Mega Man Legends 3

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Mega Man Legends 3

Postby timfoss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 pm

So, apparently Capcom has finally confirmed that they are working on the 3rd Mega Man Legends game! It's been nearly 10 years since the last one (2) came out, and Keiji Inafune finally convinced Capcom to allow him to start working on a 3rd installment of this amazing series.

Inafune stated at comic-con that he wants the community's help in this game. He says that for a game like this he wants it to be a game built specially for the fans, to include everything the fans think should be in this game.

The only bad point I can see so far is it's going to be for the 3DS, which will mean the game isn't going to be a super long console game, or have an amazing graphics boost. Also DLC will be limited.

Source
Rapt0r

Re: Mega Man Legends 3

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:38 pm

No DLC is good. That means they have to get it right the first time. Also, the 3DS can, and has been proven, to be able to produce excellent graphics. Also, since when have handheld not had the ability to be long? Also, you're forgetting that "super long console game" is only about 6 hours long anymore.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Rapt0r wrote:No DLC is good. That means they have to get it right the first time. Also, the 3DS can, and has been proven, to be able to produce excellent graphics. Also, since when have handheld not had the ability to be long? Also, you're forgetting that "super long console game" is only about 6 hours long anymore.

I haven't kept up with the news on the 3DS. From what I've seen it just looks like a DS Lite that has 3D.

if I recall correctly, DS games can be a MAX of 1 gig, which means a game packed full of side quests and hidden dungeons like the fans of the game really want and such won't be possible, at least not to the extent that it should be. On a console release you would have at least another 3.7 gigs to work with. Also, playing on a screen that's smaller than my fist vs a big screen HDTV is unappealing.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:04 pm

if you don't know anything about it then don't post seriously
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Rapt0r

bs

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:11 pm

>DS game limit
>1 gig

NOPE.

Also, from what you said, the only info you have is a picture of what the 3DS looks like. It's an entirely new handheld with new hardware. Look into something for 5 seconds because you open your mouth and act like you know everything.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Re: bs

Postby timfoss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 pm

vedicardi wrote:if you don't know anything about it then don't post seriously

Nope, still gonna post.

Rapt0r wrote:>DS game limit
>1 gig

NOPE.

Also, from what you said, the only info you have is a picture of what the 3DS looks like. It's an entirely new handheld with new hardware. Look into something for 5 seconds because you open your mouth and act like you know everything.

YUP. Looked it up. DS cards are 1 gig.

I have looked into it, from what I can tell there's no huge additions to it besides the 3D. What else is there?
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Wow, you really are retarded.

There is at least one DS game that is 2gb.

Also, you really didn't look very hard at all.

http://jamiegore.files.wordpress.com/20 ... =480&h=480
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Timfloss is an idiot, but are there really DS games that are 2gibs? I'm not arguing, I'd simply like to see this. The biggest game I've downloaded was Pokemon White and that was like 256mbs or something.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:24 pm

It's some japanese only TBS if I recall.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:03 am

It's an RPG, but yes, there is a 2GB DS game in development
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm

It's all about scaling tim!

Consoles may have larger capacity discs but they don't necessarily store more information, they store larger information. Unless you are literally porting a DS quality game over to something like the xbox and putting it on a disc, its not like there'd be a big difference between the two as to what stores more. If the game were made for the 360/ps3 it would likely make use of the space for prettier graphics, the textures would be bigger things like this.

You can have a HUGE game on a DS and this is a fact.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm

It really depends how they use the DS' resources. Any game company can make a long game with good graphics if they use their resources good enough. For example, .kkrieger is a freeware FPS for PC that uses only 98kb to run. It's because the creators created an engine that makes great use of code to create models and animations without actually having to load pre-rendered models. The game isn't GREAT by any means, but it shows what can be done.

The 3DS is no different.

timfoss wrote:The only bad point I can see so far is it's going to be for the 3DS, which will mean the game isn't going to be a super long console game, or have an amazing graphics boost. Also DLC will be limited.
Source

Have you seen the trailer video for the 3DS? The games look amazing. Look at Resident Evil 5 for proof. And it can definitely look better than it's Playstation predecessors.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:32 pm

It's easily on par (or better) with GameCube and many GameCube games look damn good even today.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:31 am

Rapt0r wrote:It's easily on par (or better) with GameCube and many GameCube games look damn good even today.

Oh please.

Show me a gamecube game with DAMN GOOD graphics BY TODAYS STANDARDS. Such a thing belongs in the realms of fantasists, dreamers and fanatics.
dey see me trollin
mitch951

Postby mitch951 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:09 am

derp zelda games

always remember, graphics make the games kids.

Return to “Off-Topic”