Drum Set :O

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Re: Drum Set :O

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:15 pm

neostriker73 wrote:Ok lets get the confusion out, I know something that you have to buy, based on my terms. $1,399.97 drum set REDUCED to $599.99 at Guitar Center :O

Drum Set

When did I ever say I was getting the sound percussion kit. I really have no idea what you are trying to say. ...........and that kit is 100 dollars cheaper at Musician's Friend, last time I checked. My budget is $610 dollars. The Ludwig is $489. I will have around 120 dollars left over if I buy it. I will either use that extra money to upgrade the Ludwig, OR I will use it to help buy the keyboard player in my band an amp, because she doesn't have one. This is all assuming I don't find a drum set at a pawnshop today. If I DO, it will probably cost around the same as the Ludwig.

EDIT: And yes, I wasn't planning on being the only one spending money on the amp. The bassist is going to try to get some money too.
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Ok, it's your choice, all I'm saying is, you should maybe combine the money with the keyboard player AND the bassist, (if he decides to) to buy the amp, so you still have around maybe 60 to 80 dollars after the Ludwig, and maybe youcan upgrade the kit.
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:19 pm

neostriker73 wrote:Ok, it's your choice, all I'm saying is, you should maybe combine the money with the keyboard player to buy the amp, so you still have around maybe 60 to 80 dollars after the Ludwig, and maybe yo ucan upgrade the kit.

Well, I don't need to upgrade it too much. All I need to buy right now is a new hi-hat clutch and a cymbal stand. Everything else I have is fine. My ride cymbal sucks, though, and I'd like a new one, but I can wait til christmas for that.

I'm not too worried about the amp. The bassist needs a new amp anyway, so he might buy a PA system or something the keyboard player can use too. And the three of us can all contribute money (yes, our band consists of a drummer, bassist, and keyboardist xD).
Last edited by doomtron on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Ok its summed up now:

1. Buy the Ludwig kit for $489
2. Combine money with the band members to buy the keyboard amp
3. Upgrade kit with the leftover money.

And also, you shouldn't add stuff if some of your other stuff sucks, I would recommend first getting a new ride cymbal, THEN see if you can add other things like hi-hat clutches, etc.

ImageImage

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:26 pm

neostriker73 wrote:Ok its summed up now:

1. Buy the Ludwig kit for $489
2. Combine money with the band members to buy the keyboard amp
3. Upgrade kit with the leftover money.

And also, you shouldn't add stuff if some of your other stuff sucks, I would recommend first getting a new ride cymbal, THEN see if you can add other things like hi-hat clutches, etc.

Well, the clutch and stand are more important than the ride. My clutch makes my good Zildjian New Beat hi hat sound awful. And I need a new cymbal stand because one of my crash stands consists of a broken straight stand tied to a broken hi-hat stand, so that's a big priority right now :P And your list there is what I was planning to do in the first place.

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:28 pm

OH I thought you just needed to add those things, never knew they were broken :P. ANyways you decide what you're gonna do.

ImageImage

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:31 pm

neostriker73 wrote:OH I thought you just needed to add those things, never knew they were broken :P. ANyways you decide what you're gonna do.

Yes. My current drum set is awful. Most of the original hardware was just horrible. I've replaced all of it except that stand. My hi-hat stand is good (Tama), but the clutch it came with is bad and I need a drop-clutch anyways because I play double bass.

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Oh and my drum set is this. I got it when it was on sale for $2000 ( Been saving for 7 years)

ImageImage

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Heh. That's the same double pedal I have. I dunno. I don't like the feel of electronic drums. I like the heads, but the cymbals bug me.

EDIT: Okay, the pawn shops had nothing. I'm getting the Ludwig (hopefully) on Wednesday xD

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Whatever kit you get, for god's sake, make sure it has a ride bell. Playing Rock/Metal without a ride bell and still making it sound good is a major pain in the ass.

EDIT

Just read a bit, just so you know, that ludwig doesn't come with any of the cymbals shown in the pics. it's simply the shells for the snare, toms, and bass drum, and mounts.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 pm

timfoss wrote:Whatever kit you get, for god's sake, make sure it has a ride bell. Playing Rock/Metal without a ride bell and still making it sound good is a major pain in the ass.

EDIT

Just read a bit, just so you know, that ludwig doesn't come with any of the cymbals shown in the pics. it's simply the shells for the snare, toms, and bass drum, and mounts.

Yes I know. Just so you know, I've been playing drums for a little over three years :tongue: I know what ride bells and shell packs are.

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:35 pm

doomtron wrote:
timfoss wrote:Whatever kit you get, for god's sake, make sure it has a ride bell. Playing Rock/Metal without a ride bell and still making it sound good is a major pain in the ass.

EDIT

Yes I know. Just so you know, I've been playing drums for a little over three years :tongue: I know what ride bells and shell packs are.

Keep in mind who you were talking to, General asspie.
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:52 pm

doomtron wrote: (yes, our band consists of a drummer, bassist, and keyboardist xD).

what are you trying to be, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:19 pm

ThickAsABrick wrote:
doomtron wrote: (yes, our band consists of a drummer, bassist, and keyboardist xD).

what are you trying to be, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

More like Frank Zappa: Heavy Doom-Metal Jazz-Rhythm-Section Edition.

We just decided we would rather have a keyboardist than a guitarist, because guitarists are arseholes :PPPPPPPP Especially all the ones out here.

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:42 am

Metallicaholic666 wrote:Keep in mind who you were talking to, General asspie.

**** off. Some people don't read the description of what actually comes in the package carefully and buy off the pics. Just trying to help.

Return to “Off-Topic”