changes, I finally figured out
    how to change tempo mid-song in FL Studio during the making of ths song, so i kind of got a little
    carried away with it.

• 03. Unimcomplete

Spoiler:This is actually a mashup of three different songs that were unfinished, I quickly connected them using Audacity. The songs are cba2finish, Daft Plunk, and imcomplete.

a. Cba2finish
    ---------------
    There really isn't much of an inspiration behind this one, I just was trying to make a sort of Scary/Horror-themed techno song, and I could never come up with a decent ending to it.

b. Daft Plunk
    ----------------
    As you can tell this song was HEAVILY inspired by Daft Punk, but they weren't just a little "remix" made from midis of the song. I tried somewhat to duplicate the slow organy part of Aerodynamic, but came up with a somewhat different part than the actual one. It still sounds cool. Mixed in with the arpeggio part of the same song, and an up arpeggio of the chords used in the song. Then the second part, starting at 120bpm, is the main part to Veridis Quo. I also took some liberty in transcribing this myself, so it may be different from the actual song. At the end, it's mixed back in with the Aerodynamic stuff

c. imcomplete
    ---------------
    You may be noticing the piano and bass part sound "toyish", that's because they were recorded from my keyboard playing a middle c from my microphone. One on the regular piano tone, one on a bass tone. Then they were made into this song. I also used some cut-up drum samples, re-arranged them, and there is where this part comes from

• 04. There's not going to be a next time

Spoiler:This song was just a cool song I made actually somewhat inspired by someone on youtube by the name of NewYorkOutlawz. especially the "This is an inst-inst-instrumentals" part because he uses a somewhat similar introduction. All the other parts were completely made as my own work. I also would like to say this is the last song that i made for this album, made only like a month before release.

• 05. Donny is Gay

Spoiler:There is a cool story behind this song, bro. What happened one day was Donny (known as JokerDonny on youtube) was sending me stupid sounds of him saying stuff, making dumb noises, and other stuff over msn. I was bored, so i told him "I'm gonna make a song out of all these sounds" and saved every single sound, and made a song out of it. I used a simple chord progression in this song, and a repetitive drum pattern. Also notice how often he says the phrase "eric is awesome". I intended this to happen :3

• 06. Donny is Gay (Trance)

Spoiler:Also made using the same sounds as donny is gay, but with more vocoder. This song also came out of boredom, as with most of my songs. The distorted bassy sound you here throughout the whole song is actually donny's voice, but a small snippet of it, ran through a vocoder. The gibberish you hear about a minute into the song is the combination of "I am so bored" and "Inorite it's like, uh" put together in the same vocoder thingy, it just screws up when you do it that way, and it made a cool result. Also the beatboxing done by donny was obviously sliced, sped up, and edited somewhat lol.

• 07. Techno Love Song

Spoiler:This song originally had vocals. I took them out due to SUCKAGE.

• 08. ES-9000

Spoiler:First let's start off decoding the song title. ES is the first two letters of my username, estemshorn. 9000 was used because it's EXACTLY 9000!!!!! but this wasn't really inspired by anything, it was just me experimenting, using some cutoff filters to get those weird fade-in parts

• 09. Man-A's

Spoiler:I made this with a trombone, tenor sax, strings, and drums. No, i didn't actually play it, I just used a sh*tload of samples of the instruments. This is really the ONLY song I've ever made without the use of generators. Overall, it's a pretty beast song. maybe a little bit too repetitive, but still beast.

• 10. I didn't do it, my noodles did

Spoiler:Not really much meaning behind the title, just something thought up on the spot while saving it. This is more of an electronic/8bit song, especially the main part.

• 11. 11:11 (Make A Wish)

Spoiler:I know I'm not the first person to make a song 11 minutes and 11 seconds long, in fact lots of bands have. But this was inspired by my exgirlfriend somewhat (who was my girlfriend at the time), because both me and her were into the whole "make a wish at 11:11" thing. I suggested we made a song, both of us singing, about 11:11 that was exactly 11 minutes and 11 seconds long. Well, the concept was the same, except she has no part in this song. But really this song, it was completely improvised. The music part, I just went along and started from scratch, and made it 11 minutes long. The singing was also completely improvised, some parts you can tell. I wish i could re-record it, but i cba. Also, some things show the length as 11:12. I cannot facking fix this. Deal with it.

• 12. Techno is My Life

Spoiler:At first, I was just playing with samples in FL studio, and slices. Then I made a whole song out of it, with just voices and drums. Then I decided to add actual music to it, and added on to the drums with lots of generators and stuff. Then I decided that the Voices ruined the other part, and that it should just be instrumental. so I took out the voices, leaving it instrumental. And that's how this track came to be.

• 13. Chopsticks Techno

Spoiler:Title explains it all, a techno version of Chopsticks.

• 14. I'll be Fine

Spoiler:The piano part to this song was made fooling around on my piano. The "lyrics" which never got sung were written about how I would eventually get over the break-up between me and my ex-girlfriend. They were about how that I'd be just fine without her, and she shouldn't have to worry about it. It's about how even though I'll be fine, I still loved her, and lost her, you just have to learn to get over it. Keep in mind, this was along time ago lol.

• 15. This is Persia

Spoiler:The first song made for this album, actually made before Two Thousand and Techno was released. The title obviously is a "spoof" of This is SPARTAAAA, only with sparta changed to persia.

• 16. The Game(boy)

Spoiler:An Incredibly 8-bit song. I've come to notice this song is so high-pitched that it can be heard through my headphones, even when it's quiet. The title comes from the fact that it sounds really 8-bit, and I wanted you to lose xD

• 17. Never Say Forever

Spoiler:Another song inspired by my exgirlfriend. Especially the title. It got me thinking, after we broke up, that nothing lasts forever. Even if two people were to get married, one of them will eventually die before the other. Everybody dies. There is nothing that lasts forever in this world, so people saying "i love you forever" and sh*t like that, it's stupid. Because nothing lasts forever, not even love. This also supports my atheist side, if you want to think about it like that, christians think that the after-life lasts forever, and this song is basically against that too. Notice that this song kind of conflicts with another song on my next album, entitled "Forever is Not Long Enough". Meaning I do believe in this so-called "forever" but whatever :P

Or

Death From Boredom
Release Date:July 24, 2010
Label:still none
Length:41:59
Synopsis
The Instru-mentals Fourth Album, featuring 13 songs.
  • 01. Sometimes I wonder
  • 02. Woody
  • 03. Donny is a Registered Sex Offender (Featuring Donny)
  • 04. I've Never
  • 05. Forever is Not Long Enough
  • 06. Space Monster
  • 07. Voxular
  • 08. Take On Me (Instru-mentals Remix)
  • 09. A Good Attempt at a Bad Song
  • 10. Robot Party
  • 11. Irape
  • 12. Trapped in a Deadly Thunderstorm
  • 13. Bonus Track

Or

The Beast of Techno
(NO ALBUM ART CAUSE I NEVER MADE IT LOL)
Release Date:October 31st 2010
Label:lolnone
Length:35:05
Synopsis: 2112.
  • 01. The Beast Awakens
  • 02. The Beast's Theme
  • 03. The Beast Causes Havoc
  • 04. Eric's Theme
  • 05. I Discover The Beast
  • 06. The Battle - Movement One
  • 07. The Battle - Movement Two
  • 08. The Conquering of The Beast
  • 09. Defeat
  • 10. The Overturning of Powers
  • 11. The Discovery of Powers
  • 12. The Mastery of Powers
  • 13. I am The Beast

Download link: Click Here

The Wat EP
Release Date: March 5, 2011
Label: STILL NONE GOSH DANG IT
Length: long
Synopsis: Wat

Track List

• 1. Intro (watsamples/Instru-mau5)
  • 2. Sexy Times at My House
  • 3. And You Said No
  • 4. Death Salad
  • 5. A song that is so miserable that even i can admit its suckage
  • 6. I just dinked my motherboard in orange juice, and now I can't make beautiful music anymore (this song only works on april fools day) {okay, it works every other day too}
  • 7. Pew! Dirnt (Instru-mentals Remix)
  • 8. It's Not So Bad After All
  • 9. Lick My Ass and Call me a Lollipop
  • 10. В самом деле, я очень скучно, N я, наконец, ставлю его на NспользованNе
  • 11. Happy Days
  • 12. Outro (Lemon Party/Duck my sick)
  • 13. I wumbo'd you a song (extended version)

Or

Tales of an Eighth Grade Nothing
Release Date: June 9th, 2011
Length: 30:59
Synopsis: More songs by The Instru-mentals

Track List

• 01. Deadly Neurotoxins
  • 02. Smoother than Satan
  • 03. You are Awesome
  • 04. Loathers Gonna Loathe
  • 05. Tales of an Eighth Grade Nothing (Album Version)
  • 06. Forever Alone
  • 07. Ode to Whores
  • 08. Wish This Day Wouldn't End
  • 09. Attack of the Dubstep
  • 10. Techno is The World
  • 11. Rev Up Those Fryers
  • 12. Sonic 2 Final Boss Cover
  • 13. Quadratic Formula Rap (Bonus Track)

Un-Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What software do you use to make music?

A. I use Image-Line Fruityloops Studio (FL Studio) 9.0.1 Signature Bundle (also known as XXL)

Q. What kind of hardware do you use? i.e. Mics, Midi Instruments

A. I recently got a midi keyboard for christmas. It is the Alesis Q25 USB/MIDI Keyboard controller. I use a simple logitech mic for vocals (like the rock band one only white)

Q. What kind of computer do you use to make this music?

A. I have two different computers. One is my sh*tty laptop (Sager NP4020 a.k.a the D400S) which i don't really use anymore and one is my dad's BEAST desktop, which I forget the exact model of, but it's beast. I use it for almost everything.

Q. Why did you start using FL Studio?

A. There's actually a story behind it. I was watching keatonkeaton999's videos on youtube and I looked at one of his that said how to make his sparta remix using "windows music maker", which someone in the comments said "lolno, that's FL Studio" curious as to what it was, I googled it, and downloaded the demo of it. And that's how I became so fond of it. This was back in 2008 by the way.

Q. Do you have any old music not present on these albums?

A. Yes, but most of them are lost. Only about 3 of them are lurking on my youtube. Rockin Techno, Moldy Toastehs, and Erkelasuarus Rex (yes, I did come up with stupider names back then). The rest are long gone and are not of existence anymore.

Q. Why Techno?

A. I don't know really, it sort of just came upon me to make techno with this.

Q. lrn2realinstruments

A. I actually would love to be in a real band, but do not have the money to fix my drums or buy new drums right now.

Q. Why are you making these available for free?

A. A couple reasons. The first reason being that I want people to listen to them, the easiest way to do that would be to just allow them to have the album for free. The second reason is because I don't think too many people like my music enough to actually go out and buy a copy of an album.

Q. Why the name Instru-mentals?

A. I honestly do not remember why I chose that name. I think it was because back then all of my music was instrumental, and 90% of it now still is, and I couldn't just use The Instrumentals as I'm sure that name is taken by other peoples, so I made it unique haha. Also, before the Instru-mentals, I was known as AD/HD and My Bum Hurts. :P

Q. You suck.

A. That's not a question ya dingus.
Last edited by estemshorn on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
Rapt0r

Re: The Instru-mentals Thread / DISCOGRAPHY ON TPB NOW

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Oh boy. I'll be sure to seed this.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 pm

You do know this means you have to make a new torrent every time you release another 'album' right?
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Metallicaholic666 wrote:You do know this means you have to make a new torrent every time you release another 'album' right?

yeah.

but I'll also release the new albums on mediafire for those who already downloaded the discography lol
Image Image
Image Image

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm

I'll stray from my usual bashing and say that I'll actually be looking forward to the new album if it's all like the Wumbo song.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 am

is this the 5th thread you've made?
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 am

vedicardi wrote:is this the 5th thread you've made?

More probably.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:07 am

Spoiler:Another song inspired by my exgirlfriend. Especially the title. It got me thinking, after we broke up, that nothing lasts forever. Even if two people were to get married, one of them will eventually die before the other. Everybody dies. There is nothing that lasts forever in this world, so people saying "i love you forever" and sh*t like that, it's stupid. Because nothing lasts forever, not even love. This also supports my atheist side, if you want to think about it like that, christians think that the after-life lasts forever, and this song is basically against that too. Notice that this song kind of conflicts with another song on my next album, entitled "Forever is Not Long Enough". Meaning I do believe in this so-called "forever" but whatever :P

man you really know how to keep me laughing

-- Edit: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 am --

and you interview yourself hahahaha
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
I'm in your closet.
Heka Adonis 69

Postby Heka Adonis 69 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 am

[sarcasm]Last.fm maybe? You would sure get a lot of fans.[/sarcasm]

@FB
"93 people like this."
How much did you pay for them?

And anyways, just upload everything to MediaFire, torrents suck.
HekaAdonis69 and Fristi61 present...
one of the best metal-hero's out there...
genres vary from symphonic power to Norwegian black...
gathering up more than 130 awesome, originally fretted songs...
introducing some of the hardest drum-charts ever...
and a retarded advertise on one's signature...

HA69 & Henk's Ultimate Metal-Journey

Everything mentioned above and even still, MUCH MORE! Check it out!

********** MUSIC BY ME **********
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:59 am

vedicardi wrote:man you really know how to keep me laughing

i try, man. I try.
Image Image
Image Image

warhol

Postby warhol » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:50 am

Lovely. It's the beast of techno.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 am

warhol wrote:Lovely. It's the beast of techno.

UNLEASH THE BEAST

My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 pm

lul, new album art for you to hate on.

Image Image
Image Image

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 am