Cartoon/Anime Character Suggestions

Everything else in here
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Cartoon/Anime Character Suggestions

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:12 am

This is really going to be more for me then it is for you, but hopefully you'll help me out anyway. I'm trying to really work on my digital painting skills(and sort of my drawing skills also in the process), the problem is anytime I go to paint(or draw) I can never think of what I should paint. So I want everyone of you that wants, to give me some suggestions of what characters I should paint. Think of your favorite toon characters (American or Japanese, it doesn't matter). Even if someone has already said the character you were going to suggest, go ahead and post it as it'll make picking them easier.

This is optional, but you can also tell me a little bit about why YOU like the character so much, and which incarnation(if applicable) of them you like the most(like how Batman has a lot of different versions in comics, shows, and movies), this may also help me with choosing poses and settings to put them in.

This can actually extend beyond my purposes for this too, maybe it'll give others some new shows or books to check out(myself included) ^_^.

P.S. Comic book and manga specific characters work too :).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: Cartoon/Anime Character Suggestions

Postby vedicardi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:18 am

That's easy

Tsuruya, Queen of Internet

Why, you ask?

Easy

** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:43 am

LMAO, you didn't even have to post, I was already like "If Vedi sees this he's gunna say 'tsuruya'".

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Maartah

Postby Maartah » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:09 am

Broly, his power is maximum.

But for some serious characters, here's some I like from anime. I took some I like with rather distinctive looks, because the next rnadom highschool student can't be that appealing to draw, now matter how interesting the character is.

Nadie from El Cazador~. Not your standard big boobed good for nothing female character that you often see in certain anime genres.
Rally from Gunsmith Cats, asme reason + I really like that 90s look.
Guts from Berserk. One badass motherfcker, awesome weapon.
I forgot the name, but the scientist from Stink Bomb looks kinda funny, and the short he's in basically is all about him being turned into a bioweapon.

If you want to try some western characters, I'd basically suggest superheroes. The comicbook ones, they mostly look a lot better than the cartoon ones.

good luck, and post your progress!
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:18 am

Maartah wrote:Broly, his power is maximum.

But for some serious characters...

DBZ=not serious? I actually enjoy drawing DBZ characters because they have ridiculous amounts of detail on them without looking ugly(imo)

I actually did a speed painting of Goku recently:
http://graphics-pp.deviantart.com/#/d2zrj98

I still have some work to do on proportions, but I can't practice if I don't know what to practice. This is the reason for asking for everyone's help :D.

Anyways, I'll check out the characters you've mentioned, aside from Broly I haven't heard of any of them.

P.S. DBZ is still my all time favorite action anime, I don't care what anyone says o.-

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Ambiguity wrote:LMAO, you didn't even have to post, I was already like "If Vedi sees this he's gunna say 'tsuruya'".

Do it do it do it!
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:02 pm

The main cast from Cowboy Bebop.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Pyrokinesis

Postby Pyrokinesis » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Kishimoto from Gantz
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:56 pm

konata lol
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:35 pm

"Liek, You shewld draw my luvz Sephirot cuz he's liek, OMG So Evil and at the same time liek he knows how to take care of his hair and yeah. He's liek Awsum!"

But in all seriousness I think you should try Mio Akiyama
Imagemah waifu :3

or, every character from No More Heroes

Spoiler:Image

Or, If you don't mind more Vidya Related Stuff
Draw him! You know you want to.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 pm

you guys suck
Iherduliekmudkipz
_filipe_

Postby _filipe_ » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Vegeta Super Saiyan 2 would be a nice one. With his clothes from DBGT :)

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 pm

vedicardi wrote:you guys suck

Bawww. What do you care? You already said Tsururya.

Well, ok. I know. What about: Churuya :3
LOL
KenshinHimuraRK

Postby KenshinHimuraRK » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Doc Savage.
Boris Vallejo style.

Spoiler:Image

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Now that I think of it, for american stuff draw Roscharch. Seriously, draw him, and make it a gif so the spots on his mask move :P
For more anime, draw stuff from The Fist of the North Star. It has some pretty cool designs.

Return to “Off-Topic”