Attempting to activate Bioshock through Steam.

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Fallujah

Attempting to activate Bioshock through Steam.

Postby Fallujah » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:49 pm

So I know you can activate games you buy through Steam, and I've had Bioshock for a while now, I never got it to work exactly because I had some kind of bug where I could never could get past the 1st cut scene, so I though I would try it. And now it keeps saying the activation key is invalid. Any thoughts to help?
Fallujah

Re: Attempting to activate Bioshock through Steam.

Postby Fallujah » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Ah, I see. Thanks, anyone know how to fix the problem I described though?
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Check to make sure your key is inputted correctly. You can also try another key for a different GFWL game.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 am

Fallujah, you should just go to your steam library, click on "add a game", then click on "add a non-steam game". That'll give you the steam overlay in-game, and steam will show that you're playing Bioshock when you start it up. If you don't have the steam version of Bioshock, you can't "activate" it on steam, you can only add it to your library.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 am

That's not what he's trying to get. His version doesn't work with his computer so he thinks the Steam version will be different.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Fallujah

Postby Fallujah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Yeah, I just can't get the game to work on my computer. When I'm supposed to leave the bathysphere, my game just stops, I can look around, but that's it. My original problem was that the sound sucked. Now the sound is fine, the game just won't run.

Return to “Off-Topic”