Possible freedom for PS3?

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Possible freedom for PS3?

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:56 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/ps-jailbreak ... 1848.phtml

I'm interested to see if this is legit or not.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Possible freedom for PS3?

Postby amak11 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Im against system hacking, #1 reason I got the PS3.

I see from the video it looks legit. I cant wait to see the first kid who gets his system banned from PSN for hacking and playing back up games.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm

there is no precedent for hacked consoles or banning them so to assume sony could detected a hacked console is pretty out there
if you're against system hacking DON'T HACK YOUR CONSOLE. it's no reason to buy a console
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 pm

amak11 wrote:Im against system hacking, #1 reason I got the PS3.

How would that be an argument for buying any console? You only hack it if you want, it isn't an obligation.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Hacking a game for non cheating purposes, such as using custom content shouldn't be something to consider unethical. And if you aren't using any game hacks online, there's no reason for Sony to get angry other than the fact that their security measures failed. The best part of this is that there are no hardware/software changes made to the console or its OS, so it will leave the console in a clean condition when the dongle isn't used and there should be no possible threat to using the console online when the console is running normally. The only thing I could think of as a possible problem is if Sony started checking a console log to see the last time it ran in debug mode or something.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm

raynebc wrote:there's no reason for Sony to get angry other than the fact that their security measures failed.

Well, there is one other reason... modchips allow you to play pirated games. Sony's going to look at this, and see all the game sales they could (potentially) lose because people are pirating their games instead of buying them. Otherwise, I agree. Modding a console to allow greater freedom of use for homebrew, or to keep your game discs safe, etc. is a good thing. But once you start pirating stuff, you start ticking off the manufacturer.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Im not against hombrew, but this is a open door for Piracy. Sony would probly have it patched before the next MAJOR firmware is released anyways.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:33 pm

The sad thing is that these idiots are publishing these mods, allowing them to be patched much easier, the mod makes should be much smarter and should not publish their mods, it's just ruining their hard work, I think all these good piracy mods and homebrew should be found out privately. -.-
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:36 pm

amak11 wrote:Im not against hombrew, but this is a open door for Piracy. Sony would probly have it patched before the next MAJOR firmware is released anyways.

That might not be possible, since the debug mode hack is apparently one of Sony's back doors into the console. They might be able to make it harder to get into debug mode, but they have a legitimate need to keep it there (for console repairs, etc).
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:54 pm

I only hacked my Wii so I can use RawkSD, lol. But it turns out that it doesn't work on my Wii Menu version yet. T_T
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:18 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:I only hacked my Wii so I can use RawkSD, lol. But it turns out that it doesn't work on my Wii Menu version yet. T_T

lol, when I used to have a wii, I put a homebrew application so rock band 2 thought I purchased every song in the whole store and I could redownload them
Add me on XBL
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

it's not the DLC system it's the whole wii online library
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **

Return to “Off-Topic”