Vindictus

Everything else in here
abloobloo
RedShadow

Vindictus

Postby RedShadow » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:04 am

Hi, guys. I don't know if some of you already know. But there's an actual cool MMORPG that just got in Open Beta.
The combat is a sort of Hack N' Slash, the game itself looks beautiful.

This video got me all pumped up.

What do you think?

Also I got 2 extra keys when I registered mine, Anyone interested?
Maybe you can get another 2 and gift them to someone else, etc etc.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: Vindictus

Postby acrox999 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:59 am

I got the CB key but damn, it block other regiions besides NA. It looks cool though.

BTW, its not in open beta yet. :P I can't wait to see if the OB give access to the whole world.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:54 am

I've been following Mabinogi Heroes (Vindictus) since it was announced. What I'm waiting to see is how long it will take for them to localize MHXE. So many people have gone from MH to the XE version so I don't see any reason why not to localize that instead. I mean seriously, XE supports more combos, faster gameplay, and aerial combat (jumping and slashing while in the air). From what I've seen Vindictus is just the regular Mabinogi Heroes localized for NA. Maybe by episode 2 or 3 XE will be localized since it only came out in July. I just wish I had a computer that could play the game (curse you GMA950!!!!).
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:14 am

I've seen a lot of talk about this on /v/ but just blew it off as another MMO. That actually looks somewhat interesting since it actually has what looks to be a decent fighting mechanic (not hurrderrr pressing NUMBERS). Invite plz?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:22 am

acrox999 wrote:I got the CB key but damn, it block other regiions besides NA.

bah, it looks like a fun fighting system, I'd like to see how it works with equipment/quest/community (basically everything besides the fighting)
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:28 am

God damn, why did I look into this game now? I hate mmos. Why does this one actually look good and FREE. From what I've read on the site, the only thing that isn't free are cosmetic changes but honestly, who would pay for that? I can't see it staying like that.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 am

There are dozens of successful korean MMOs that use this pricing model so I don't see why not
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:36 am

It just seems weird they can make any kind of profit like this. Is there some kinda in game advertising too? Eh, guess I'm too used to the world of Kotick.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 am

The pricing model for this is most likely going to be just like Mabinogi NA. Once it is full release you'll be able to buy premium character cards which unlocks at least 15 more choices per category of customization (eyes, face, hair, and outfit styles) upon creation of a new character. You're also most likely going to be limited to one character unless you buy another card.

Also Raptor, if I remember you don't really like the whole lobby/instance games. Well, every dungeon/battlefield in this is instanced because of the destructive environments.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Awww instances ):
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I figured it would be. Also, when have I ever said I didn't like those kind of games? Those are the best! It's the only way (currently) to have actual decent games. Huge worlds with thousands of players everywhere can not be influenced by the actions of the players.

Guild Wars is the same way as this and that game is damn fun.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:51 pm

I agree with Rapt0r on the instances thing somewhat, and I believe Dungeon Heroes uses a similar instance system.

Reason I only agree somewhat: Sure, other people might be lurking around to kill your boar or something, but at the very least you know that the game is populated, which means an easier time to find parties and whatnot.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:55 pm

I figure this is like Guild Wars where the towns are people everywhere and serve as lobbies for finding parties and poop.

I have one extra key if anyone wants one.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:12 pm

I want to try this game out. It looks fukkan awesome.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm wondering what ever happened to Dragon Nest that Nexon promised us at E3. I played the korean offline-single player demo and that was extremely fun. I want to play the full localized version.

And yes Raptor, that's exactly what the game is like. I think there might be mounts as well but they're only cosmetic and only for in town, and they cost NX. I think it's this, if not then it's probably C9.

Return to “Off-Topic”