Band Shirts You Own

Everything else in here
This topic is 4 months and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Derp
slashfan7964

Re: Band Shirts You Own

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 pm

vedicardi wrote:
Metallicaholic666 wrote:
vedicardi wrote:how the hell would you get a shirt with ride the lightning on it in 83

thing is they are still selling these shirts, they're everywhere, they are certainly not tour shirts

idunnolol Let me check the year on it.

Crap, its faded.

The one like it now has the Kill Em All on the front and the dude on the electric chair on the back.

This one is the opposite. Its not truly a misprint, but its weird to have something Ride The Lightning related on a Kill Em All shirt.

http://www.80stees.com/products/Metalli ... -shirt.asp

if it's this one then it's bootleg and not from 83 for sure, even if it's a misprint. this shirt was never around until far past 83, like 85-89 maybe. earliest I can find is 1999

beyond that slashfan's story can't be true because album art for albums are always done after the album itself is finished, not WAY before. RTL was recorded in winter 84 and not even released until the summer of said year. it's just not possible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/METALLICA-Vintage-S ... _MC_Shirts

THIS is the kill em all tour tshirt

Also remember that the guy in the electric chair isn't even the real cover of RTL

http://cgi.ebay.com/METALLICA-Vintage-S ... _MC_Shirts

here we have a REAL RTL shirt

-- Edit: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:43 pm --

side note I bought a souls of black testament shirt with the 2008 tour dates for $12

No, RTL's on the front, KEA is on the back. As fake as what I said sounds, it's not. I've seen the sh*t he owns.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 am

Iron Maiden - These Colours Don't Run
Iron Maiden - Killers
Iron Maiden - California
Iron Maiden - Final Frontier World Tour '10 (Wicker Man/Brave New World)
Megadeth - Youthanasia Tour '95
Black Sabbath - Reunion Tour '99
Metallica - Master of Puppets ('93)
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Don't Tread on Me
Choking Victim - Crack Rock Steady
Slayer - Soldiers/Skulls (I dunno how to describe it)
Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

I'd really like a Rush shirt...
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:48 am

the ORIGINAL RTL cover or just the guy in the chair?

and regardless it's impossible that it was made in 83. If at all it'd be from a 85 tour... but not even that is possible since the misprint he said was that the front was on the back, not that they had the wrong album art (which is what you implied saying that elektra sued because the album art was put on the shirt). That would mean that there would be shirts with the kill 'em all ALBUM art on the front and the original RTL ALBUM art on the back. those don't exist either. I don't think you understand what I'm saying about the difference between the guy in the electric chair and the actual art off of the RTL album. It's a very important aspect of the legitimacy of this shirt.

he has a camera. if it has the actual ALBUM art of RTL on the front and KEA on the back I'll believe your absolutely insane story, but if it's just the guy electrocuted in the chair then it's a misprint of a crappy post 80s shirt
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:05 am

Interesting that this topic was made 'cause I'm going to stock up on a few tomorrow(I think) at my brother's job.

All I have right now is a Dethklok shirt(from a fake tour) and a Trivium shirt("Down From The Sky" from their first tour for Shogun).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:13 am

vedicardi wrote:
he has a camera. if it has the actual ALBUM art of RTL on the front and KEA on the back I'll believe your absolutely insane story, but if it's just the guy electrocuted in the chair then it's a misprint of a crappy post 80s shirt

It is an 80's shirt. I didn't buy it myself and 99% of my metallica shirts (with the exception of the World Magnetic tour) were purchased in the 80's (KEA, RTL, AJFA) When I get home from school I will take a picture of both sides. It has the Kill em All album cover on the back and the glow in the dark electrocuted guy in the chair on the front (I just noticed it was glow in the dark)
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:22 am

vedicardi wrote:

Actually, no =P. He doesn't even have a cell phone. I bet there would be some way to get a pic of it though.

Yes, the whole cover is on the front. That's why Elektra sued because they didn't want it getting out so quick. The idea for the shirt your talking about was what they originally had planned for the T-shirt. The comapny making the shirts **** it up and Elektra sued. It was later fixed and was printed as you said.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 am

just saying band shirt topic. But that one's ancient.

I'm not a big fan of band shirts, I only got this one (which I do like a lot)

yeah looks crappy, first pic I found of it.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:59 am

Oh haha I never found that thread.

-- Edit: August 24th, 2010, 9:34 am --

Sorry they are so dark. Sh*tty camera.

Aerosmith - Boston
AC/DC - Black Ice
Metallica - Pushead (Dark Version)
Iron Maiden - Killers
AC/DC - Back in Black
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
AC/DC - Highway to Hell FRONT ------- BACK

My Song Thread
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:
vedicardi wrote:

Actually, no =P. He doesn't even have a cell phone. I bet there would be some way to get a pic of it though.

Code: Select all

ANOMALY DETECTED

I've seen the sh*t he owns.

He doesn't even have a cell phone. I bet there would be some way to get a pic of it though.

Might I inquire as to how you have seen it if he doesn't have anyway to take pictures? Either way, this is wrong because I've seen his Facebook. He has pictures of his room, his self, etc. He has a camera of some sort.

Code: Select all

Press any key to purge of bullsht.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:22 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:
vedicardi wrote:

Uhhh... wat

How would you know? And I do by the way, and an actual camera.
derp.
EDIT:
I just saw your ebay things. Mine are none of those. The one on top is similar.
I took pictures of both sides, and made sure the tag was visible on the front of the shirt. The original dimensions of each image was in the thousands, so I shrunk both to fit onto one small image. If you want the originals vedi, ill PM them to you.
Its the reverse of the 1999 one, not a "crappy reprint"
Last edited by Metallicaholic666 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Take PICS! You said so yourself, you and an actual camera.

herp.
COUNTERPOINT

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:34 pm

I wasn't talking about Tallica, I was talking about my friends dad.

My Song Thread
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 pm

aander91 wrote:Take PICS! You said so yourself, you and an actual camera.

herp.

check out my edit above your post

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Thats what my friends dad has. That shirt right there.

My Song Thread
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:10 pm

OH, that shirt! Yeah I have that too.
COUNTERPOINT

Return to “Off-Topic”