X360 Racing Wheel Recommendations

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Choose Your Destiny
Denny8303

X360 Racing Wheel Recommendations

Postby Denny8303 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey guys, i just got a quick question for you all, maybe you can help me out. I've been getting into Forza 3 lately on the X360 and while it's fun playing it, i think to better the experience would be to get a racing wheel. I've priced a couple out and the only two really available is the X360 Wireless Racing Wheel made by Microsoft which is like $130 and the Madcatz Racing Wheel which is like $100 and it just got me thinking. Is there a cheaper alternative? I mean $100+ for one controller is outrageous in my mind. I'd just like a good solid racing wheel, nothing fancy. So i figured I'd plug the community and see if there was a cheaper alternative out there, like maybe a PC racing wheel that'll work or something. Any help is always appreciated.
I have special eyes
Belisario93

Re: X360 Racing Wheel Recommendations

Postby Belisario93 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 pm

$100 is about the cheapest you could get if you were buying a brand new wheel, on any platform. However, even at $100 you won't be getting anything very good. I don't own a 360, but from what I've read it's pretty limited in terms of wheels. If you want a good quality wheel (good force feedback, less likely to break, etc.) you're probably going to be spending at least $160 on a Fanatec wheel for the 360.

I do recommend getting a better wheel than just the bottom of the line, as good force feedback, etc. means all the difference in the world. You won't get near as realistic of a feel (though you're playing Forza so I guess that's not what you're aiming for) if you use a lower end wheel. However, this is just coming from a hard-core sim driver. For the casual racer, the lower-end wheels should do.
dangit nobby

Return to “Off-Topic”